+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 96 of 166 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106146 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 4126

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Connolly has joined Rovers on a permanent deal.
    Surprised and quite disappointed about that - hope there’s a sell on clause involved.

Connolly has joined Rovers on a permanent deal.
    Wasn't his year extension triggered?

Does that mean a fee?

Any link to the story?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Wasn't his year extension triggered?

Does that mean a fee?

Any link to the story?
    Here's the tweet from the Academy https://mobile.twitter.com/CF11Acade...86892243402755

Glenn Williams reckons a 6 figure fee https://mobile.twitter.com/GlenWilli...86959650164736

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Surprised and quite disappointed about that - hope there’s a sell on clause involved.
    Me too. Clearly did well on loan last season. I thought we might loan him to them again to see how he gets on in league 1.

A bit strange, we're hardly blessed with depth at centre back

Kieron Evans has been loaned to Torquay as rumoured https://mobile.twitter.com/CF11Acade...68658119139328

Kieron Evans has been loaned to Torquay as rumoured https://mobile.twitter.com/CF11Acade...68658119139328
    It's a bit of a strange considering Morison moaned more than once about the lack of wingers. We've brought in 1 (I think?) so it's not like Evans would have been miles down the pecking order

He looked decent as well in his short cameos. As far as I can tell that's Evans, Bowen, Connolly and Zimba all gone either on loan or permanently, but I'm sure some of our fans will continue to buy the line about Morison playing a bunch of kids

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I'm sure some of our fans will continue to buy the line about Morison playing a bunch of kids
    People will lap up any old rubbish if it sounds good. To be fair, provided Davies, Colwill, McGuinness, Denham and Bagan kick on, he’ll have passed that test. You can’t play all of them. I’m surprised about Evans though, he started the first few Morison games, and then he’s gone on loan to Linfield and the NL. I would have thought he’d have got a league club. Wonder if his height counts against him

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    People will lap up any old rubbish if it sounds good. To be fair, provided Davies, Colwill, McGuinness, Denham and Bagan kick on, he’ll have passed that test. You can’t play all of them. I’m surprised about Evans though, he started the first few Morison games, and then he’s gone on loan to Linfield and the NL. I would have thought he’d have got a league club. Wonder if his height counts against him
    Didn't do much in the Northern Irish league, so probably difficult to convince managers he's going to make the difference for them in league one or two.

That feels like the exit door for Evans. Year long loan in the NL and then he is out of contract?

It would take something amazing for him to force his way back into the Cardiff first team squad.

12 months ago he seemed to be the next cab off the rank.... then it changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Didn't do much in the Northern Irish league, so probably difficult to convince managers he's going to make the difference for them in league one or two.
    Yes but why was he there in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    That feels like the exit door for Evans. Year long loan in the NL and then he is out of contract?

It would take something amazing for him to force his way back into the Cardiff first team squad.

12 months ago he seemed to be the next cab off the rank.... then it changed.
    No, doesn't look great for him.

Yes but why was he there in the first place?
    Presumably there weren't any better offers

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Presumably there weren't any better offers
    Yes but that's it, why not? He didn't look out of place in the Championship, he played 5 games for us and then disappeared off the face of the Earth. Zimba looked like a fish out of water and he got a League club

Yes but that's it, why not? He didn't look out of place in the Championship, he played 5 games for us and then disappeared off the face of the Earth. Zimba looked like a fish out of water and he got a League club
    I don't recall him making much impact in the few games he played with us. Certainly less than Colwill, Davies or even Bowen.

Looking back he played a few minutes at the end of some games under Mick, Started the Stoke game under Morison, but was taken off at 3-0 down and we went on to draw, then started against QPR.

You might be right about his physique putting some managers off as well.

Steve Borley appears to suggest that we're no longer pursuing the aim of becoming a category one Academy club or, if we still are, it's a lower priority than before;-

https://www.viewfromtheninian.com/20...-steve-borley/

Steve Borley appears to suggest that we're no longer pursuing the aim of becoming a category one Academy club or, if we still are, it's a lower priority than before;-

https://www.viewfromtheninian.com/20...-steve-borley/

Really good and interesting interview that Paul. Just a couple of initial points to note

1. Yes , Steve has met with the Trust recently. It was me who met with him and we had a good positive meeting.

2. Steve suggests that the Trust should attend supporters travel meetings (known as SLO meetings). Not a criticism of Steve here as he has obviously not been informed of the fact , but at least two Trust board representatives attend every SLO meeting and report back on them to our members. Minutes of the meetings showing who was in attendance and what was discussed (travel arrangements still form the majority of the agenda at most meetings) are posted on the official club website (they are there but not easy to find).

Keith

Ligendza was listed as released but was a non-playing sub this evening. Maybe we're giving him another go.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Ligendza was listed as released but was a non-playing sub this evening. Maybe we're giving him another go.
    Disappointing that Ashford didn’t get any game time.

maybe he would have if it had been the original 2x 60 minutes

Thought the same thing, was really hoping to get a glimpse. Especially when it went stagnant in the second half.

Team for Carmarthen: Turner, Jones, McNamara, Tria Lizst (a lad from Hungary I assume), Clay, Kenniford, Colwill J, Hughes, Ligendza, T.R. Ialist, Wigley. Subs: Luthra, Semenyo, Benjamin, Davies, Ashford, Jefferies.

I like to think Ligendza has come back for pre-season in the hope no-one noticed he was released but maybe he just should have been listed in the retained section.

Team for Carmarthen: Turner, Jones, McNamara, Tria Lizst (a lad from Hungary I assume), Clay, Kenniford, Colwill J, Hughes, Ligendza, T.R. Ialist, Wigley. Subs: Luthra, Semenyo, Benjamin, Davies, Ashford, Jefferies.

I like to think Ligendza has come back for pre-season in the hope no-one noticed he was released but maybe he just should have been listed in the retained section.
    Strange isn’t it, he was barely seen during last season as well. Also strange is that subs bench - two who’ve played first team football, another one who’s been a sub for them and the player widely picked out as the best prospect at the club in the late teens age group.

https://twitter.com/CF11Academy/stat...3WwNEE2TECLzCA

Change from Under23 to Under21 this season

This account that follows African players playing abroad suggests in the replies it was a mistake and that he’ll be staying:

https://twitter.com/princesobayeni1/...ELmpuzXlPGnlfA