+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 67 of 164 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768697071727374757677117 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 4078

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Taz Mayembe, capped by Wales and England at youth level, has been selected in Zambia’s full international squad for three upcoming friendlies.
    He was called up for Wales u18's in March but withdrew.

New nationality rules now remember which could eventually apply to Taz:

"(rules regarding switching nationality) have now been relaxed, allowing a player to change nationality as long as they have only featured in three international fixtures, including qualifiers – but not tournaments like the World Cup, must have been less than 21 years of age at the time of playing and can only switch after three years of no international activity." (https://citisportsonline.com/2020/12...-switch-rules/)

Wales has long relied on dual-nationality players feeling more Welsh than other even if other has greater chance of success. If that's what is happening in reverse here then full credit to him and hope he enjoys the adventure.

Taz Mayembe, capped by Wales and England at youth level, has been selected in Zambia’s full international squad for three upcoming friendlies.
    “It was difficult purely because am looking to help my country out, When Zambia stepped in and said they were serious about giving me an opportunity, Without a doubt, I said yeah, I’m coming home.”

“I spoke to the coach before the call-up and he explained the situation and said he will give me the chance and without a doubt, I decided to come back home,” he added.

https://zambianfootball.co.zm/cardif...-home/zfadmin/

Got the link from the dragonsoccer.co.uk website.

16 year old Cian Ashford has agreed a pro deal to stay at City until 2024.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...ional-contract

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    16 year old Cian Ashford has agreed a pro deal to stay at City until 2024.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...ional-contract
    Good news this, I was a bit concerned that someone else had signed him when he didn’t appear on the retained list. I think the length of contract given to him shows how highly rated he is by City.

Just need Sam Bowen to sign a contract for us now.

Just need Sam Bowen to sign a contract for us now.
    News of that and other signings:

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...-contracts-ccs

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Thanks for that, pleased about Bowen - it sounds far fetched now, but he’s with a club and country that aren’t the strongest in his position at the moment, there’s an opportunity there for him and other young Welsh midfield players to go quite far in the game if they can continue to develop and have the right attitude.

Not surprised by any of the Academy lads who’ve signed pro deals, I like Pritchard and Taylor Jones has been good most of the time when he’s played for the under 23s.

I’ve a feeling Connolly played for the under 23s on trial towards the end of last season.

Thanks for that, pleased about Bowen - it sounds far fetched now, but he’s with a club and country that aren’t the strongest in his position at the moment, there’s an opportunity there for him and other young Welsh midfield players to go quite far in the game if they can continue to develop and have the right attitude.

Not surprised by any of the Academy lads who’ve signed pro deals, I like Pritchard and Taylor Jones has been good most of the time when he’s played for the under 23s.

I’ve a feeling Connolly played for the under 23s on trial towards the end of last season.
    we had a triallist goalkeeper who had a bit of a mare in one game didn't we? I wonder if he's the one they've signed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    we had a triallist goalkeeper who had a bit of a mare in one game didn't we? I wonder if he's the one they've signed.
    It was that 6-1 against Coventry right at the end of the season wasn’t it?

It was that 6-1 against Coventry right at the end of the season wasn’t it?
    Yeah that sounds about right.

Cameron Coxe in strange loan move back to the EFL;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57701711

I was told that Taylor Jones's dad played for Cardiff early 90s?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I was told that Taylor Jones's dad played for Cardiff early 90s?
    Could be Mark Jones who played for us between 90 and 92;-

"A player who had seen service at Oxford United between September 1979 and September 1986, as a full back come midfield player, where he made 129 League appearances, with 7 goals, before moving on to Swindon Town. He was badly affected by injuries during his time there, and in 4 seasons only made 40 appearances in the League, scoring 9 times. Although his was obviously a player of some class, he never seemed fully fit during his time with City, and spent much of his time out injured, before being released at the end of his 2 year contract. In 1994 he rejoined Oxford United as Soccer Course Director."

There was also an Ian Jones (who I must admit I cannot remember), who played three league games for us at full back between 93 and 96 which we lost without scoring a goal - I think it's more likely to be him;-

"A left back that emerged through the club's youth times he only made the first team on a few rare occasions, never looking as if he was going to get an extended run. He left the game a short while after joining Merthyr Tydfil."

