+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Samsung 6

O/T Samsung 6

My contract is up so I'm looking for a new phone. I don't want to spend too much and I've seen some good contracts for the Samsung 6. Anyone like to share their views on it? Good or bad. I'll mostly be using it for browsing and for the camera. It looks just about small enough to fit in your jeans pocket I think?

Re: O/T Samsung 6

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    My contract is up so I'm looking for a new phone. I don't want to spend too much and I've seen some good contracts for the Samsung 6. Anyone like to share their views on it? Good or bad. I'll mostly be using it for browsing and for the camera. It looks just about small enough to fit in your jeans pocket I think?
    Samsung Galaxy S6 I meant.

I have a ga;axy s6 and think it is a great phone, well big enough for browsing and a cracking camera

Thanks - I've pretty much decided on it but I thought I';d check if anyone had any horror stories.

Thanks - I've pretty much decided on it but I thought I';d check if anyone had any horror stories.
    Avoid the 'Edge' variant, the battery is rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Halen View Post
    Avoid the 'Edge' variant, the battery is rubbish.
    I couldn't really see the point in the Edge phones. Is there anything special other than the fact that the screen go to the edge, which on the face of it doesn't seem all that special?

I couldn't really see the point in the Edge phones. Is there anything special other than the fact that the screen go to the edge, which on the face of it doesn't seem all that special?
    It just looks so cool. I bought an edge the day it came out. Regretted it functionality wise as it doesn't add an awful lot, although I've started to use it more lately, but it just looks so sexy! Not sure I could buy a non edge phone now.

The one thing the edge does add is that you can pin favourite contacts and apps to the edge screen so you can swipe it in the corner and select a contact or an app, also if you have your phone facedown on a surface it glows the colour of the pinned person if they phone or text you.

Yeah they do look nice to be fair.