+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Football pundits/Commentators you like

Football pundits/Commentators you like

I like Neville and Carragher for their obvious insight into the game.
    I think Shearer is getting better as time goes on. I think Tim Vickery is superb and I could listen to him all day. Hoddle is good when he's not talking about England and I used used to like Gab Marcotti until he became a bit of a comedy character.

Re: Football pundits/Commentators you like

The only one I really liked was the late Brian Moore. Very knowledgeable, likeable bloke, sadly missed in football broadcasting.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    The only one I really liked was the late Brian Moore. Very knowledgeable, likeable bloke, sadly missed in football broadcasting.
    He always used to say "if you have just come in from the office" when commentating.Decent man. Decent commentator.
    I have to say I like Rob Phillips. Not keen on Kevin Ratcliffe who is a know it all and very dull.
    Last edited by Pearcey3; 25-09-16 at 18:30.

Vickery is in a class of his own. I like Neville but can't understand a word that scouse twat carragher says, I did like Collymore commentating he used to get so excited on games and was entertaining matterface isn't to bad Henry is alright when not on about arsenal and I used to like gray and tyler. I did enjoy pullis at the Euro's

Rob Phillips and Alan Brazil

Adrian Chiles.

I know I'm in a minority but I love the self-depreciation and misery that he shows - real fan and funny man.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Adrian Chiles.

I know I'm in a minority but I love the self-depreciation and misery that he shows - real fan and funny man.
    Adrian Chiles funny man

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Hated him

Neville and Carragher, done it all and have a good sense of humour.

Tim Vickery, best pundit in the world and criminally underused.

Souness - Bit of a "back in my day" type but he pulls no punches and gets it spot on most of the time. Not interested in getting back into the game or creating friendships so doesn't give a **** who he pisses off.

Pat Nevin/David Pleat - Don't listen to 5live anymore because the majority of the pundits are wankers but these two were very good.

Growing up at a time when you had to listen to the radio for live football....I enjoyed the commentary from the late Peter Jones and Bryan Butler. On TV I liked Brian Moore who mainly covered most matches in London And Barry Davies From the BBC.

If those nor already mentions I'd also like to add Matt Le Tissier

Peter 'its there' Jones was very good and Barry Davies was always much better than Motson.

Gary Neville.

It was obvious Sky Sports needed him back after week 1 without him. His replacements last year (Henry and a 'guest' every week) were pretty shit in comparison. And Carragher is shit without him.

By contrast, most of BT's pundits are horrifically shit. Hargreaves, Rio Ferdinand, Michael Owen (the latter using the sentence: "When they don't score, they hardly ever win")...they're all terrible human beings.