+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 71 of 164 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081121 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 4098

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    no I meant Tom Davies was it?
    Think he must be injured because he was picked for the Welsh Under 18s in that mini tournament they played during the international break, but didn't feature for them at all.

Finished 2-0 to City to make it four wins from four. A nonchalant penalty in added time by Keiron Evans sealed the win after he'd been fouled by the keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Finished 2-0 to City to make it four wins from four. A nonchalant penalty in added time by Keiron Evans sealed the win after he'd been fouled by the keeper.
    Semenyo MoTM for me, or possibly Patten.

Semenyo was composed at the back and showed some excellent pace and flair going forward.

Sheff United are a decent unit and were no mugs... But I thought city showed a lot of maturity and control, even when out of possession.

Signed in the summer.
    Signed from where?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Signed from where?
    Mangotsfield United. His brother plays for Bristol City

Really good to watch skillful football being played on the deck, best game I've seen this season. Sheff did their part, a good outfit. McGuiness should be playing CB in the first team but who do you drop? Nelson is the only one with real pace, the others seem entrenched. So expect to see him at full-back. If we can keep this squad for another year or two we will have a really good first team provided of course we have a Coach who can play that way instead of old-school football. The game has moved on big time.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Signed from where?
    Some non league side from the West Country - Mangotsfield.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/...menyos-5344097

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Mansfield View Post
    Really good to watch skillful football being played on the deck, best game I've seen this season. Sheff did their part, a good outfit. McGuiness should be playing CB in the first team but who do you drop? Nelson is the only one with real pace, the others seem entrenched. So expect to see him at full-back. If we can keep this squad for another year or two we will have a really good first team provided of course we have a Coach who can play that way instead of old-school football. The game has moved on big time.

Really enjoyable wasn`t it Jeff. The 92 people there (attendance given by the steward on the way out of Gate 2) were entertained by two teams who could actually play with good passing and movement. All of our u23s would put the experienced pros in our first team to shame with the quality of their first touch and accuracy of passing.
    We had wing backs who actually could both defend and attack (and have an end product when they got forward), centre backs who could do all the basics of defending but were actually comfortable with the ball on the floor and could pass to teammates instead of just lumping it forward, midfielders who could pass and move and run past opponents with the ball and forwards who were quick and not afraid to get shots away.

Keith

How did the young sub Cian Ashford look. Walesonline reckon he looks a real prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    How did the young sub Cian Ashford look. Walesonline reckon he looks a real prospect.

He came on as a sub in the second half and nearly scored immediately.. a little like the last game when he scored against the other Sheffield club.

Nice to see the U23s developing and if their transition to the first team is done well (I don't think it is currently) we could have a crop of real gems for years to come.

D'Almeida looks to be growing into a right wing back position although he did move into a more natural centre mid position in the second half He's very solid. Semenyo was in the other wing back position and really caught the eye. Tracks back, reads the game well.... Very quick and skillful and takes players on at ease... He looks more like a natural winger to me than anyone else in the entire squad.

Connolly caught the eye at the back along with McGuiness who certainly must be close to a run in the first team... Rarely played long and his passing accuracy must he excellent. Along with Denham at the back it makes an interesting trio with a little bit of everything... Tackling, pace, passing and some exceptionally well executed professional fouls!

Patten And King did ever so well in the middle when often being outnumbered. The pace and movement in front and to the side of them really helps. Davies also makes himself available and goes looking for the ball. A quieter game for him today though.

Zimba continued his scoring run as did Evans. Both will learn the game and make better decisions... A few times they took the wrong option but they are explosive and work well together.

Ratcliffe, the keeper, also looks very good at this level.

Thanks everyone, you're really cheering me up with today's part of this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    He came on as a sub in the second half and nearly scored immediately.. a little like the last game when he scored against the other Sheffield club.

Nice to see the U23s developing and if their transition to the first team is done well (I don't think it is currently) we could have a crop of real gems for years to come.

