+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giggs anyone?

Giggs anyone?

Assuming that he could be lured on a temporary basis to get the best out of our current squad would you go for him?

Re: Giggs anyone?

Nay nay and thrice nay

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Assuming that he could be lured on a temporary basis to get the best out of our current squad would you go for him?
    Nope - anyone who saw the crowd reaction to his appearance as a sub for Man United three years ago must know that should be a complete non starter, so, with the way the club has been run lately, we can expect Giggs to be in place by Friday .

Absolutely utterly no

A few weeks ago I would have said no way but right now I would take virtually anybody on a temporary basis.
    We need results and quick!

Unproven .

Bruce is the boy , one of the phew Utd team successes,decent bloke as well I understand .

The longer it continues the more chance it will be an Warnock moment , love or hate him he does get results

A Welsh and Manure connection...VT would love it

No thank you. Bellamy would stand more of a chance but that would be a massive gamble & we are not exactly in a great position to roll the dice.

We need a very quick upturn in fortunes so someone like Warnock as a short term solution for this season only would be a good choice in my mind.

While accepting it'd be a risk, I'd take Giggs.

Has managed the biggest club in the world with some success, has played at the very top, surely would command some respect.

Would bring in some great coaches and fitness people - an area I believe we're struggling big time.

Chance of some Man Utd loanees.

He's from Cardiff.

Nice beard.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post

Has managed the biggest club in the world with some success, has played at the very top, surely would command some respect.

Would bring in some great coaches and fitness people - an area I believe we're struggling big time.

He's from Cardiff.

Nice beard.
    The same could mostly be said of OGS and that was a complete disaster. The only type of person to save us from decline is a manager with a proven track record and the realistic front runner must be Warnock.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    The same could mostly be said of OGS and that was a complete disaster. The only type of person to save us from decline is a manager with a proven track record and the realistic front runner must be Warnock.
    I'd rather Warnock than Giggs.

But the only similarity between OGS and Giggs is that they both played at Utd.

I'd rather Warnock than Giggs.

But the only similarity between OGS and Giggs is that they both played at Utd.
    You omitted these two similarities:

Also OGS had mangerial experience unlike Giggs who had a handful of games at the end of a season. The similarities are greater than you think.

He's from Cardiff.

Nice beard.
    not sure about the beard, to be honest i like my faces without hair, but hey ho

the rest is about right though

yes i can see people saying " but we tried that with OLE "

I can't see any ex Man U players coming here while Tan's in charge after what happened with Ole.

We need Colin or Bruce but would either come here is the problem

He's from Cardiff.

Nice beard.
    Begs the question, Why hasn't he been given the job on a permanent basis?

In this situation I'd have Warnock any day he's an irritating knob when he's not your manager, he'd be different if he was ours. He'd keep us up for sure

NO! He would be Ole part II, but without the money to spend!

I honestly don't think our beloved Emperor will end up sacking Trollope. I don't think he gives a flying one about where we end up this season

But based on what - hope and taking a risk?
    If we are to have a change, we need better than hope and taking a risk at this time.

No for me re Giggs we need a manager who knows this league.Ray Wilkins on talk sport said Swansea fans would be hanging off the rafters to get Giggs shows how little he knows on how welsh fans think of a man who never turned up for Wales when we really needed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    You omitted these two similarities:

Also OGS had mangerial experience unlike Giggs who had a handful of games at the end of a season. The similarities are greater than you think.
    I would say Giggs maybe more respected, he could bring a Fergie approach, he has real fitness experiences to share ,which enabled him to prolong his outfield career ,surpassing most players .

The down side :
    The Championship is unforgiving ,very unlike the Premiership
    Players he may bring would be at a hefty wage scale
    Why was he overlooked at Utd ??
    Why has anyone expressed an interest ie Villa , Swansea or Hull
    He comes across as not the brightest, might be okay in the dressing room, he''s no Neville, when interviewed, if you know what I mean.
    His Cardiff connection is well over blown , he was in Salford with his mum as a very young boy and that's where is heart and soul is.

In conclusion I think he would be a risk and the Welsh job is his best punt.

Let go and get Coleman ?

Let go and get Coleman ?[/QUOTE]

Uh No!!

(Unless hes bringing Ramsey, Bale, Williams and Allen with him)

He's somehow fits into his current job through a series of coincidences that fortunately for us have brought the best out of Wales and long may it continue. Away from the Wales job I extremely doubt his managerial skills as he appears to me to be a bit twp - sorry I know its not fashionable but thats how he appears to me

Not knocking in any shape or form what he's achieved through Wales mind

As long as I'm given a weeks notice to move my wife and daughter out of Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    NO! He would be Ole part II, but without the money to spend!

I honestly don't think our beloved Emperor will end up sacking Trollope. I don't think he gives a flying one about where we end up this season
    Don't buy a lottery ticket this week!

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
    No for me re Giggs we need a manager who knows this league.Ray Wilkins on talk sport said Swansea fans would be hanging off the rafters to get Giggs shows how little he knows on how welsh fans think of a man who never turned up for Wales when we really needed him.
    Looks like they're hanging from the rafters after they got Bob!