+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fine Margins?

Fine Margins?

Trollope said tonight that he believes that he and the players believe that things can be turned around. It's all, he said, about "fine margins".

I watched the highlights of Rotherham against Newcastle. Rotherham had pace and aggression and effort. The short highlights showed more from them than Cardiff City have shown all season.

We have one player who actually can go past an opposition player in possession of the ball - centre half Matt Connolly.

We have one player who believes he can go past an opposition player, Craig Noone. Unfortunately his belief is wrong.

OK our once reserve Kadeem Harris can go past the opposition because he has a bit of pace, but the fact that it is a popular opinion that he is a positive says it all. Anyway, he is never started by Trollope.

We have the most tedious, slow, uncreative and useless midfield in the League, yet Emyr Huws, whom Trollope bought, cannot get a game.

We are the worst team in this league by quite a bit at the moment. Like some others, I don't think we have, potentially, the worst squad. But at the moment it is undoubtedly the worst squad because it has no guts, no energy, and no attacking direction or motivation whatsoever. It is a disgrace to our club. Of course it shouldn't need motivating, but the facts of life in football are that the manager DOES motivate the squad or he is a failure.

Trollope is clearly a failure. If we had been trying to attack and had been beaten for that reason, I think he might be forgiven. But just allowing things to go on in the same hopeless, lifeless, sluggish, tedious way and hoping that "fine margins" might get us a goal is deluded.

Trollope is deluded.

Maybe we all are. But maybe we are entitled to better from Cardiff City.

Re: Fine Margins?

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    Trollope said tonight that he believes that he and the players believe that things can be turned around. It's all, he said, about "fine margins".

I watched the highlights of Rotherham against Newcastle. Rotherham had pace and aggression and effort. The short highlights showed more from them than Cardiff City have shown all season.

We have one player who actually can go past an opposition player in possession of the ball - centre half Matt Connolly.

We have one player who believes he can go past an opposition player, Craig Noone. Unfortunately his belief is wrong.

OK our once reserve Kadeem Harris can go past the opposition because he has a bit of pace, but the fact that it is a popular opinion that he is a positive says it all. Anyway, he is never started by Trollope.

We have the most tedious, slow, uncreative and useless midfield in the League, yet Emyr Huws, whom Trollope bought, cannot get a game.

We are the worst team in this league by quite a bit at the moment. Like some others, I don't think we have, potentially, the worst squad. But at the moment it is undoubtedly the worst squad because it has no guts, no energy, and no attacking direction or motivation whatsoever. It is a disgrace to our club. Of course it shouldn't need motivating, but the facts of life in football are that the manager DOES motivate the squad or he is a failure.

Trollope is clearly a failure. If we had been trying to attack and had been beaten for that reason, I think he might be forgiven. But just allowing things to go on in the same hopeless, lifeless, sluggish, tedious way and hoping that "fine margins" might get us a goal is deluded.

Trollope is deluded.

Maybe we all are. But maybe we are entitled to better from Cardiff City.

Good post Rich .

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Good post Rich .
    There were very fine margins between winning and losing on Saturday until Ralls was taken off for Harris (which was a positive substitutution ) Immers ( who has completely lost his mojo )left the field at the same time for the useless Zohore and all hope went . Just to rub it in Lambert failed to beat a man, lost the ball, threw his hands in the air , imagined he had been struck down with a rare injury, asked to be taken off and was replaced by the totally inept Freddy. The margins then got huge .

Spot on.

What surprised me yesterday was the number of players who gave up once they'd lost the ball, Lambert, Noone & Whittingham on numerous occasions.