+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 63 of 165 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273113163 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 4110

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Some contract signings. Kieron Evans agreeing a two year deal, Keenan Patten a one year deal & a one year deal for Ibrahim Bakare who I assume is the trialist nobody knew?

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...s-bakare-signs
    interesting career so far that Bakare.
    seems to have gone from something called Mass Elite Academy in London and joined Morecambe as a 16 year old. but he had in his contract that he could go on trial to other clubs and the manager has got tired of him going off on trials every week so he's let him go.

to my very non expert eye, he looked excellent in a back three when on trial with us.

surprised he's only 18 too as he's a big guy. definitely had a bit of a growth spurt since transfermarkt recorded his height as 1.8m.

Some contract signings. Kieron Evans agreeing a two year deal, Keenan Patten a one year deal & a one year deal for Ibrahim Bakare who I assume is the trialist nobody knew?

Good news and it certainly sounds like Bakere was the trialist. It’s a little bit concerning that there’s no news about Sam Bowen signing a new deal though - hopefully, that will be confirmed soon.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Mick McCarthy was saying that Osei-Tutu would need to play a couple of Under 23 games after he returned to training last week, so, with the international break coming, it looks like it’s going to be quite well into April if and when he does come into the first team squad.
    Confirmation it was Arsenal who decided Osei-Tutu shouldn't play yesterday and Curtis Nelson is out of the Swansea match - we're really down to the bare bones at the back.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-osei-20193057

Confirmation it was Arsenal who decided Osei-Tutu shouldn't play yesterday and Curtis Nelson is out of the Swansea match - we're really down to the bare bones at the back.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-osei-20193057
    get bakere on the bench

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    get bakere on the bench
    Think it'll have to be a youngster if we want to have defensive cover because it's hard to see how we can get a centreback out of the senior players we used last night or those who were on the bench.

Good news and it certainly sounds like Bakere was the trialist. It’s a little bit concerning that there’s no news about Sam Bowen signing a new deal though - hopefully, that will be confirmed soon.
    Sadly it don’t look like that will be happening.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Sadly it don’t look like that will be happening.
    Well, City keep on picking him for the under 23s every week and usually players they’ve decided to release drop out of our age group teams around February/March time, so I’m assuming that, if you’re right, we’re in Sion Spence, Harry Pinchard territory again and City are beginning to pay the consequences for not selecting youngsters in their first team for all of those years.
    Bowen would be a sad loss if he leaves = there’s always the chance that he wouldn’t be good enough for the first team, but, if he could make the transition, he would go some way towards improving the quality of the passing of the first team squad. Recently, the first team and the Development side have been playing the same formation, but the difference in the quality of the passing between both teams has been like chalk and cheese with the kids both dominating the.ball and playing attractive, effective football - Bowen is a big reason for that in my book.

Well, City keep on picking him for the under 23s every week and usually players they’ve decided to release drop out of our age group teams around February/March time, so I’m assuming that, if you’re right, we’re in Sion Spence, Harry Pinchard territory again and City are beginning to pay the consequences for not selecting youngsters in their first team for all of those years.
    Bowen would be a sad loss if he leaves = there’s always the chance that he wouldn’t be good enough for the first team, but, if he could make the transition, he would go some way towards improving the quality of the passing of the first team squad. Recently, the first team and the Development side have been playing the same formation, but the difference in the quality of the passing between both teams has been like chalk and cheese with the kids both dominating the.ball and playing attractive, effective football - Bowen is a big reason for that in my book.
    It will be a massive shame. Hes been at the club since hes 7 or 8 and represented Wales at every level up to under 21s.

However, with a couple of young midfielders already been given contract extensions recently - both of whom have been on the bench and one of whom has featured for the first team - all the signs point to him not being in the managers plans as far as first team is concerned, which ultimately at 20 years of age has got to be the aim next season.

Also, im not sure how much importance Mick places on a player of Bowens ability. He seems happy to bypass midfield much like Harris and Warnock.

it does feel as though it is easier for the bigger/stronger/quicker players to make the step up, rather than the more cultured/skillful. but we aren't alone in that respect.

As someone who has watched Patten and Bowen playing together for about four years now, they're a bit like a job lot as far as I'm concerned, they compliment each other really well - I think they both would have played first team football by now in the second tier in a different era.

I don't believe City are prepared to release Bowen because, as I mentioned earlier, he's still being picked for the Under 23s - he played ninety minutes for them on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    It will be a massive shame. Hes been at the club since hes 7 or 8 and represented Wales at every level up to under 21s.

