+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 75 of 164 FirstFirst ... 25656667686970717273747576777879808182838485125 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 4078

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    No George Ratcliffe. 1st team debut on Saturday? His distribution seems better than Smithies and Phillips from what I've seen.
    Really interesting point. Can see him on bench Saturday. Perhaps the clear out us starting early.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I wonder if the triallist is the same guy as last time.

Bakare back in defence, who has dropped out?
    Taylor Jones played as one of the centrebacks last week and he's at right wing back today, Semenyo has switched to the left, so it's Tom Davies who is missing.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if last week's trialist is playing again.

Definitely doesn't look like the game is being streamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Really interesting point. Can see him on bench Saturday. Perhaps the clear out us starting early.
    Just what I was going to say about Ratcliffe being on the bench, perhaps Tom Davies is not being risked today because Bagan's injury could keep him out on Saturday? Pack's suspended as well, so I suppose that explains Eli King's absence because he, or Patten, could end up starting on Saturday if Bowen's still out - meanwhile we've got a player out on loan who's playing every week for a team in the top six!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Taylor Jones played as one of the centrebacks last week and he's at right wing back today, Semenyo has switched to the left, so it's Tom Davies who is missing.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if last week's trialist is playing again.

Definitely doesn't look like the game is being streamed.
    Tom Davies played for Wales u18s recently didn't he? maybe he picked up a knock, or maybe he's been called up to the first team squad.

Tom Davies played for Wales u18s recently didn't he? maybe he picked up a knock, or maybe he's been called up to the first team squad.
    He started last week's under 23 game since those appearances for Wales though, so I'd say him being needed by the first team squad is probably the more likely

Just what I was going to say about Ratcliffe being on the bench, perhaps Tom Davies is not being risked today because Bagan's injury could keep him out on Saturday? Pack's suspended as well, so I suppose that explains Eli King's absence because he, or Patten, could end up starting on Saturday if Bowen's still out - meanwhile we've got a player out on loan who's playing every week for a team in the top six!
    Interesting analysis Bob. The decision to send Wintle out gets stranger by the day. Certainly he did nothing in his short time here to suggest anything special, but with a bit of perseverance he would have come good.
    I am expecting to see a number of changes Saturday as Morison will not be afraid to play some younger players, although his hand may be forced due to injury/suspension. Saturday's team will be very interesting. Hopefully though Ralls will be ok after his shoulder injury.

Interesting analysis Bob. The decision to send Wintle out gets stranger by the day. Certainly he did nothing in his short time here to suggest anything special, but with a bit of perseverance he would have come good.
    I am expecting to see a number of changes Saturday as Morison will not be afraid to play some younger players, although his hand may be forced due to injury/suspension. Saturday's team will be very interesting. Hopefully though Ralls will be ok after his shoulder injury.
    Thought Ralls played well against Reading, but then, like many of them, was invisible at Swansea (his injury may have had something to do with that). It was a good game for him to miss on Saturday and I’d have him in the team at Stoke if fit.

City 1-0 up with a Taylor Jones goal.

Ipswich equalise, but Chanka Zimba has just put us back in front.

2-1 win for City, seven out of seven to go alongside eight out of eight for the seniors!

2-1 win for City, seven out of seven to go alongside eight out of eight for the seniors!
    it's a hell of a run, they just keep winning, no matter how many players we pull out of the squad, to join up with the first team, or rotate to the bench.
    even the goalkeeper and manager now

it's a hell of a run, they just keep winning, no matter how many players we pull out of the squad, to join up with the first team, or rotate to the bench.
    even the goalkeeper and manager now
    More good news, the wurzels have been beaten 2-0 by QPR this lunchtime which means we’re three points in front of them with a better goal difference and a game in hand.

More good news, the wurzels have been beaten 2-0 by QPR this lunchtime which means we’re three points in front of them with a better goal difference and a game in hand.
    https://www.flashscore.co.uk/footbal...gue/standings/

U 23 win again

Still top at least something is going right for us .

Re: U 23 win again

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    We'll be league one champions in 2025/26.

The DVP thread is a good read, with plenty of updates.

Im pretty sure we have top place in the "Least first half goals" table too

and we are currently just being held off top spot for goals conceded by those pesky Posh.

2019 Super Eagles invitee Viv Solomon-Otabor remains on the hunt for a new club following his departure from Wigan Athletic in the summer.

Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that the Birmingham City academy product was on the brink of joining Championship outfit Cardiff City this week but the deal has fallen through after the dismissal of Irish football tactician Mick McCarthy on Saturday.

The Bluebirds hierarchy took the decision to relieve McCarthy of his duties following a poor run of results that saw them lose eight consecutive matches and the final straw was the defeat at home to Middlesbrough.

Solomon-Otabor had been on trial at Cardiff City for the past two weeks and was told he was going to be signed on after impressing in training and a test game against Charlton Athletic in the Professional Development league.

McCarthy had opened talks about signing the Nigerian before his dismissal and Cardiff City now claim that they don't have the money to get the deal done.

The winger took only two minutes to open the scoring in the big win vs the Addicks U23s and provided an assist before subbing out at half-time.

And against Ipswich Town U23s on Tuesday, he bagged another assist and came close to scoring but his free-kick hit the woodwork.

Solomon-Otabor was named in Nigeria's matchday squad for a glamour friendly against Brazil in October 2019.

An appointment City have got right I reckon.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...d-head-academy

An appointment City have got right I reckon.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...d-head-academy
    Who was head of academy previous?

Cardiff City Football Club is pleased to announce David Hughes as its new Head of Academy.

David joined the Bluebirds last November as Head of Academy Coaching. In that role, and whilst overseeing duties as Head of Academy, David has managed significant progression in player and staff development across all age levels, whilst notably identifying players capable of stepping up to first-team level over the course of the past 12 months.

Speaking to cardiffcityfc.co.uk, David said: “It is a privilege to have been offered the role of Head of Academy at Cardiff City. The capacity to influence both staff and in particular young people as they look towards their futures is an area I feel very passionately about.

“The most crucial role that we have within the development programme is to teach and encourage learning. These are areas we will continue to promote within the Academy on a daily basis.

“I’d like to thank Tan Sri Vincent and the Board of Directors for placing their trust in me to manage our programme.”

Cardiff City FC Executive Director & CEO, Ken Choo, added: “I welcome the appointment of David as Cardiff City’s Head of Academy.

“David has, and will continue, to play a fundamental role in the Club’s efforts to develop our young players.

“I look forward to working with him and wish him the very best of luck in the role.”

Who was head of academy previous?
    https://trainingground.guru/articles...-investigation

Didn't realise he was the same David Hughes we signed for too much money back in the basement tier, and then he immediately got injured.

Good start for the U18s v Ipswich. 2-0 up after 20. Wigley and Crole with the goals.

3 - 0 now. Rhys Schwank with the 3rd.

Scoring goals for fun this team.