+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Opening Crowds in the Tan era

Re: Opening Crowds in the Tan era

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Cardiff are a historically small club, 15,000 is probably out natural level of consistent support.

We had a few years of success when the floating fans came more regularly but we are now back to being an average championship club with no prospect of promotion.
    Nail on head. People buying STs on the back of FA and League Cup finals, challenging for promotion and the Prem season are gone for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    Why don't you compare our Championship attendances at Ninian Park? I think you'll find today's attendance quite comparable to those.
    By the way, the amount of dross on the pitch we've had to watch the past few years, I'm amazed we get as many as we do. It's been largely dire.
    You can do that if you like - though I'm not sure why comparing crowds from 10 years ago to crowds from the last 5 years has any benefit. I am merely looking at a snapshot of opening day attendances in the Vincent Tan era. He said he'd be happy to lose 25% of fans, so I'm assuming there is satisfaction in the way the crowds appear to be heading.

If he wants the crowds back appoint a big name and spend £20 million on players and get us back into debt.

Or hope that Cardiff come good and challenge for the top 2, otherwise crowds won't improve whatever happens.

Banned

Liverpool were on the telly,Cardiff never had a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    You can do that if you like - though I'm not sure why comparing crowds from 10 years ago to crowds from the last 5 years has any benefit. I am merely looking at a snapshot of opening day attendances in the Vincent Tan era. He said he'd be happy to lose 25% of fans, so I'm assuming there is satisfaction in the way the crowds appear to be heading.
    He said that when we were in red and reasonably successful.

Tan probably still couldnt give a sh!t as hes lost interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    He said that when we were in red and reasonably successful.

Tan probably still couldnt give a sh!t as hes lost interest.
    Of course he gives a shit. He has invested £120m plus into the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    If he wants the crowds back appoint a big name and spend £20 million on players and get us back into debt.

Or hope that Cardiff come good and challenge for the top 2, otherwise crowds won't improve whatever happens.
    This.

If wed done that a certain poster would be saying there will be no professional football in Cardiff in 2 years.

So if tan wasn't there do you honestly believe our attendances would be any better

The bottom line is, if Cardiff had won both their first games 3-0, looked exciting and were sitting at the top of the league then their attendances would go up regardless of who owned the club.

Statement by Choo saying 'We have to sell b4 we buy.
    Manga going. No strike threat.
    Hardly a statement of intent from the club to get 'customers' excited.

Why would I watch Eastenders?
    The reason the attendances are down is because t.wats like you have turned your back on the club, yet you've got the most to say about things on here.

No wonder most posters on here cannot take you seriously at all.

Does anyone know if I can get a refund on my season ticket after I went to todays game as I didn't like it.

Or would that be a pretty thick thing to think?

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Does anyone know if I can get a refund on my season ticket after I went to todays game as I didn't like it.
    Be better if you simply relocated, mate...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Be better if you simply relocated, mate...
    I hate the football, I hate Tan but I'm still going to have to go because of my poor little kids. It's not fair on them if I don't.

Of course he gives a shit. He has invested £120m plus into the club.
    I bet he doesnt.

The figures show a large drop in attendances since Tan dropped his re-brand and stopped showing any interest in taking the club forward.

This is Cardiff City trying to live within its means and without Tans backing. Tan lost all interest when the red was rejected.

Sadly without the success the club as lost thousands of fans.

Hopefully years down the line we will be debt free and move forward and the thousands will come back.

Some who just stick the knife in and take pleasure in seeing the club in decline hopefully stay away forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy G View Post
    Statement by Choo saying 'We have to sell b4 we buy.
    Manga going. No strike threat.
    Hardly a statement of intent from the club to get 'customers' excited.
    Sorry,meant Fabio.
    Too many sherberts

Cardiff v Huddersfield - 2012 - 21,127
    Cardiff v Man C - 2013 - 27068
    Cardiff v Huddersfield - 2014 - 20,749
    Cardiff v Fulham - 2015 - 15429
    Cardiff v QPR - 2016 - 15869
    One of the favourites for promotion, spent a shedful

1st game in the Prem

One of the favourites for promotion, spent a packet

Slade and solidity/ cut backs

Trollope and more cut backs

No comparison.
    Where's TLG with some more relevant slagging off of our club 😄

We had more in league 1 v Blackpool in 2002 with no money but plenty of spirit, maybe hammam first game was it??
    Football fans in cardiff have had enough guff to last a lifetime and cannot be arsed, I don't blame them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    One of the favourites for promotion, spent a shedful

1st game in the Prem

One of the favourites for promotion, spent a packet

Slade and solidity/ cut backs

Trollope and more cut backs

No comparison.
    Where's TLG with some more relevant slagging off of our club ��
    Gunman's a rugger fan nowadays. He's usually to be found in Clwb Ifor Bach swigging craft ales and reminiscing about the "great" Wales teams of the 1970s whilst conveniently forgetting they too were rolled-over without much ado by New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I bet he doesnt.

The figures show a large drop in attendances since Tan dropped his re-brand and stopped showing any interest in taking the club forward.

This is Cardiff City trying to live within its means and without Tans backing. Tan lost all interest when the red was rejected.

Sadly without the success the club as lost thousands of fans.

Hopefully years down the line we will be debt free and move forward and the thousands will come back.

Some who just stick the knife in and take pleasure in seeing the club in decline hopefully stay away forever.
    It makes no sense really,how much did Tan actually invest to get us up last time?? Not a huge amount in today's terms. Where it went wrong is how we spent after promotion. You would think he would have the foresight just to do the premier league but right this time, or give it a better go with a good manager. He is stubborn and won't though, so football is basically dead around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Do people think that changes in attendances are correlated by anything other than success on the pitch?
    Isn't it the owner's job to have the club set up for success on the pitch?

The Tan era started in 2010 surely? He was here for two years before he decided to change the colours.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The Tan era started in 2010 surely? He was here for two years before he decided to change the colours.
    In 2010/11 he appeared later in the season

2011 v Bristol City - 22639

So, a 30% drop in opening day attendances in the Tan era.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    I feel your pain Trublue. My advice is to continue to use the ticket (I understand they are cheaper these days so you won't lose as much money as I did) and then pack it in next season.

It's unlikely that you will be quitting at the start of a PL season - sometimes it feels better to quit at the top than the bottom.

You never know, maybe Cardiff will start winning and you can change your mind then. I appreciate you don't like changing your mind based on the evidence as it becomes available, but it is a natural thing to do.

I think this is just us returning to the mean.
    Almost 16k is probably about right for us in the championship with little chance of promotion. If your memory only stretches back to 2012 then it is not surprising that it looks poor.