+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Thanks for that mention of the 2 o clock kick off because I would have turned up at 1 o clock, which was the kick off time advertised by the club website in the days leading up to the game - annoying from a personal point of view because a four o clock finish will add another half an hour or so to my journey home, but, as it's likely to be the last Under 23 match I watch this season, I should make the effort to go.
    Love to be there TOBW but I am slumming it in the Cotswolds for my wife's birthday. Hope the weather is as nice for the game as it is here.

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    Love to be there TOBW but I am slumming it in the Cotswolds for my wife's birthday. Hope the weather is as nice for the game as it is here.
    You didn't miss anything Clive. Crewe scored three times in the first ten minutes and a City side that had Lawrence Wootton sent off couldn't respond except for a O'Keefe penalty - there was a definite end of season feeling as both sides struggled through a non event of a second half.

Apart from Connolly (who went off injured in the first half) and O'Keefe it was a very young City side and I'm afraid that none of the Academy players on show really responded to the opportunity they were given to play at a higher level.