+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pentagon Paid $540mn to PR firm Bell Pottinger to Produce Fake Terrorist Videos

Pentagon Paid $540mn to PR firm Bell Pottinger to Produce Fake Terrorist Videos

Re: Pentagon Paid $540mn to PR firm Bell Pottinger to Produce Fake Terrorist Videos

Quote Originally Posted by Splott David View Post
    I'm not doubting that a lot of the mainstream media have an agenda but the problem with looking for a different viewpoint is that EVERYONE has a natural bias and therefore an agenda.

A quick look around that website and its clear what their angle is. Therefore it's hardly likely to be impartial is it?

Just because it's on the internet doesn't make it relevant. Fact is you can look on the Internet and find pretty much anything to back up a particular point of view.

Re: Pentagon Paid $540mn to PR firm Bell Pottinger to Produce Fake Terrorist Videos

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    I'm not doubting that a lot of the mainstream media have an agenda but the problem with looking for a different viewpoint is that EVERYONE has a natural bias and therefore an agenda.

A quick look around that website and its clear what their angle is. Therefore it's hardly likely to be impartial is it?

Just because it's on the internet doesn't make it relevant. Fact is you can look on the Internet and find pretty much anything to back up a particular point of view.
    Type nearly any coherent question into google and it has already been asked.

The human brain is claimed to be a masterpiece but it is weak. Dai Splott thinks he is has been given a gift most of the population has not, conscious thought.

He claims to be intelligent but I suppose it is how you rank intelligence. If he could give me the parameters of this ranking that would be grand.

Someone could create software that sieves the web for anti Britain, anti US articles and that would effectively be Splotts brain. Give me a thread title of his about the middle east or the three amigos, russia iran syria and I guarantee I'd be able to give his opinion. Such conscious thought

Fact is we are ants that could die tomorrow. Most simply do not care enough to "rebel".

The BBC, one of the most heavily scrutinised media sources is biased trash. Yet links so website that openly explain their bias are ok

He can claim to care about injustices till the cows come home but the bias makes them meaningless to me.

Conscious thought is being able to weigh both sides equally. At least the ignorant population don't claim to have a voice of any kind let alone a neutral one.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 04-10-16 at 10:04.

You need two opposing views to develop your own personal view, and the further apart those two opposing views are, the better it will be for you to build your own balanced picture of events. For example, the opposing views presented by a news organisations such as the BBC are very narrow, and they will even suffer from omissions, as will the alternative opposing view.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You need two opposing views to develop your own personal view, and the further apart those two opposing views are, the better it will be for you to build your own balanced picture of events. For example, the opposing views presented by a news organisations such as the BBC are very narrow, and they will even suffer from omissions, as will the alternative opposing view.
    The BBC mainly doesn't claim to have an opinion on events. It reports.

And in the syrian conflict they do report on all sides. Rebel commanders, hospitals saying russia just killed a load of injured people.........then the inevitable russian crony saying nothing/saying they didn't do it.

BBC world service is the biggest broadcaster in the world for a reason.

And BBC Persia is so popular because Iranians do not like the biased religious trash their government forces upon them at every corner. And the mullahs try to block bbc persia, what does that tell you. And we in the UK, allow russia propaganda to be broadcast. Because we are allow an ounce of personal freedom, of speech, that sharia etc does not.

Most MSM do not care about agendas etc. It isn't all a grand scheme. They want hits, clicks and subscriptions.

The Daily Mail has an agenda. An agenda to create as many click bait, polarising articles as possible to increase revenue.

Money is what is important to most publications. Not brainwashing the UK
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 04-10-16 at 10:24.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    The BBC mainly doesn't claim to have an opinion on events. It reports.

And in the syrian conflict they do report on all sides. Rebel commanders, hospitals saying russia just killed a load of injured people.........then the inevitable russian crony saying nothing/saying they didn't do it.

BBC world service is the biggest broadcaster in the world for a reason.

And BBC Persia is so popular because Iranians do not like the biased religious trash their government forces upon them at every corner. And the mullahs try to block bbc persia, what does that tell you. And we in the UK, allow russia propaganda to be broadcast. Because we are allow an ounce of personal freedom, of speech, that sharia does not.
    I think selectively report is the term you are looking for, and they have even been known to make things up on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Type nearly any coherent question into google and it has already been asked.

