+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Very tough Youth Cup draw for City.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...city-vs-fulham

The first and second year scholars friendly against Chelsea yesterday ended in a 3-1 defeat but it was great experience for the youngsters
    Today’s game for Wales u17’s v Belgium ended in a 1-0 win for the young Dragons with an assist for our very own JT
    If they win their last game against Gibraltar they will top the group ⚽️🤩👍

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    The first and second year scholars friendly against Chelsea yesterday ended in a 3-1 defeat but it was great experience for the youngsters
    Today’s game for Wales u17’s v Belgium ended in a 1-0 win for the young Dragons with an assist for our very own JT
    If they win their last game against Gibraltar they will top the group ⚽️����
    Don’t recognise any of these names, I take it JT is Jac Thomas? How many City players are in the squad? That’s a very good result against Belgium.

Some details of the Wales under 17 match can be found here.

https://www.google.com/search?q=wale...5cp;dt;fp;1;;;

There’s only two Cardiff City scholars in the squad JT (Jac Thomas) and Ronan
    That’s why the behind closed doors game on Wednesday was such a boost for the lads overlooked by Wales
    Cardiff dominated and won 3-1 🫢👍

Wales under 21s play their second game of this international break against group number one seeds Denmark at Rodney Parade this evening, kick off 6 pm - the game will be streamed on Sgorio’s You Tubechannel.

Well, this looks ominous, Wales cut apart in four minutes as Denmark take the lead. Eli King starting, Colwill on the bench and Tom Davies drops out because Owen Beck (who was caught out of position for the goal) comes in.

losing 1-0 half time

1-0 to Denmark at half time, they’re a big side and we’re struggling to match them physically, but we’ve had our moments and are well in the game when I thought we were going to be blown away after the early goal went in.Can’t say I’ve been over impressed by Luke Harris in the matches I’d seen him play up to now, but he’s doing well tonight. Eli King is doing a solid job in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Well, this looks ominous, Wales cut apart in four minutes as Denmark take the lead. Eli King starting, Colwill on the bench and Tom Davies drops out because Owen Beck (who was caught out of position for the goal) comes in.
    And Colwill's replacement Cotterill gave the ball away cheaply for the goal as well!

I really like the look of Joe Low.
    He seems so composed.

Finished 2-1 to Denmark. A goal right at the death sealed their win, but Cian Ashford, on as a late sub, scored with the last kick 9f the game after the keeper made a great save to keep out Colwill’s free kick.

Finished 2-1 to Denmark. A goal right at the death sealed their win, but Cian Ashford, on as a late sub, scored with the last kick 9f the game after the keeper made a great save to keep out Colwill’s free kick.
    Denmark are a good team but Wales weren't blown away the way I thought might've been early on. I think this is as promising an under 21 side as we've had for a while and a few of these will go on to play for the seniors (well 3 already have by my count)

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I really like the look of Joe Low.
    He seems so composed.
    Must have his mothers Genes.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Denmark are a good team but Wales weren't blown away the way I thought might've been early on. I think this is as promising an under 21 side as we've had for a while and a few of these will go on to play for the seniors (well 3 already have by my count)
    Thought Wales played better tonight than they did in beating Iceland on Thursday. It looks a better than usual squad, but, like plenty of other current Welsh squads, it lacks a natural goalscorer. I think I’m right in saying that we’ve scored eight times in five matches with four of them coming from City number ten types and I believe Low has two of the others.

Just checked, Low only has one of the eight goals, the three in Lithuania were scored by Luke Harris, Fin Stevens and Cotterill, so none of the goals have come from a striker.

Robbie Savage was sat in front of us and was a fair sport for folk wanting their pictures taken with him.

Thought Wales played better tonight than they did in beating Iceland on Thursday. It looks a better than usual squad, but, like plenty of other current Welsh squads, it lacks a natural goalscorer. I think I’m right in saying that we’ve scored eight times in five matches with four of them coming from City number ten types and I believe Low has two of the others.

Just checked, Low only has one of the eight goals, the three in Lithuania were scored by Luke Harris, Fin Stevens and Cotterill, so none of the goals have come from a striker.
    I don't think much of Josh Thomas who's played up front for most of the campaign. Joe Taylor who started last night has 7 goals and 2 assists this season for Colchester and has Championship and League 1 experience (believe he had a goal disallowed for Luton in the playoff final?). Then there's Popov who is a bit more imposing but only 19, think there was some fear he'd switch to Bulgaria

4-0 win over Gibraltar for Wales u17s to qualify for the Elite Round of Euros qualification as group winners

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    4-0 win over Gibraltar for Wales u17s to qualify for the Elite Round of Euros qualification as group winners
    That’s the same score that Belgium beat Gilraltar? So, the whole group boiled down to that 91st minute goal we got against the Belgians didn’t it.

5-5! U21s v Charlton.
    Kavanagh, Joel Colwill (2), Antwi & an OG. Ashford sent off near the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    5-5! U21s v Charlton.
    Kavanagh, Joel Colwill (2), Antwi & an OG. Ashford sent off near the end.
    Highlights of this game now on the club website - disappointing that we twice had two goal leads and got hauled back. Ashford got a str4aight red card, so a three game ban for him if there's no appeal procedure - not sure any appeal would succeed anyway.

on the off chance that anyone on here was going to attend today's under 18s game with QPR at Leckwith, don't bother - it's been postponed.

City's under 21s face "crisis club" Swansea at Leckwith today, kick off 2 o clock with the usual free entry and streamed coverage.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...ansea-city-pdl

City 1-0 up through a good goal by James Crole.

Great twenty five yard free kick by Antwimakes it 2-0 after a lot of Swansea possession.