+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jason Perry

Jason Perry

I thought JP's comments are spot on. Do City fans trust the club with it's non footballing expertise to find the right Manager? Based on recent experience surely the answer is no. Malky has been the only successful appointment. It seems to me that the fans have much better ideas for the right Manager, although I think Bellamy is unproven and therefore too much of a risk. I think Pullis or Bruce would be are best bet. Your thoughts please.

Re: Jason Perry

Quote Originally Posted by blackrock bluebird View Post
    I thought JP's comments are spot on. Do City fans trust the club with it's non footballing expertise to find the right Manager? Based on recent experience surely the answer is no. Malky has been the only successful appointment. It seems to me that the fans have much better ideas for the right Manager, although I think Bellamy is unproven and therefore too much of a risk. I think Pullis or Bruce would be are best bet. Your thoughts please.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37400869

I agree with Jason Perry 100%.

Will a change of manager make a difference? I'm not sure it will because the same basic faults will remain - a recognition that the balance between football men and money men is skewed too much in favour of the latter to the extent that they have too big a say on footballing judgments would be a start, provided, of course, that something was done to correct the situation.

There's not much point discussing who would come here because the sort of manager the fans want to see would not touch the Cardiff job with a bargepole if he had to work under the sort of conditions Trollope has to.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Will a change of manager make a difference? I'm not sure it will because the same basic faults will remain - a recognition that the balance between football men and money men is skewed too much in favour of the latter to the extent that they have too big a say on footballing judgments would be a start, provided, of course, that something was done to correct the situation.

There's not much point discussing who would come here because the sort of manager the fans want to see would not touch the Cardiff job with a bargepole if he had to work under the sort of conditions Trollope has to.
    Warnock went to Rotherham. I'm sure he'd come here.

There is no way he'd accept our midfield jogging out to support a lone striker.

He wouldn't have not used 2 subs when we didn't look like scoring and several players were out on their feet.

He'd also have an idea what his best team is.

Do I think the board will appoint the right man no.

Keep Trollope and it's L 1

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Problem is, it clearly isn't working and time is running out before an awful run of games starts in November and rounds out 2016. We simply have to start winning games now or I think we're toast. For some reason, Trollope isn't getting any results and we've only really played Norwich who you'd expect to be challenging come April/May. I fully understand Perry's point but can it really get much worse? We've only scored in 3 games all season, kept 1 clean sheet and have 5 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

He wouldn't have not used 2 subs when we didn't look like scoring and several players were out on their feet.

KEEP TROLLOPE AND IT'S L 2 !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Problem is, it clearly isn't working and time is running out before an awful run of games starts in November and rounds out 2016. We simply have to start winning games now or I think we're toast. For some reason, Trollope isn't getting any results and we've only really played Norwich who you'd expect to be challenging come April/May. I fully understand Perry's point but can it really get much worse? We've only scored in 3 games all season, kept 1 clean sheet and have 5 points.

Being a mite pedantic, but we've only scored in TWO games.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

Warnock went to Rotherham and was, no doubt, given the run of the place - can you see that happening here? Even if we did manage to attract a "big name" manager, I'd give it a month or so before there was a bust up with the money men which would see them depart. There needs to be a fundamental change to the way the club is run to offer hope of any lasting progress on the pitch - football men should be allowed to get on with dealing with the football, while the money men tell them what's possible within our financial confines and what's not.