The human brain is claimed to be a masterpiece but it is weak. Dai Splott thinks he is has been given a gift most of the population has not, conscious thought.

He claims to be intelligent but I suppose it is how you rank intelligence. If he could give me the parameters of this ranking that would be grand.

Someone could create software that sieves the web for anti Britain, anti US articles and that would effectively be Splotts brain. Give me a thread title of his about the middle east or the three amigos, russia iran syria and I guarantee I'd be able to give his opinion. Such conscious thought

Fact is we are ants that could die tomorrow. Most simply do not care enough to "rebel".

The BBC, one of the most heavily scrutinised media sources is biased trash. Yet links so website that openly explain their bias are ok

He can claim to care about injustices till the cows come home but the bias makes them meaningless to me.

Conscious thought is being able to weigh both sides equally. At least the ignorant population don't claim to have a voice of any kind let alone a neutral one.
    Spot on. I did just that the other day when watching the news about the Smiler roller coaster accident. I wondered if any loons had claimed it was false, and low and behold there was a huge page dedicated to it and about how the girls hadn't really had their legs amputated.

The replies to the article were from another load of "critical thinkers" but should be renamed comedy thinkers.

As you've mentioned Splottys opinion could be told straight away before he's even announced it, that's hardly research and evidence, that's a stubborn old fool banging the same drum constantly.

Much the same as Gluey can always be relied on to predict gloom and doom at any given opportunity.

Just constantly reading anti-west nonsense doesn't really give you a balanced opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Much the same as Gluey can always be relied on to predict gloom and doom at any given opportunity
    I believe Gluey gets his economic information from the Financial Times, so I'm not sure what point you are trying to make

I believe Gluey gets his economic information from the Financial Times, so I'm not sure what point you are trying to make
    He must be doing it wrong then because you're supposed to get two opposing views to form an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    He must be doing it wrong then because you're supposed to get two opposing views to form an opinion.
    I do believe economic data is factual information

You didn't even know who he was a few weeks ago so no wonder you are easily mistaken. He doesn't get factual info mate, he links to lunatics on Russian propaganda websites. We all used to laugh at him as you used to fall for it hook line and sinker. Luckily we were always here to set him straight.

I miss him, he's probably off around the world saving orphans or something but I'm sure he'll be back soon.

The data produced by the OBS and other government agencies is factual (and official) but the criteria is iffy for how they arrive at the figures. A good example is the unemployment number which is at 1.7 million of the working age population. It doesn't include those unemployed who are in ill-health or have kids under five, etc.

You didn't even know who he was a few weeks ago so no wonder you are easily mistaken. He doesn't get factual info mate, he links to lunatics on Russian propaganda websites. We all used to laugh at him as you used to fall for it hook line and sinker. Luckily we were always here to set him straight.

I miss him, he's probably off around the world saving orphans or something but I'm sure he'll be back soon.
    I've read up on him since you are always talking about him

I've always said, if asked, that there is no such thing as impartiality when it comes to any media news, for that matter when it comes to any recounting of history. There are no impartial historians. However you have to glean information from a variety of sources in order to be able to get a proper view of a situation or event. The internet is a power for good as well as the absurd, you just have to be as selective as possible and bear in mind that the responsibility for critical analysis always lies with the reader and not with the source.

Spot on. I did just that the other day when watching the news about the Smiler roller coaster accident. I wondered if any loons had claimed it was false, and low and behold there was a huge page dedicated to it and about how the girls hadn't really had their legs amputated.

The replies to the article were from another load of "critical thinkers" but should be renamed comedy thinkers.

As you've mentioned Splottys opinion could be told straight away before he's even announced it, that's hardly research and evidence, that's a stubborn old fool banging the same drum constantly.

Much the same as Gluey can always be relied on to predict gloom and doom at any given opportunity.

Just constantly reading anti-west nonsense doesn't really give you a balanced opinion.
    Give me reasons why I should uncritically swallow the West's propaganda about events or situations? Jo Cox's passionate support for the White Helmets who are involved in fabricating videos and assisting Jihadi groups with executions in Syria? The four years of lies about Turkey's, Israel, Britain's and America's involvement in trying to bring about regime change in Syria, so that they can have a fragmented state 'ruled' by a puppet government like Iraq or Libya.

