+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wikileaks - Will it effect the outcome of the US election?

Blue in the Face

Wikileaks - Will it effect the outcome of the US election?

The more I listen to Assange, the more I feel he would rather a Trump win over Clinton. It seems he has hope that Trump could attempt to break up the bureaucracy of the CIA. Though opinion is not his remit, but truthful reportage.

It seems to me that the revelations about Clinton in this interview, as well as revelations to come, could affect the outcome of the US election. It was published a couple of weeks ago. Has this hit the mainstream news in the UK?

Blue in the Face

Re: Wikileaks - Will it effect the outcome of the US election?

Blog Entries

What has Wikileaks done for us?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    The more I listen to Assange, the more I feel he would rather a Trump win over Clinton. It seems he has hope that Trump could attempt to break up the bureaucracy of the CIA. Though opinion is not his remit, but truthful reportage.

It seems to me that the revelations about Clinton in this interview, as well as revelations to come, could affect the outcome of the US election. It was published a couple of weeks ago. Has this hit the mainstream news in the UK?
    This latest round of who can throw the most money and end up being POTUS exposes the weakness of Americas version of democracy and the awful choices that it leaves for the electorate. If Americans were faced with a straight choice between Hitler or Stalin they would end up voting for one of them.

People don't have a clue about what is on the way, anything of consequence is met with cries to stick it in the Politics Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    People don't have a clue about what is on the way, anything of consequence is met with cries to stick it in the Politics Forum
    Care to enlighten us then?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Care to enlighten us then?
    he's just smarting cos the looneys have been denied attention on the main board

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post

Not sure why they feel that we all need to dedicate our lives to it. Some of us actaully have a life to live.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    What has Wikileaks done for us?
    I hope that's a Python reference Mrs

It would appear, if all the reports are true, that there is a potential problem looming.

http://journal-neo.org/2016/08/24/a-...uclear-button/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post

No it's not, I put Wikileaks in the same category as Snowden, controlled opposition, I've not really followed up any of their leaks so it's a genuine question, what have they actually leaked that has been of any benefit to us?

They always follow the same dialectic, you have to create the problems before you can make changes to fix them, many of these "whistleblower" people seem to make more problems, hence why I'm asking.

I don't usually disagree with you but I think you're wrong on this one. Snowden brought us Tempora, .gov hasn't denied its existence.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I don't usually disagree with you but I think you're wrong on this one. Snowden brought us Tempora, .gov hasn't denied its existence.
    They haven't denied it's existence, they have played on it's existence by saying things like "These acts of betrayal place America's military men and women at greater risk" they are just giving themselves more and more excuses for tighter controls, more spying ect, who is going to be against that if it keeps the troops safe? nobody

Tempora is the British one, Prism is what the Yanks have.

The Greens presidential candidate buys the whistleblowers' integrity. http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blo...e-of-wikileaks

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Tempora is the British one, Prism is what the Yanks have.

The Greens presidential candidate buys the whistleblowers' integrity. http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blo...e-of-wikileaks
    Yeah that's the one, they are all the same to me, you get my drift though, we are usually happy when things the government get up to get exposed to the public but when has it ever helped us? there always seems to be a third fold that becomes apparent later on then we realise that it's going to help them more than it is us.

Also they would have us believe that people like the BBC can arrange interviews and meet up with him but other people can't find him? if he wasn't controlled by them he would be wearing a concrete overcoat by now I reckon I dunno, I just don't buy it.

No it's not, I put Wikileaks in the same category as Snowden, controlled opposition, I've not really followed up any of their leaks so it's a genuine question, what have they actually leaked that has been of any benefit to us?

They always follow the same dialectic, you have to create the problems before you can make changes to fix them, many of these "whistleblower" people seem to make more problems, hence why I'm asking.
    Maybe it's more to do with somethings are best kept a secret?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Maybe it's more to do with somethings are best kept a secret?
    If I thought they were not corrupt and had our best interests at heart I might be tempted to agree with that, but I don't, so I don't

Blue in the Face

You're right to link Snowden and Wikileaks together, particularly as Wikileaks actively intervened to help Snowden when he was stranded in Hong Kong. I too have a few questions about Snowden's status/agenda. He claims to be living with a certain degree of freedom in Russia for now. I'll admit I don't know enough on Snowden and need to learn more before I can have an opinion.

When the military videos of the systemic murder of Iraqi civillians surfaced, I'll admit my first reaction was to ask the same question. Is this a good thing that this is in the public domain? Does this do too much harm? We can ask the same questions of other stuff that has leaked. It's a difficult question. But to answer your question - "what have they actually leaked that has been of any benefit to us?"

I would say the details of the TTIP details are something that simply must be in the public domain. This has come from Wikileaks. Also the revelations in the video in the OP (from around 19 minutes) about Hilary Clinton's involvement selling arms to Isis also must be in the public domain.

