Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Why were those last five players you name missing though? I suppose they could all have been injured, but Cameron Coxe, who I don't think has played a game for about six weeks, was watching and was not giving the impression he was carrying an injury as he wandered about with a few other young players.

I said in my piece that I regard using our younger players as preferable to what we saw for all of last season and most of this one, but there were too many who have not established themselves fully in the Under 18 side yet involved yesterday (e.g. Kieron Evans, Ryan Kavanagh, Rubin Colwill, Siyabonga Ligendza, Owen Pritchard and Eli King) and poor Isaak Davies was wearing a cast on his wrist and spent much of the forty five minutes he played looking like someone who was carrying about three injuries!

By all means, pick some of these lads, but putting them all in together against opponents that, by the look of them, had an average age pretty close to 23 and expecting them to prosper is a bit stupid if you ask me. As I say, I don't think anyone of the fourteen players involved for City could have gained anything worthwhile out of the experience.
I get what you're saying but I'm not sure who else you think could've played. Bolger is with the Ireland u19s, Coxe withdrew from the Wales u21 training camp so I assume he's injured, Humphries & Martin were both subbed early in their last appearances and haven't been seen since and I cant think of a reason Williams wouldn't have played yesterday so I assume they're all injured too. Of the regular Academy boys, Spence & Reynolds are injured, Patten, Bowen and Griffiths are on international duty and Connor Davies has only just come back from injury. I was surprised we didn't give some fringe first team teamers some pitch time yesterday but, as we didn't, we weren't exactly spoilt for choice as to who we could pick.