Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
Wonder why Nyakhuwa was missing for the u21s and u18s this week, outside chance of being in the squad on Saturday perhaps?

Could well have been a late injury mind which saw Beecher moved forward
I mentioned yesterday about Nyakhuwa. He could be ill or taken a knock in training, of course, but I'd like to think he's going to get a run-out on Saturday. I've seen him twice in the last fortnight. Seems like more of a winger but both times he's started as the striker even though there was an alternative so it'll be interesting to see where Bulut uses him if he plays. He played as a winger in the FA Youth Cup game with Fulham before Xmas and was a handful before coming inside to play up the middle, did the reverse in the u-21 game last week. Seems comfortable with either position.

I've been impressed with him so far. He was quite isolated in the Academy game but he stuck to his task and he was more physical than I expected in the u-21 game. He nicked a goal off Twose there but he came across as a good team player overall, didn't overdo the solo stuff and worked hard throughout. It's a million miles from Championship football, I know, but there's some promise there.

AdrianAlston has talked about Beecher being more of a left winger than a full back, we'll see. With Giles, Beecher and Jac Thomas all coming through as left backs it's giving the club something to think about at that level.