TTIP in it's form is something I feel must be stopped. The revelations about the US creating an enemy (and customer) in ISIS in which to later bomb won't be of much of a surprise to anyone who understands the "industrial military complex". If these allegations turn out to be true then I feel the public must know. I want to believe that we are heading toward a freer and more democratic future, but I don't believe that. But I think Wikileaks is an essential thorn in the side of the I.M.C. and impending corporate totalitarianism.

"what have they actually leaked that has been of any benefit to us?" By "us" do you mean "the world" or "US/uk"? While I don't support any regimes opposing the US/uk agenda, I'm not buying the narrative that we are the world's heroes either.
    Last edited by Blue in the Face; 24-08-16 at 17:11.

Banned

When the military videos of the systemic murder of Iraqi civillians surfaced, I'll admit my first reaction was to ask the same question. Is this a good thing that this is in the public domain? Does this do too much harm? We can ask the same questions of other stuff that has leaked. It's a difficult question. But to answer your question - "what have they actually leaked that has been of any benefit to us?"

What videos are these?

Blog Entries

You're right to link Snowden and Wikileaks together, particularly as Wikileaks actively intervened to help Snowden when he was stranded in Hong Kong. I too have a few questions about Snowden's status/agenda. He claims to be living with a certain degree of freedom in Russia for now. I'll admit I don't know enough on Snowden and need to learn more before I can have an opinion.

I would say the details of the TTIP details are something that simply must be in the public domain. This has come from Wikileaks. Also the revelations in the video in the OP (from around 19 minutes) about Hilary Clinton's involvement selling arms to Isis also must be in the public domain.

TTIP in it's form is something I feel must be stopped. The revelations about the US creating an enemy (and customer) in ISIS in which to later bomb won't be of much of a surprise to anyone who understands the "industrial military complex". If these allegations turn out to be true then I feel the public must know. I want to believe that we are heading toward a freer and more democratic future, but I don't believe that. But I think Wikileaks is an essential thorn in the side of the I.M.C. and impending corporate totalitarianism.

"what have they actually leaked that has been of any benefit to us?" By "us" do you mean "the world" or "US/uk"? While I don't support any regimes opposing the US/uk agenda, I'm not buying the narrative that we are the world's heroes either.
    I agree on the TTIP thing but I don't see Wikileaks as a thorn in their side, I can't find all the stuff I had on him atm, must be on my old lappy, will have a look later, or just google Edward Snowden shill, might be quicker

Blue in the Face

I agree on the TTIP thing but I don't see Wikileaks as a thorn in their side, I can't find all the stuff I had on him atm, must be on my old lappy, will have a look later, or just google Edward Snowden shill, might be quicker
    Yes, I've heard some of these ideas and Snowdens employment record/biography is suspect. But I'll admit I haven't put the time into reading up on it. I'll do some homework and report back. Thanks for the tip!

On Wikileaks. They certainly get their info from government agencies. But what makes me lean towards trusting is that they dish dirt in every and any direction. I see that as a progressive thing for the planet.

No freedom of the press. No democracy.

Blog Entries

Yes, I've heard some of these ideas and Snowdens employment record/biography is suspect. But I'll admit I haven't put the time into reading up on it. I'll do some homework and report back. Thanks for the tip!

On Wikileaks. They certainly get their info from government agencies. But what makes me lean towards trusting is that they dish dirt in every and any direction. I see that as a progressive thing for the planet.

No freedom of the press. No democracy.
    They have to dish out plenty of information or nobody would trust them though, it's the progressive thing I have a problem with, it's all well and good moving forward but it does not mean you are moving to a better place, the progressive lot are just recycled Communists, and the scary part is that half of them don't even know it themselves, they are so hell bent on doing what they have been brainwashed in to thinking is the right thing to do they have lost any sense of logic, if anyone is to cause our demise it will be them, that is one thing I'm sure of.

I'm not knocking them btw, I used to be one too but the hypocrisy of it all really got to me in the end and I started to see things differently.

I was going to say something else but I forget what it was now, I will get back to it later, dishes to do.

Banned

They have to dish out plenty of information or nobody would trust them though, it's the progressive thing I have a problem with, it's all well and good moving forward but it does not mean you are moving to a better place, the progressive lot are just recycled Communists, and the scary part is that half of them don't even know it themselves, they are so hell bent on doing what they have been brainwashed in to thinking is the right thing to do they have lost any sense of logic, if anyone is to cause our demise it will be them, that is one thing I'm sure of.

I'm not knocking them btw, I used to be one too but the hypocrisy of it all really got to me in the end and I started to see things differently.

I was going to say something else but I forget what it was now, I will get back to it later, dishes to do.
    I've just had a look at the wikileaks page and it seems remarkably light on Chinese and russian 'leaks'.

Blue in the Face

Wikileaks - Will it effect the outcome of the US election?

The answer I think is no. No one anywhere gives a **** that they have made public evidence that Hilary sanctioned arming ISIS via conduits in the middle east. I meet lots of folks getting hysterical about Mr Trump building walls and whatever other wet farts he's pumping out, but none of these facebook educated atomatons are even aware of Hilary's complicity in arming ISIS.

Since when have you taken up shooting the messenger?