+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 65 of 164 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475115 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 4098

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Cian Ashford is a name I've been keeping an eye on ever since I saw him come on and score a match winning goal for the Under 18s three seasons ago, but he has been missing from the team for months and I was beginning to think he'd been released or moved elsewhere. However, the sixteen year old is back for today's match at Crewe - turned out he had an operation following an ankle injury in December.
    he scored for the under 18s at 13?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    he scored for the under 18s at 13?
    Well, he was 13 or 14, good goal as well. He was taken off at half time today, hopefully not with a recurrence of his injury, with City 3-0 down and a last minute James Crole penalty helped us “win” the second half 1-0.

The Under 23s are playing at Leckwith today at 1 o clock against Sheffield United who are top of the Northern Section and I assume it will be streamed on the club website as usual. This really is a must win game if City are to retain their very slims hopes of a Play Off place by finishing second in the league.

There's a confirmation on Twitter that today's match is being streamed on the club website - kick off is at 1 o clock.

Just a few words about how James Waite is getting on at Waterford. They've made a disappointing start to the season with just one win and three losses from their first four games, James has started in every game and, under the Sun's marks out of ten ratings, has had three sevens and an eight so far.

Has anyone else's stream packed up?

Yes

Yes

It was a cracking two minutes I watched mind.

Working for me - they look a strong side we are up against today. Dan Martin has done well though.

Odd we haven't seen that Bakere since he signed - and still no osei-tutu

0-0 at half time.

From what I've seen so far,, we're playing well against a good team - like the look of the trialist in midfield and Taylor Jones is playing well.

0-0 at half time.

From what I've seen so far,, we're playing well against a good team - like the look of the trialist in midfield and Taylor Jones is playing well.
    Yeah, its a good contest, they had a strong spell but we came right back into it and had a spell of good pressure

Two goals in a couple of minutes for Sheffield United - one each from their wing backs.

Sheffield just had a player sent off, still 2-0.

Sheffield just had a player sent off, still 2-0.
    thought they were lucky not to lose one on the first half, looked like an elbow on Evans, but he was only booked

thought they were lucky not to lose one on the first half, looked like an elbow on Evans, but he was only booked
    I thought the same, it was the same player - Isaak Davies had the beating of him in one on ones, but they're a good side defensively and you can see why they're top of the Northern section.

Finished 2-0, no disgrace in City losing to that team - they were the best I've seen at this level in some time.

Finished 2-0, no disgrace in City losing to that team - they were the best I've seen at this level in some time.
    Yes they seemed bigger and stronger than us across the pitch, and quite canny at times as well. We gave a good account of ourselves though, and they'll have learnt more from a game like that than some of the comfortable 4-0 wins they've had recently. their wing backs were both good attacking outlets

Under 18s in action this afternoon at Millwall, currently 0-0.

City won 4-1

A win in midweek in the cursed orange kit and today a 4-2 victory for the U18s over Wigan, who were 11 points clear at the top of the northern section. A smart result.

Was that Colwill's brother on the bench?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Was that Colwill's brother on the bench?
    Yes, involved for the first time with under 18s - Joel’s his name.

Cian Ashford is a name I've been keeping an eye on ever since I saw him come on and score a match winning goal for the Under 18s three seasons ago, but he has been missing from the team for months and I was beginning to think he'd been released or moved elsewhere. However, the sixteen year old is back for today's match at Crewe - turned out he had an operation following an ankle injury in December.
    scored a good goal.today apparently

scored a good goal.today apparently
    He was taken off at half time in his comeback match at Crewe last weekend and when he wasn’t in the squad for the match at Millwall in midweek, I was thinking he’d had a recurrence.

There was a Wales Online article recently saying that Ashford would be featuring for the under 23s next season.