+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT Hull City 2 - 1 Leicester City. The Premier League is back

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

FT Hull City 2 - 1 Leicester City. The Premier League is back

0 - 0 after 22 mins.

Hull have half of their youth team on the bench. Another club being shoddily run.

I do like their kit though.

Re: Hull City v Leicester City. The Premier League is back

Leicester look shit.

And I do NOT like Hull's kit.

Helluva goal for Hull, 1 nil.

Vardy should have got two for Leicester before they scored.
    He's lucky he doesn't play for us otherwise we'd be right on his case

Musa looks like a great player

He does but they got beat.
    Funny ol' game

Re: FT Hull City 2 - 1 Leicester City. The Premier League is back

All today's accies blown to bits.

When was the last time the Champions got relegated, the following season ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    When was the last time the Champions got relegated, the following season ?
    Man City in the 30s. It's a classic sports quiz question.

Almost predictable 2-1 win for Hull. I'm not saying the same thing will happen to Leicester, but I can remember that, after winning the title in 1992, Leeds finished much nearer the bottom than the top of the first ever Premier League (I don't think they won a single away match) and, based on today's game, Leicester aren't going to be title challengers this season.

I would have thought that after an amazing triumph like last season, it would be inevitable that a few members of the Leicester squad would have returned to pre season training suffering from swollen head syndrome and I daresay it must be nearly impossible to recapture the intensity of 15/16 even if you were a Leicester player who was determined not to let your standards drop because something in your subconcious is telling you that you'll never be able to match what you experienced three months ago.

I wouldn't say it was easy for Hull today, but, once they went 2-1 up, there weren't many times when they looked like they could be in trouble.

Bob, My exact sentiments re Leicester. Can see them struggling this season, but have enough about them not to get relegated.

It seems a very unpredictable league from top to bottom this season, far more than any other I can remember for a long time (bar Leicester winning the league last season)

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Almost predictable 2-1 win for Hull. I'm not saying the same thing will happen to Leicester, but I can remember that, after winning the title in 1992, Leeds finished much nearer the bottom than the top of the first ever Premier League (I don't think they won a single away match) and, based on today's game, Leicester aren't going to be title challengers this season.

I would have thought that after an amazing triumph like last season, it would be inevitable that a few members of the Leicester squad would have returned to pre season training suffering from swollen head syndrome and I daresay it must be nearly impossible to recapture the intensity of 15/16 even if you were a Leicester player who was determined not to let your standards drop because something in your subconcious is telling you that you'll never be able to match what you experienced three months ago.

I wouldn't say it was easy for Hull today, but, once they went 2-1 up, there weren't many times when they looked like they could be in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Is that subconscious Ranieri?

"Aliens are more likely to land in London than Leicester City defending their Premier League title, according to Foxes manager Claudio Ranieri."

From top to bottom in 90 minutes.

Man city won the League in1938 and were relegated in 1939.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Man city won the League in1938 and were relegated in 1939.

Right team but possibly wrong years ?