However, with a couple of young midfielders already been given contract extensions recently - both of whom have been on the bench and one of whom has featured for the first team - all the signs point to him not being in the managers plans as far as first team is concerned, which ultimately at 20 years of age has got to be the aim next season.

Also, im not sure how much importance Mick places on a player of Bowens ability. He seems happy to bypass midfield much like Harris and Warnock.
    Warnock chose players to play risk free football and focus on being productive in both boxes but was never overly concerned about what happens between them.

Harris tried to change style then reverted back to a more familiar approach.

MM has spoken about being a pragmatic manager and tactics fitting the players. Several of Warnock's signings are coming into final year of their contract so we're about to learn whether MM has interest in replacing them or is happy to bypass midfield, but I don't think you can draw that conclusion just yet until we've seen who gets an extension and who comes in.

As someone who has watched Patten and Bowen playing together for about four years now, they're a bit like a job lot as far as I'm concerned, they compliment each other really well - I think they both would have played first team football by now in the second tier in a different era.

I don't believe City are prepared to release Bowen because, as I mentioned earlier, he's still being picked for the Under 23s - he played ninety minutes for them on Tuesday.
    I can see the logic regarding why continue to pick a lad youre going to release and I hope youre correct. Ive just heard one or two things which im not going to put on the forum where Sam and the club havent seen eye to eye. Hopefully with Harris gone its a clean slate, hes certainly playing well lately and has definitely done enough to warrant another year as a young professional imo, should it be thats what he wants? Maybe he wants to move on and try his luck elsewhere, maybe drop down a division or two where first team opportunites might be easier to come by. I know Bellamy was big fan, perhaps he could end up gong abroad? Who knows. Since hes come back from Barry there is more intensity in his play, I think some competetive senior football, albeit at WPL level, has helped his development. I think it will be a shame if he goes the same way as his brother who doesnt play at all now.

Sam Bowen along with Rubin Colwill has been picked for Wales U21 against Ireland. Luke Jephcott making an appearance as well.
    https://twitter.com/Cymru/status/137...982624257?s=19

Keiron Evans was wanted by a host of clubs so I'm delighted he signed a new deal with us. Patten is another who has impressed and looks like a great all round midfield player. Bakere has done well in the games i've seen him play - strong, quick, commanding and takes responsibility.

The fact that for the first time in perhaps a decade or so, these youngsters (and their family and agents) can actually see a realistic (and tangible) way into the first team squad, must be a huge plus in getting these youngsters to sign deals with us.

Well done city.

Finally some hope for our youngsters.

A City Academy team featuring a number of fifteen and sixteen year olds have lost 2-1 to Hull at Leckwith this lunchtime - James Carole scored for us.

No Osei-Tutu in the under-23s team at Birmingham tonight. Tomlin, Watters and Harris start. Good to see Reynolds and D'Almeida on the bench after long term injuries. Three more trialists in the starting line-up.

The highlights of the Academy game on Saturday is up, a 2-1 defeat to Hull. James Crole, who seems to be making good progress here, shows Kieffer Moore how to finish once you've gone round the keeper. 16 year old Japhet Mpadi came on at half time, he's the brother of Rabbi Matondo.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/vide...a-cc2bf408ded3

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    No Osei-Tutu in the under-23s team at Birmingham tonight. Tomlin, Watters and Harris start. Good to see Reynolds and D'Almeida on the bench after long term injuries. Three more trialists in the starting line-up.
    The three trialists seem to be defenders James Morris (Southampton) and James Connolly (Blackburn) plus keeper Jacob Russell (Palace). All 19.

1-0 to Birmingham at half time - the games being shown live, if you go to Birmingham City Academy Twitter, there’s a link to the coverage on Facebook there.

Decent finish by Waters for the equaliser

Lost 2-1. Well beaten by Brum.
    Apart from cleverly taken breakaway goal by Watters, nobody stood out. Tomlin and Harris may just as well have gone home at halftime for the impact they had on the game.

No Watters in the under-23 team today, Reynolds and D'Almeida start after long injury lay offs. I presume it'll be shown on the club site, 1.00 kick off.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    No Watters in the under-23 team today, Reynolds and D'Almeida start after long injury lay offs. I presume it'll be shown on the club site, 1.00 kick off.
    no osei tutu again

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    no osei tutu again
    I've no idea what's going on there.

Where are the defenders in that team? D’Almeda, Reynolds and Bodenham if we’re playing three at the back?