Could be Mark Jones who played for us between 90 and 92;-

"A player who had seen service at Oxford United between September 1979 and September 1986, as a full back come midfield player, where he made 129 League appearances, with 7 goals, before moving on to Swindon Town. He was badly affected by injuries during his time there, and in 4 seasons only made 40 appearances in the League, scoring 9 times. Although his was obviously a player of some class, he never seemed fully fit during his time with City, and spent much of his time out injured, before being released at the end of his 2 year contract. In 1994 he rejoined Oxford United as Soccer Course Director."

There was also an Ian Jones (who I must admit I cannot remember), who played three league games for us at full back between 93 and 96 which we lost without scoring a goal - I think it's more likely to be him;-

"A left back that emerged through the club's youth times he only made the first team on a few rare occasions, never looking as if he was going to get an extended run. He left the game a short while after joining Merthyr Tydfil."
    I'm fairly sure it would be Ian Jones because he played on in the Welsh League for Penrhiwceiber or a team in that area. As I've seen a bio of Taylor that says he's from the Cynon Valley I think 2+2 =4ish 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    I'm fairly sure it would be Ian Jones because he played on in the Welsh League for Penrhiwceiber or a team in that area. As I've seen a bio of Taylor that says he's from the Cynon Valley I think 2+2 =4ish ��

I remember Ian Jones, he was picked ahead of Damon Searle at left back for two games in 1993/94, then played one more game 2 years later. we seemed to have quite a few younger players come through in those days, but then disappear in to non league. Chris Ingram , Nathan Wigg and Andy Evans spring to mind.

Just saw that Ben Margetson has been signed by Swansea to play for their U23s. Perhaps he'll be the new Ben Cabango.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/...rovers-5564625

Crystal Palace midfielder formerly of Cardiff City emerges as midfield option for Bristol Rovers

1-1 for the U23s at Weston-Super-Mare tonight. Zinka with our goal, WSM equalising in 2nd half injury time. Another wholesale change at half time with a few U18s thrown in.

Ratcliffe, Semenyo, Trialist, Masrani, Denham, Connolly, Kavanagh, Patten, Zimba, Pritchard, Trialist.

Luthra, Trialist, Jones, Vaughan, Bakare, Trialist, Trialist, d’Almeida, Wigley, T. Davies, Hughes.

Mr and Mrs Trialist proud parents once again as their five sons take part.

My apologies, Zimba with the goal. Zinka couldn't make it.

A 3-2 defeat for the U23s at Paulton Rovers tonight. Zimba and Trevor Trialist with the goals. I'd never heard of Paulton - as a club or town - before the game was announced a few weeks ago. They play at level 8 of the pyramid. Not sure if this bodes well; let's call it a good learning exercise. I remember a City XI losing to Yate Town back in the day but that was when we were shite.

A 3-2 defeat for the U23s at Paulton Rovers tonight. Zimba and Trevor Trialist with the goals. I'd never heard of Paulton - as a club or town - before the game was announced a few weeks ago. They play at level 8 of the pyramid. Not sure if this bodes well; let's call it a good learning exercise. I remember a City XI losing to Yate Town back in the day but that was when we were shite.
    Don Rogers was born in Paulton - he could play a bit !

seems like they were ahead most of the in match until they made a bunch of changes, and I wasn't too familiar with many of the names being brought on, so It may have ended up quite a young side

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    seems like they were ahead most of the in match until they made a bunch of changes, and I wasn't too familiar with many of the names being brought on, so It may have ended up quite a young side
    Yeah, some of them not even listed on the website, and a few more from the Trialist family.

Luthra, Taylor Jones, Denham, Bakare, Connolly, Trialist, Patten, D’Almeida, Trialist, Schwank, Zimba.

Subs: Trialist, Rippon, Clay, C. Jones, T. Davies, Coomer, Tana Jones, Wigley.

Apparently Paulton Rovers are regarded giants of football in the Paulton, Midsomer Norton and Radstock areas. It's a hotbed of football talent.