+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brexit, it's up to the lawyers now.

Re: Brexit, it's up to the lawyers now.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Know nothing about you? Where do you get that impression?

You've got a Boomerang over your doorway on your Facebook photo. I could find out your address, age, workplace etc if I really could be arsed.

You've been on here for years posting regularly about your travels, now I'm not too sure what class you count yourself in, but regular travel is one of the things I would say is a middle to upper class thing.

I don't know many people on the bones of their arse taking little trips to every few months.
    I am well aware of the wonders of Facebook and how much information can be gleaned from the Internet. It's curious that you even bothered looking me up considering that all I said was that people who voted for Brexit don't know what they really voted for. For all I know, I may very well fall into someone's category of middle class (as I don't know how it's defined these days) but taking cheap flights and staying at cheap digs whilst rarely ever spending more that £1K on a car and hardly ever going out on the piss in town is hardly the high life. I would imagine that many tradesmen earn a lot more than me too and most people have paid their mortgage off at an earlier age.
    Your comment about being on people on the bones of their arse doesn't really apply to 52% of the population though, does it?
    Strange argument.
    Last edited by Taunton Blue Genie; 05-10-16 at 21:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I am well aware of the wonders of Facebook and how much information can be gleaned from the Internet. For all I know, I may very well fall into someone's category of middle class (as I don't know how it's defined these days) but taking cheap flights and staying at cheap digs whilst rarely ever spending more that £1K on a car and hardly ever going out on the piss in town is hardly the high life. I would imagine that many tradesmen earn a lot more than me too and most people have paid their mortgage off at an earlier age.
    Your comment about being on people on the bones of their arse doesn't really apply to 52% of the population though, does it?
    52% of the population didn't vote for Brexit. 52% of the vote voted for Brexit.

It was 17,410,742 voters who choice to leave.

You can think that is semantic if you like but it alters the figures of people who voted out dramatically.

If you consider that 19million people in the UK are counted as being in Poverty, then the figures add up a bit closer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32812601

52% of the population didn't vote for Brexit. 52% of the vote voted for Brexit.

It was 17,410,742 voters who choice to leave.

You can think that is semantic if you like but it alters the figures of people who voted out dramatically.

If you consider that 19million people in the UK are counted as being in Poverty, then the figures add up a bit closer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32812601
    My original comment was simply that people did not know what they voted for - as no-one really knows the ramifications of Brexit.
    For some strange reason you made personal remarks and thought it was a good idea to find out more about me on Facebook.
    You have a strange way of debating matters.

My original comment was simply that people did not know what they voted for - as no-one really knows the ramifications of Brexit.
    For some strange reason you made personal remarks and thought it was a good idea to find out more about me on Facebook.
    You have a strange way of debating matters.
    Again that's not quite true.

I firstly replied about why people might've voted the way they had.

Then you said

...And you consider me to be middle class without knowing anything about me.
    I simply proved that wasn't true. Without passing all your personal details over here, I pointed out a minor thing that would prove to you that I might know more about you than you realise.

I'm not sure why you've take being called "middle class" as a bad thing, if anything it's a good thing. I'd consider myself the same.

As for a strange way of debating matters, how else could I prove you wrong without giving you evidence?

Maybe you shouldn't give so much information away for future if it offends you so much.

Again that's not quite true.

I firstly replied about why people might've voted the way they had.

Then you said

I simply proved that wasn't true. Without passing all your personal details over here, I pointed out a minor thing that would prove to you that I might know more about you than you realise.

I'm not sure why you've take being called "middle class" as a bad thing, if anything it's a good thing. I'd consider myself the same.

As for a strange way of debating matters, how else could I prove you wrong without giving you evidence?

Maybe you shouldn't give so much information away for future if it offends you so much.
    Where did I say that being middle class was a bad thing? And where did I say that I was offended?
    I give up

Where did I say that being middle class was a bad thing? And where did I say that I was offended?
    I give up
    What was the personal remark then?