+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: TV series recommendations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blue in the Face

Re: TV series recommendations

Bloodline has started very well, but I've only seen the first couple of episodes. Likewise season 4 of "House of Cards".

Avoid "The Kennedy's". Very badly written. Shame as it could have been great if done properly.

I know it's quite old, but the last month or so I've been watching the Sopranos on SKY Box sets. What a series that is, now on the fourth series. Brilliant!

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    I know it's quite old, but the last month or so I've been watching the Sopranos on SKY Box sets. What a series that is, now on the fourth series. Brilliant!
    The best thing ever created by humans IMHMFO

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    I'm going to have to try this again watched the first 2 episodes and couldn't get in to it , only problem is I know how it ends

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    I second this. Nothing else comes close.

The blacklist is well worth a watch series four just started on Thursday

Just finished Narcos season one, wow up there with the Wire , Breaking Bad, to think this happened, and was allowed to happen is bewildering . The characters as so well portrayed, you get to feel they are real at times, what an awful corrupt world the ordinary folk of Columbia had to endue, for the benefits of the corrupt, rich and end users . Those who stood strong and fought it, deserved high award and recognition .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Just finished Narcos season one, wow up there with the Wire , Breaking Bad, to think this happened, and was allowed to happen is bewildering . The characters as so well portrayed, you get to feel they are real at times, what an awful corrupt world the ordinary folk of Columbia had to endue, for the benefits of the corrupt, rich and end users . Those who stood strong and fought it, deserved high award and recognition .
    Watching the last two episodes of series one tonight. Then time to watch series two! It's cracking.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Watching the last two episodes of series one tonight. Then time to watch series two! It's cracking.
    It is cracking. Going to start season 2 over the weekend, I've read that they've also commissioned season 3&4 already so much more to come.

Gommorra

"I haven't sen Max and Paddy in a while". "That's got to be quite cheap, Phoenix nights cost 15 odd quid for the complete set not long ago"

Cough

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Max-Paddys-...=max+and+paddy

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Phoenix-Nig...V45RN35QH5HAX3

Not cheap on ebay either.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    "I haven't sen Max and Paddy in a while". "That's got to be quite cheap, Phoenix nights cost 15 odd quid for the complete set not long ago"

Cough

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Max-Paddys-...=max+and+paddy

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Phoenix-Nig...V45RN35QH5HAX3

Not cheap on ebay either.
    Loved Phoenix nights couldn't believe he only done 2 series before doing the max and Paddy spin off

Blue in the Face

Thought I'd resurect this thread to ask, has anyone seen "The Newsroom"? Caught up with "Steve Jobs" last night and now want to see more stuff written by Aaron Sorkin.

Just finished the whole of Californication in about three weeks.

Really enjoyed it. Not the greatest thing I've ever watched but some real laugh out loud moments, great characters and sharp writing make it well worth a look.

Oh, and if you like fine looking young women with their titties on show then it's got that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Just finished the whole of Californication in about three weeks.

Really enjoyed it. Not the greatest thing I've ever watched but some real laugh out loud moments, great characters and sharp writing make it well worth a look.

Oh, and if you like fine looking young women with their titties on show then it's got that as well.
    My friend has been going on about this for years. Saying that he uses tactics in it on nights out.

I watched a few of them. The main guy was sitting in bar and he got turned down by a girl. In his pit of despair, he looks up and browses the room, to see a 10/10 girl licking her lips at him. Naturally.

I am sorry but I can't take it seriously. Either that or I am just bitter.

Apple Tree Yard looks like it may be developing into a decent drama

Netflix.

Good entertainment but it is an extreme struggle to avoid the Pro Americanism of it grinding.

As always the usual characters are made to look the bad guys within minutes and america the saviours. I knew Iran would be brought up within minutes of watching.

I haven't watched them all yet mind.

Just binged on season one and two of Narcos. Brilliant. It's crazy how you're still rooting for Escobar right up to the end even after all the horrific shit he's done and when you already know the outcome.

Wagner Moura was the dogs bollocks in Narcos and will be a big miss when Narcos 3 arrives on our screens later this year. Best thing I have watched in ages.

Currently watching "Taboo" with Tom Hardy.
    Episode 5 is tomorrow night on BBC1 but the first 4 episodes are available on iplayer.
    Well worth a watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Wagner Moura was the dogs bollocks in Narcos and will be a big miss when Narcos 3 arrives on our screens later this year. Best thing I have watched in ages.
    It's not going to be the same watching the Cali Cartel. I already want them to fail.

A lot of good recommendations but the best thing I've seen in a while is Vikings
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2306299/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Has anyone else watched The OA on Netflix?

If so, can someone explain what the fekin hell I wasted near 8 hrs on..
    Got bored after the first 3 episodes but as it was only 8 I was determined to finish it and get some answers to what it was about.

Nope , nothing.

Watched 7 episodes of Narcos today. Me and Mrs watched 4 episodes of Stranger Things last night and will watch a shed full tonight. Brilliant recommendations fellas.
    Spedger

Recently I have been watching:
    No Offence - Brilliant
    Unforgotten - Brilliant
    Apple Tree Yard (recorded last nights)

Next week sees the return of Walking Dead.