Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
Only followed this on Twitter - but a turnaround like the Women v Swansea the other day.

0 - 1 at HT;

5 - 2 at FT.

Yeah, game of two halves for sure. The wind was howling around down there which made it difficult for the team attacking the, er, Canton End. We struggled to get anything going in the first half and Luke Armstrong kept us in it with some great saves. All change in the second though as we got on top and Jake Davies helped himself to a couple of goals as did Louis Phillips, all four from similar positions as they were found in space after coming in from the wing. Osian Rees scored with a nice free kick

Difficult to judge individuals off one game in tricky conditions but Kpakio looks like a player at right back, even though he wasn't able to get forward much today. Nyakuhwa was a handful up front and Mafico had an eye-catching game in midfield. Jake Davies looked good but could do with growing a bit, as often seems to be the case with our youngsters. No such worries for the centre halves who were both units. Slightly clumsy at times but one of them reminded me of the bully on Corrie which may have clouded my judgement.

Similar kind of system to the first team from what I could make out. Some generous defending from QPR in the second half but we broke quickly and in numbers, a well deserved win in the end.