+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 69 of 166 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273747576777879119 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 4126

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Finished 1-0. We deserved the win, but it was certainly wasn't a great watch. I agree with the commentators that Taylor Jones was very good and thought the back three and Tom Davies did well, Ratcliffe made a great save right at the end and Bowen, Jones and Evans shaded the midfield battle - Vassell played the full ninety minutes, but looked like he needs a bit more time at this level yet and Zimba hit the post when he probably should have scored, but worked very hard on the closing minutes when he had to do a fair bit of defending.

Blog piece on yesterday's game and a bit about Glamorgan's win as well.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

I’ve said a few times on other threads that instead of spending we should be using a few of the youngsters Bob
    In your opinion not “if” but how long before mick plays Kieron in a match day squad?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    I’ve said a few times on other threads that instead of spending we should be using a few of the youngsters Bob
    In your opinion not “if” but how long before mick plays Kieron in a match day squad?
    I think he could well be on the bench against Brighton, but whether he gets on is another matter - the Sutton game would have been an ideal opportunity to give Sam Bowen some game time in the first team, but it never happened.

With us not using wingers currently, we have a lot of players competing for what I'll call the Harry Wilson role this season. Although he scored on Saturday, I think we have better than Bacuna to play in that position, but I get the definite impression that McCarthy is not convinced by Tomlin and so I'd say Murohy and Colwill will be considered first if it was decided to move Bacuna somewhere else or leave him out. If Murohy is again the frustrating performer he's been since we got relegated, I think Mick will give him fairly short shrift and then I'd say Evans might become a contender - you'd think now that the normal Cardiff way of plugging a gap in the squad with an expensive, and usually not very good, signing no longer applies and talented youngsters will be considered far more than they have been in the past.

Bearing all of that in mind, I think Evans could be a genuine first team option for league games within a few months, but that would depend on more experienced players not doing the business as much, if not more so, as how he does in Under 23 matches.

It’s a chicken and egg situation with the term experience
    I understand that the manager is ultimately judged on results but with Kieron I’d definitely throw him in sooner
    I know the kid personally and he’s definitely got an air of arrogance and a bit of spite to him
    I’m sure he’d quickly become a fan’s favourite 🤩

Just to say that if anyone was thinking of watching a bit of the Academy match against Peterborough at Leckwith, which kicks off at 1, before today's game like I was, you'll have to do so from outside the fences around the athletics stadium because the club's Academy Twitter account has said that the game is "not open to the public".

Given the weather forecast for around lunchtime today, I think I'll give that match a miss.

https://twitter.com/CF11Academy

I’ll be in the Grange from one o’clock if you fancy a pint Paul 🍻👍

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    I’ll be in the Grange from one o’clock if you fancy a pint Paul ����
    Sorry, only just saw this, I didn't turn up until about 2.30 on Saturday and I park almost up by Victoria Park!

Good 2-0 win for the Under 18s on Saturday, I hope that all of their home games aren't going to be behind closed doors this season.

That's a real declaration of faith in Chanka Zimba - to be fair, he's impressed me more so far this season than he did last year.

I assume he will now go out on loan as he doesn't seem to be near our first team

No worries Paul
    Coming from where you live it makes sense to park up around Vic Park
    Plenty of games left
    Yes I’m pleased for Shanka- that’s how he pronounces his name
    Says he came from Blackburn but was with Man City youth originally.
    Like any of the u23’s they’re just waiting on a call up to the first team.
    We’ll know more about individual chances after the transfer window shuts on the 31st
    Hate to say it but a certain striker leaving looks a certainty 😕

U23s playing on Sunday for a change. At the athletics stadium 3pm v Peterborough.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...borough-united

I’d forgotten that the Under 23 match, against Peterborough at Leckwith, this week was being played today with a 1.30 kick off, but, having just looked, the kick off has been put back until three - the game is being streamed on the club website.

Ciaron Brown and Isaak Davies start for City.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I’d forgotten that the Under 23 match, against Peterborough at Leckwith, this week was being played today with a 1.30 kick off, but, having just looked, the kick off has been put back until three - the game is being streamed on the club website.

Ciaron Brown and Isaak Davies start for City.
    Watching here, where’s Vassell, is he injured again?

Browns distribution is bloody awful

Wish the first team played with the same pace and intensity

1-0 Zimba after very good work by Evans

2-1 to City, sub Cian Ashford regains the lead seconds after coming on. This after a Peterborough equalised with a fine finish after the defence had been opened up with a single pass.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    Wish the first team played with the same pace and intensity
    We should get there, but Arsenal now are proof that you can't throw youth in all at once and expect good results. I am finding that it's a frustratingly slow process though.

Ciaron Brown has had 43 games in the SPL or Championship - I'd say only starting to look comfortable at this level Brentford away onwards - and likes of Sang and Bagan are someway off that yet let alone new faces we're just starting to see.

I really want to see back-line of Phillips, Sang, Morrison, McGuinness, Nelson, Bagan given a run together this year with aim of fixing our defence for next season, and therefore being able to give more forward players (Bowen in CM?) the support Bagan's got so far, but it might be that McGuinness plays RCB first if judged to be a position less in the spotlight.

Finished 3-1 with Zimba getting a second. City finished much the stronger after a competitive first three quarters of the game and there could have been more goals.

Zimba, clearly buoyed by his three year contract, played as well as I’ve seen him, but there were plenty of good performances today as they made it two wins from two.

Good result. Zimba's banging in the goals.

Blog piece on yesterday's Development team match;-

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    We should get there, but Arsenal now are proof that you can't throw youth in all at once and expect good results. I am finding that it's a frustratingly slow process though.

Ciaron Brown has had 43 games in the SPL or Championship - I'd say only starting to look comfortable at this level Brentford away onwards - and likes of Sang and Bagan are someway off that yet let alone new faces we're just starting to see.

I really want to see back-line of Phillips, Sang, Morrison, McGuinness, Nelson, Bagan given a run together this year with aim of fixing our defence for next season, and therefore being able to give more forward players (Bowen in CM?) the support Bagan's got so far, but it might be that McGuinness plays RCB first if judged to be a position less in the spotlight.
    I certainly hope so. I have no problem with mixing youngsters with the more experienced players. I don't want to see us playing a swansea type of style but wish we'd mix things up a bit, and be less obvious. It was great to see Colwill taking players on on Saturday, moving their midfield and defence around to create space for others.