+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What a relief...

What a relief...

to feel some excitement about the City!

Whatever anyone may say about the qualities or otherwise of Slade and Trollope, the fact is that the advent of Warnock has made me, at least, realise just how much the last 2 years supporting the City has been an unrewarding effort. No personalities, no leaders on or off the pitch, no respect for where our club should be, no obvious ambition to take us upwards, no attempt to make us play attacking football, just sheer tedium, week in week out.

Warnock, whatever happens, is a breath of fresh air for us. He is a football man through and through, though my Leeds supporting brother-in-law said I might strain my neck watching his football. Leeds fans of course know very little. My response was that as long as the ball was over the opposition's penalty area and coming down, I didn't care.

Whatever happens there is now some passion at the top of the club. I really welcome that.

Re: What a relief...

I'm very happy to have Warnock here. Can't wait for Friday now. I was dreading it.

In fact it's a massive week, Wurzels on Friday, Sheffield Weds on Wednesday and Forest away on TV the following Saturday.

I echo everything you have said Rich the last 2 years have been really difficult but Warnock becoming the manager has been a right shot in the arm for me.
    Hope he turns us around.

I hope this works out. (duh, obviously) Not only in terms of results, though we need those, and soon.

Having a 'proper' , passionate Manager - who we can believe has a soft spot for City and it's fans - and leaving this trench that we need to pull our way up and out of, could just lead to the once famous Cardiff passion and spirit returning. And numbers.

There is a lot at stake here perhaps. More than 'just' results maybe.
    C'mon Warnock, c'mon City

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I'm very happy to have Warnock here. Can't wait for Friday now. I was dreading it.

In fact it's a massive week, Wurzels on Friday, Sheffield Weds on Wednesday and Forest away on TV the following Saturday.

The simple reality of the events of this last week is this: a game in which I was expecting a hammering is now competitive. Tan's two biggest climbdowns, the reversal of the rebrand and actually appointing a single-minded proper manager, have both been driven by financial considerations. But the bottom line is that now we have a passionate manager with vision. As the Good Book says on this issue City have been perishing. Now, however miraculously, we can look forward with a degree of optimism and not foreboding.

StT.
    Last edited by Steve the Tea; 08-10-16 at 21:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

I was even thinking about giving it a miss tbh, but like you, I'm now really looking forward to it. I just hope we haven't raised our expectations too much.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I was even thinking about giving it a miss tbh, but like you, I'm now really looking forward to it. I just hope we haven't raised our expectations too much.
    This is the one problem, "OUR NEIL", can shout and scream all he wants from the touchline, but once those players enter the field of play, it's all on their shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    This is the one problem, "OUR NEIL", can shout and scream all he wants from the touchline, but once those players enter the field of play, it's all on their shoulders.
    To be able to watch his antics on the touch line is worth the entrance fee alone I wish I was over the grandstand side

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    He'll have an effect. Whether it makes a big enough difference by Friday , who knows.

Sigh ..You know this! I don't know why I bothered typing it.. !