Give me reasons why I should uncritically swallow the West's propaganda about events or situations? Jo Cox's passionate support for the White Helmets who are involved in fabricating videos and assisting Jihadi groups with executions in Syria? The four years of lies about Turkey's, Israel, Britain's and America's involvement in trying to bring about regime change in Syria, so that they can have a fragmented state 'ruled' by a puppet government like Iraq or Libya.

The point is you uncritically support the anti west propaganda. Now I'm sure the Yanks, Brits and Israelis are up to some shady things throughout the world, but for you they are the ones up to everything. Despite it being impossible it just shows you are a biased person. Not critically minded or anything, you've got a dog in the fight and will continue to support it. That's fine, but let's not dress yourself up ass some sort of critically minded investigator.

Your MO is, if the website attacks the West, you'll believe it. You don't care whether the info is correct or not, if you are pulled up on it you refuse to answer the questions. How many times on here have people had to ask you to just answer the question they've asked?

The point is you uncritically support the anti west propaganda. Now I'm sure the Yanks, Brits and Israelis are up to some shady things throughout the world, but for you they are the ones up to everything. Despite it being impossible it just shows you are a biased person. Not critically minded or anything, you've got a dog in the fight and will continue to support it. That's fine, but let's not dress yourself up ass some sort of critically minded investigator.

Your MO is, if the website attacks the West, you'll believe it. You don't care whether the info is correct or not, if you are pulled up on it you refuse to answer the questions. How many times on here have people had to ask you to just answer the question they've asked?
    Always fun watching him dig himself into a hole.

Why did you have to link to some crackpot site? This is a genuine story being covered by legitimate sources:

http://www.salon.com/2016/10/03/u-s-...ganda-program/
    http://labs.thebureauinvestigates.co...d-false-flags/
    http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/so...iraq-h5m5sscr9

Banned

What am I meant to be outraged over?

Nonsense, I respond to all questions. If the person is abusive then naturally I just ignore them. What you seem to have difficulty in getting your head around is that the West is not some beacon of freedom, democracy and justice with universal values that can be admired by others. Other countries see the hypocrisy, notice the hidden agendas, watch the imperial approaches to regime change in countries that it doesn't like, or countries that won't play the part of being a client state.

Nonsense, I respond to all questions. If the person is abusive then naturally I just ignore them. What you seem to have difficulty in getting your head around is that the West is not some beacon of freedom, democracy and justice with universal values that can be admired by others. Other countries see the hypocrisy, notice the hidden agendas, watch the imperial approaches to regime change in countries that it doesn't like, or countries that won't play the part of being a client state.
    You ignore people who ask questions all the time. You might reply to them, but you certainly don't answer the questions asked.

You ignore people who ask questions all the time. You might reply to them, but you certainly don't answer the questions asked.
    Where's your evidence young man, or is this just another one of your general smears and unfounded allegations?

David Vincent trying to get you to answer a question

Isn't more logical to see the current situation in Israel as an example of what happens when settlers eventually outnumber the indigenous population and make them second class citizens? We have seen this happen so many times in history and I can't think of any exceptions. That is the question I have been trying to get you to answer.
    Lardy trying to get you to answer a question

Instead of using the forum as a soapbox, why don't you answer the simple question that I've asked twice?
    Lardy clearly pointing out your don't answer questions, he's obviously noticed it as well as me.

I'll give you the courtesy you rarely give others and answer your question.
    Packerman trying to get you to answer a question asked numerous times

answer the ****ing question you cockwomble
    Packerman clearly still not getting any luck

refusing to answer a simple question, tacit admission imho
    LordKenwyne not getting any answers out of you

You can't answer can you

If you could, you would.
    Goslow not able to get an answer out of you

Nice attempt at deflection but,and I know this would break the habit of a lifetime but can you please answer the question?
    LordKenwyne struggling once again to get an answer out of you

Please answer me that one question.
    Barry Dragon obviously see's asking you is a waste of time.

Dont ask him questions like that
    Cardiffi giving up as you flip flop through a thread

Dont ask him questions like that
    I expect I could go on but as I said the other week I think you have mental issues and I feel kind of bad doing it.

I'm sure you'll tell me all those posters are wrong, but there is one common denominator here.

but there is one common denominator here.
    You're common and I'm the dominator

a damning dossier.