D'Almeida looks to be growing into a right wing back position although he did move into a more natural centre mid position in the second half He's very solid. Semenyo was in the other wing back position and really caught the eye. Tracks back, reads the game well.... Very quick and skillful and takes players on at ease... He looks more like a natural winger to me than anyone else in the entire squad.

Connolly caught the eye at the back along with McGuiness who certainly must be close to a run in the first team... Rarely played long and his passing accuracy must he excellent. Along with Denham at the back it makes an interesting trio with a little bit of everything... Tackling, pace, passing and some exceptionally well executed professional fouls!

Patten And King did ever so well in the middle when often being outnumbered. The pace and movement in front and to the side of them really helps. Davies also makes himself available and goes looking for the ball. A quieter game for him today though.

Zimba continued his scoring run as did Evans. Both will learn the game and make better decisions... A few times they took the wrong option but they are explosive and work well together.

Ratcliffe, the keeper, also looks very good at this level.
    Its the movement ahead of them that is important, makes their lives a bit easier with options.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    Thanks everyone, you're really cheering me up with today's part of this thread!
    Nice init

I think we were dealt a bad hand with League Cup draw against Brighton who are clearly a top side now, and do think we were using that competition quite well anyway, but wonder if we could have done more by handing managerial role to Steve Morrison and getting him to work out which senior players were most comfortable to playing like Under 23's.

Bit like what Liverpool do in the League Cup with their Pep and good number of youth players getting involved but using it to prepare for continued evolution in style as well.

A belief that there is a pathway (and a need for it to be successful) raises all boats.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I think we were dealt a bad hand with League Cup draw against Brighton who are clearly a top side now, and do think we were using that competition quite well anyway, but wonder if we could have done more by handing managerial role to Steve Morrison and getting him to work out which senior players were most comfortable to playing like Under 23's.

Bit like what Liverpool do in the League Cup with their Pep and good number of youth players getting involved but using it to prepare for continued evolution in style as well.

A belief that there is a pathway (and a need for it to be successful) raises all boats.
    I like what Liverpool did last year, very good, even if it didn't work out its got to be great for the kids. League Cup isn't a big draw these days no harm in the teams that want to taking that approach.

Some non league side from the West Country - Mangotsfield.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/...menyos-5344097
    My boys play for their U11s and U9s. They’re a good club.

They used to have Shaun Wade on their books before he went to Bristol City. He’s 15 and just moved to Chelsea for £300k.

Like Cardiff City’s first team, but in a good way.

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    My boys play for their U11s and U9s. They’re a good club.

They used to have Shaun Wade on their books before he went to Bristol City. He’s 15 and just moved to Chelsea for £300k.

all the more impressive when you consider how many of the first team squad still qualify for the u23s

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    all the more impressive when you consider how many of the first team squad still qualify for the u23s
    And more impressive again when you see that no side has conceded fewer goals than us across either division and only four sides (out of seventeen in total - one of these being us) have scored more in four games played*.

I know goal difference will be improved when winning games but we look well balanced between attack and defence so far. TOBW has said it's more similar to first team - helping create that pathway - than before while still being attractive football.

*Bristol City included because I doubt they scored six goals in their extra game played, Watford and Hull not included because it's very possible they scored their one extra from extra game played.

The Academy team, beaten 7-1 at Wigan in their last outing, are at Colchester today, kick off 1.30.

The Academy team, beaten 7-1 at Wigan in their last outing, are at Colchester today, kick off 1.30.
    U18 | The #Bluebirds come back from being two goals down to earn a point in Maldon!

https://twitter.com/CF11Academy/stat...70012381941760
    We scored on 75th and 81st minute so not garbage time but that age group do seem to concede. A concern?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    We scored on 75th and 81st minute so not garbage time but that age group do seem to concede. A concern?
    While conceding ten in two games is obviously excessive, goals have always been easier to come by at Academy level, but I can’t really comment on this year’s team as, apart from a Youth Cup tie or two, I’ve not seen any under 18s football in eighteen months.