+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 58 of 164 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768108158 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 4078

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    2-1 now.
    2-1 win.

So, it was a win to either side in the league at Under 18 and 23 level - with the best will in the world, I cannot see it being the same at senior level.

The Under 23s break their sequence of home matches this lunchtime when they take on the wurzels who are well clear at the top of the table. Below them, it's very competitive and, having had big wins over the teams in second and third places in recent weeks, City have, amazingly, gone from almost certs to finish bottom to dark horses to take second and a place in the end of season play offs;-

http://youthhawk.co.uk/w/index.php/2...pment_League_2

At the moment, there's nothing to say that the wurzels will be streaming the game live, but I'll check if that has changed later in the morning and put something on here if it has.

Tomlin and, it would appear, the trialist number five from last week start for the Under 23s at Bristol City this lunchtime as Colwill and Davies return to the team. No James Waite though, but Dan Martin features for the first time in a while with a place on the bench.

https://twitter.com/CF11Academy/stat...525056/photo/1

Tomlin and, it would appear, the trialist number five from last week start for the Under 23s at Bristol City this lunchtime as Colwill and Davies return to the team. No James Waite though, but Dan Martin features for the first time in a while with a place on the bench.

https://twitter.com/CF11Academy/stat...525056/photo/1
    It says the trialist is a change so could be a different one but that's all a bit cloak and dagger. They must've tightened the rules on that, you used to have player profiles of the trialists on here before kick off. Probably your fault that's changed come to think of it.

Would've been an interesting game to watch, Tomlin and Colwill behind Davies with McWilliams and Evans at wing back and Martin to come on second half. They're not going to die wondering. It'll be a 0-0 now I've said that.

Newcastle Utd, West Brom and Sheffield Utd among top clubs monitoring exciting Cardiff City prospect

His talents have been recognised after being included in first-team squads this season and it appears he has caught the eye of other clubs around the country

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...field-19895286
    Cameron Coxe aside, when was the last time we had headlines like this about one of our young players?

Thought Brown and Began might have started today. It's good they are in the first team squad but still need to keep match fit even if they dont play whole game.

1-0 Colwill

2-0 Tomlin

2 - 0 Tomlin

(snap! )

3-0 Evans.

wow these are top of the league as well .

Bristol city u23 fact : a regular player at centre back for them (but not featuring today) is Joe Low, son of Josh

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Bristol city u23 fact : a regular player at centre back for them (but not featuring today) is Joe Low, son of Josh
    He was their captain last week.

any more news on the trialist, is it the same guy as last week or another from the trialist family.

any more news on the trialist, is it the same guy as last week or another from the trialist family.
    No, time was you’d soon know the identity of a trialist in these games even if City were trying to keep his identity a secret, but I’m not aware of this guys name being revealed anywhere.

No, time was you’d soon know the identity of a trialist in these games even if City were trying to keep his identity a secret, but I’m not aware of this guys name being revealed anywhere.
    He's a big centre half and 'person of colour'
    Not sure that helps much in identifying him though.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    He's a big centre half and 'person of colour'
    Not sure that helps much in identifying him though.
    yes I saw him in the last game, just wondering if it is the same player today.
    I was very impressed with him last time out.

yes I saw him in the last game, just wondering if it is the same player today.
    I was very impressed with him last time out.
    Whoever, it is, he and Tomlin were subbed around the hour mark, still 3-0.

Zac Bell start for Bristol City U23s, Barney Soady and Harry Leeson subs

http://dragonsoccer.co.uk/newsite/in..._from=&ucat=1&
    Welsh qualified players for the Bristol team. Perhaps the wrong game to ask how they're doing

Finished 3-0, that’s five consecutive wins for the under 23s as well with the last four of them being by at least a three goal margin.

I think I’m right in saying that our first, Development and Academy teams are on a collective run of thirteen straight wins!

Finished 3-0, that’s five consecutive wins for the under 23s as well with the last four of them being by at least a three goal margin.

I think I’m right in saying that our first, Development and Academy teams are on a collective run of thirteen straight wins!
    I suspect it's no coincidence that all age groups are doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    I suspect it's no coincidence that all age groups are doing well.
    There must certainly be a good atmosphere at the club at the moment.

First team, U23s and U18s all on a winning streak.

Youth players getting opportunities and not looking out of place. That in itself must be focussing the minds of the u23 players.

Looking forward to seeing the highlights now.

There must certainly be a good atmosphere at the club at the moment.

First team, U23s and U18s all on a winning streak.

Youth players getting opportunities and not looking out of place. That in itself must be focussing the minds of the u23 players.

Looking forward to seeing the highlights now.
    On that subject, it was good to hear Mick McCarthy say in his pre match media meeting yesterday morning that he was going to watch the Under 23s play a few hours later.

On that subject, it was good to hear Mick McCarthy say in his pre match media meeting yesterday morning that he was going to watch the Under 23s play a few hours later.
    Him and Terry Connor were there. Respect to them for that.

Highlights of the game are here.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/vide...9-448cbd09a9e5