Cardiff v Huddersfield - 2014 - 20,749
    Cardiff v Fulham - 2015 - 15429
    Cardiff v QPR - 2016 - 15869

Re: Opening Crowds in the Tan era

FFS get over it you wasn't complaining a few years back

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    FFS get over it you wasn't complaining a few years back
    Who says I am complaining? I'm just putting up the crowds at CCS on the first home game since Tan arrived to take you to places you only dreamt of.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Who says I am complaining? I'm just putting up the crowds at CCS on the first home game since Tan arrived to take you to places you only dreamt of.
    That's all you post is anti tan bullshit if he walked away do you think there would still be a Cardiff City because I don't

That's all you post is anti tan bullshit if he walked away do you think there would still be a Cardiff City because I don't
    I've merely posted the attendances in Tan's opening games over the last 5 seasons. He's lost 5,300 fans since 2012 - about the 25% he claimed he'd be happy to lose.

I've merely posted the attendances in Tan's opening games over the last 5 seasons. He's lost 5,300 fans since 2012 - about the 25% he claimed he'd be happy to lose.
    But made more fans than last year

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    But made more fans than last year
    Yep, the crowd up 440 on last year.

I was

I have been complaining since that odious little man, Tan changed our shirt colour to red, and put that absolute garbage of a badge on it. Since he decided to treat us, the fans, the custodians of Cardiff City Football Club with contempt. No amount of back peddling from him, will ever set the record straight as far as I am concerned! He will never be able to do any good in my eyes, I'm afraid.

I'd like to give it a try!

Been supporting Cardiff City FC since 68/69 season. Have seen us be utter garbage in all those years, and nearly fall out of the football league. BUT we always played in blue and had the bluebird badge on our shirts. Accept of course, during the Scam the Scam era, but at least he had the sense to realise a club is NOTHING without its supporters

Yep, the crowd up 440 on last year.
    So nearly a 3% increase. Thanks for confirming.

Cardiff v Huddersfield - 2012 - 21,127
    Cardiff v Man C - 2013 - 27068
    I wasn't there today but I presume the 15869 figure was the "official" attendance. What was the real figure would you say? (Question for those who were there)

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I wasn't there today but I presume the 15869 figure was the "official" attendance. What was the real figure would you say? (Question for those who were there)
    No way was there nearly 16000 there. The family stand was half empty as was the grandstand and Qpr only filled half their bit. Around 14000 would be nearer the mark

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    So nearly a 3% increase. Thanks for confirming.
    Down 25% in 5 years.

Do people think that changes in attendances are correlated by anything other than success on the pitch?

Quote Originally Posted by islandblue View Post
    No way was there nearly 16000 there. The family stand was half empty as was the grandstand and Qpr only filled half their bit. Around 14000 would be nearer the mark
    ^^^^^
    This!
    I alluded to the Man City game earlier.

Absolutely no comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Do people think that changes in attendances are correlated by anything other than success on the pitch?
    Opening day is usually the day when most fans feel optimistic, and clubs often record their highest gate on the opening day. Changes in attendance can be for a number of reasons, results being the main factor. It's not the only factor though. How can clubs in the lower leagues, like Sheff U, Portsmouth, manage to pull in nearly 20,000 fans after going through a long period of being crap?

How can clubs in the lower leagues, like Sheff U, Portsmouth, manage to pull in nearly 20,000 fans after going through a long period of being crap?
    Loyal fanbase?

Opening day is usually the day when most fans feel optimistic, and clubs often record their highest gate on the opening day. Changes in attendance can be for a number of reasons, results being the main factor. It's not the only factor though. How can clubs in the lower leagues, like Sheff U, Portsmouth, manage to pull in nearly 20,000 fans after going through a long period of being crap?
    Portsmouth have been champions of the top division twice and won the FA Cup twice, Sheff U have also won the top division and have won the FA Cup on 4 occasions and have spent 60 years of their history in the top flight of English football.

If you're comparing the attendance of those teams to Cardiff then you are doing so unfairly.

Don't bother colonel he tries to find any negative he can then gets found out everytime he's talking bollox

Cardiff v Huddersfield - 2012 - 21,127
    Cardiff v Man C - 2013 - 27068
    Why don't you compare our Championship attendances at Ninian Park? I think you'll find today's attendance quite comparable to those.
    By the way, the amount of dross on the pitch we've had to watch the past few years, I'm amazed we get as many as we do. It's been largely dire.

The attendance figures confirm success and ambition is THE factor in our cowds.

Tan is owner and chairman name only. No interest in taking the club forward. Just cost cutting which should leave us debt free.

An ex fan a season or so ago when we were in red said we should demand a return to blue and accept a few lean years. That is what is going to happen. Hopefully that fan has returned.

Jirga the other day to tried to convince me that you weren't bitter but your glee after today's defeat gives you away yet again.

Ok mate we are a shit club, with shit fans, shit players, shit management and shit crowds, now **** off and watch eastenders you sad twat

Cardiff are a historically small club, 15,000 is probably out natural level of consistent support.

We had a few years of success when the floating fans came more regularly but we are now back to being an average championship club with no prospect of promotion.

Don't bother colonel he tries to find any negative he can then gets found out everytime he's talking bollox
    Yep, I am talking bollox, Cardiff's opening day crowds have plainly been rising for the last 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Jirga the other day to tried to convince me that you weren't bitter but your glee after today's defeat gives you away yet again.

Ok mate we are a shit club, with shit fans, shit players, shit management and shit crowds, now **** off and watch eastenders you sad twat
    Why would I watch Eastenders?