Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Oh, you mean I should steal it?
    ****ing hell you are one depressing ****er

Re: TV series recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Everything on Netflix has a HD stream on kodi you're wasting your money
    This ^^^^

Just finished Stranger Things.

7/10. First class acting and setting but too much fantasy for me in the end.

Could have done a parrallel universe story without the need of that monster thing.

Didn't enjoy Stranger Things, partly because it was hyped up so much and also because I had my fill of Stephen King style shenanigans when I was a kid.

The Night Of was excellent though, thanks to whoever recommended that.

He's right though. Pinching off Sky is one thing, they're a bunch of rip-off bastards with Rupert Murdoch at the helm, but Netflix is only about 7.50 a month, advert free, got loads of worthwhile stuff and it's worth supporting it.

I used to live next door to the bass player in a band called The Dirty Youth. He, and his fellow band members, are losing about 20-30 percent of their potential income to torrents, streaming etc.

Netflix is cheap (9 quid for 4k on 4 devices ) and people stealing their stuff will mean that they hike their prices for those of us who play by the rules. The first month is free too!

No ads anywhere on their service either.

In contrast, Sky is currently about 40 quid a month for us, their tv shows are often repeated and have ad breaks (i.e. You're paying to watch someone pay Sky to advertise their goods).

The Sky model is out dated, Netflix is the future - but that could easily be spoilt by knock off Nigels.

Netflix make TV shows (some really good stuff too).

Piracy is a problem - if we all followed your advice, where do you think TV will be in 5 years time?

Imagine the place you work at suddenly had 30% of its stock getting pinched every day. Your boss may end up laying you off.
    Last edited by Badly Ironed Shirt; 04-09-16 at 20:06.

I got one of them fake sky boxes that work just as well and is so much cheaper but I pay for Netflix, it's worth it and is great value. I'd even say it's too cheap, id happily pay a 10er a month.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    I used to live next door to the bass player in a band called The Dirty Youth. He, and his fellow band members, are losing about 20-30 percent of their potential income to torrents, streaming etc.
    Have you ever streamed any football games?

New series from cinemax, the home of the much loved Banshee.

Quarry.
    Only 2 episodes in but this looks fantastic.Similar quality to Banshee but much more serious.
    Excellent cast, including the lead from the film The Invitation which is also really good, plus the brilliant Peter Mullen.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2980696/

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    New series from cinemax, the home of the much loved Banshee.

Quarry.
    Only 2 episodes in but this looks fantastic.Similar quality to Banshee but much more serious.
    Excellent cast, including the lead from the film The Invitation which is also really good, plus the brilliant Peter Mullen.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2980696/

Will have to check this out been watching lost the last 3 weeks been hooked on it but very frustrating

Will have to check this out been watching lost the last 3 weeks been hooked on it but very frustrating
    Save some frustration for the final episode..

Westworld looks like it's going to be good TV.

First time I've seen that Westworld trailer.
    Damn, it looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    This may not go down too well but having been off work for nine weeks the best thing I watched in that time was Hinterland. Thought it had the right mix of suspense, jingoism and intrigue. Also liked Endeavour. Oh, and Southlands - American show but not polished and 'fun' like NCIS and that kind of wank.
    Hinterland excellent and also Shetland. Line of Duty already mentioned up there too for best Brit cop series.

Best American thing for ages - both series of Bosch on Amazon Prime.
    Last edited by TDA; 19-09-16 at 16:20.

Just started watching Narcos and liking it.
    For all its flaws I enjoyed The Get Down.
    Black Mirror is on Netflix with 6 new episodes next month.
    Netflix is miles better value than anything else at the moment.

I'm watching Treme at the moment on HBO. From the creators of The Wire and features a fair few of the same actors. It's based in New Orleans post-Katrina. I'm only half way throught the first series but it's really good.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1279972/

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    'Dag' is the best thing on TV.
    Good to hear you finally watched Dag , we chatted about this series recently , you would like " One Mississippi http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4947608/
    and "" Transparent "" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3502262/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Both on Amazon Prime and off the wall dark humour , like Dag.

can't believe no-one has mentioned American Horror Story, series 6 just started on Fox. Superb cast used throughout the series, some 'big' names, Different theme each time but always entertaining

Quote Originally Posted by spadey View Post
    can't believe no-one has mentioned American Horror Story, series 6 just started on Fox. Superb cast used throughout the series, some 'big' names, Different theme each time but always entertaining

This latest incarnation looks intriguing,due to the real-life disappearance of the Roanoak colony.
    I always really enjoy the first half of every AHS then get bored during the second half. I like the format this time so hope it keeps me going all series.

Quote Originally Posted by CopenhagenBlue View Post
    I'm watching Treme at the moment on HBO. From the creators of The Wire and features a fair few of the same actors. It's based in New Orleans post-Katrina. I'm only half way throught the first series but it's really good.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1279972/

Loved it, one of only 4 (US) box sets I've managed to watch to the end.

Started Utopia the other day, quite funny and doesn't take its self to seriously.

I'd prefer series which are a bit more gritty and less shiny than a lot of US TV so I tend to watch a lot of Nordic Noir stuff. On Netflix I thought Spotless was well worth a watch.

Blue in the Face

Bloodline has started very well, but I've only seen the first couple of episodes. Likewise season 4 of "House of Cards".

Avoid "The Kennedy's". Very badly written. Shame as it could have been great if done properly.

Does nobody on this forum subscribe to an IPTV??
    Have a look at WWW.NTV.MX and save your selves some money guys!!

I know it's quite old, but the last month or so I've been watching the Sopranos on SKY Box sets. What a series that is, now on the fourth series. Brilliant!