Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Thanks for that (not the pun). I watched the match online and thought we were always pretty comfortable, as we should have been given the selection of both teams. The thought occurs to me that you could, conceivably, see that back four playing for the first team on Saturday. I agree that Brown looks more impressive as a centreback than a left back, but, given the way our manager thinks, I wonder if he is currently second choice to Bennett? Realistically, I reckon we'll see the same back four as Sunday against Birmingham, but I do wonder if Nelson might just make it in (I suppose Morrison's hand injuries could give Neil Warnock an excuse for making a change if he doesn't want to say he is dropping anyone)?

I'm not as concerned about Coxe playing left wing as you are because I see it as proof he would be at home in a wing back/modern full back role, but I feel he'll probably have to wait for a new managerial appointment if this is going to benefit him in first team terms at Cardiff.
In an interview just after Ciaron Brown was called up to the Northern Ireland squad I'm sure Warnock said he was (after Cunningham left on loan) regarded as the back up to Bennett. I hope he comes good, but as of now he is a very inexperienced converted centre back and surely putting no pressure on Bennett for his place.