Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Good write-up, I'm sure you were glad of the chance to dust off some positive adjectives for the first time this season. Some seriously promising signs today. I hope McCarthy was there to see it, a few lads did themselves no harm at all. It was a good point you made about Bowen, my boy's mate follows Barry and he's been impressed by his physical strength there this season. Colwill is indeed a monster now, as Jon 1959 says. So different to the player we were watching a couple of years ago, maybe the Jason Fowler comparison stung him into action.

The switch to 5 at the back was quite funny. I'm not sure if Morison was making fun of the first team a bit but it was an effortless change and we created more good chances in half an hour with it than the first team would in a month. Maybe McWilliams forgot which way we were kicking but he seemed to spend more time in their box than in our half. Of course its unfair to compare that level to the Championship but I'm always amazed at how flexible the youngsters are. Both Sang and Waite were excellent at full back, Owen Pritchard's late switch from full back to centre half didn't faze him either, having been good in centre mid against Swansea the other week.

A very good performance all round and nice to see an under-23 set up that makes sense for once, as you said.