+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tackling Tax Avoidance

Tackling Tax Avoidance

Hopefully this should stop the accountancy firms suggesting schemes that in their eyes barely sit inside the law as intended and will stop Jimmy Carr 1% tax schemes, and the rich of society can start paying a larger share of the tax. Any schemes found to fall outside the intended purpose of the tax breaks will now be subject to 100% of the tax due to the accountancy firm, aswell as the individual involved.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37101020

Re: Tackling Tax Avoidance

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    Hopefully this should stop the accountancy firms suggesting schemes that in their eyes barely sit inside the law as intended and will stop Jimmy Carr 1% tax schemes, and the rich of society can start paying a larger share of the tax. Any schemes found to fall outside the intended purpose of the tax breaks will now be subject to 100% of the tax due to the accountancy firm, aswell as the individual involved.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37101020
    Has Feedback regained consciousness yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Has Feedback regained consciousness yet?
    I have had my suspicions, but no clear signs yet.

He doesnt comment on tax issues, as he makes a chunk of his money helping clients keep their tax down. All perfectly legal I assure you

Theresa May parks her first tank on Jeremy Corbin's lawn!!

Fleabag describes these shenanigans as tax efficiency savings.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    I have had my suspicions, but no clear signs yet.

He doesnt comment on tax issues, as he makes a chunk of his money helping clients keep their tax down. All perfectly legal I assure you
    One of the reasons some use an accountant is to be able to shave their tax bill - the cost of the accountant is usually less than the tax saved. It creates a flourishing industry where taxation goes into accountants pockets. Nice work for just being able to add up and know all the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Theresa May parks her first tank on Jeremy Corbin's lawn!!

Assuming that accountants are generally well-off individuals that support capitalism and, more likely than any other, the Conservatives, I doubt May will really get involved in any sort of battle with them and affect their way of operating and living. As good a soundbite as it is, my feeling is that nothing will be done as most "tax avoidance" is perfectly legal.

If May was really serious about this she would close the myriad of tax loopholes that exist.