+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Chinese Super League

Chinese Super League

On SS3 now, Shanghai Greenland Shenhua vs Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao. It's currently one each, 25 minutes gone

Re: Chinese Super League

Shanghai Shenhua have a a terrible record against Guangzhou Evergrande (although most teams do in fairness), so it's a bit of a surprise that they're 2-1 up at half-time. Guangzhou have a few key players out at the moment, and this has also coincided with a recent dip in form. Guangzhou will still win the league though.

Chinese Football......f@ck that i rather have root canal treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC_Urawa_Reds View Post
    Shanghai Shenhua have a a terrible record against Guangzhou Evergrande (although most teams do in fairness), so it's a bit of a surprise that they're 2-1 up at half-time. Guangzhou have a few key players out at the moment, and this has also coincided with a recent dip in form. Guangzhou will still win the league though.
    Impressive synopsis and I assume that you didn't just Google the info.
    One question, why?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Impressive synopsis and I assume that you didn't just Google the info.
    One question, why?
    Reds is our far eastern correspondent having lived out there for a while. he knows his Asian football

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Reds is our far eastern correspondent having lived out there for a while. he knows his Asian football
    Ah that explains why he's ITK. Happy for you Reds as it's your local league, though why on earth they are showing it live on SS I know not (unless it was a one off).

Far too much football on telly IMO

Ah that explains why he's ITK. Happy for you Reds as it's your local league, though why on earth they are showing it live on SS I know not (unless it was a one off).

Who the ****'s making you watch it?!

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Machine View Post
    Fair question, nobody is making me watch it.
    Though it does make me wonder whether it's worth canceling my Sky subscription!

If it's not live football from the other side of the globe involving a 35 year old ex-prem player on show, it's re-runs of old Sky games or Sky pundits being revered and congratulating each other on being "great".

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Machine View Post
    he watched a game through curiosity and a little while later he was hungry for some more

Fair question, nobody is making me watch it.
    Though it does make me wonder whether it's worth canceling my Sky subscription!

If it's not live football from the other side of the globe involving a 35 year old ex-prem player on show, it's re-runs of old Sky games or Sky pundits being revered and congratulating each other on being "great".
    You're thinking about canceling because they show too much football?

I don't see the problem. Chinese clubs have attracted attention recently spending millions on foreign players - how much was Jackson Martinez, 50m euros or something daft like that? - the rights will cost them hardly anything and there isn't a lot else to put on SS3 at lunchtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    he watched a game through curiosity and a little while later he was hungry for some more
    From Reds' reply..... I'm sold!