Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
It would appear that our 'Trialist' Goalkeeper is 18 year old Ewan Griffiths. From Pontypridd, he has been capped by Wales at U17 level. He has been with Sewansea since a schoolnboy. He has been competing for the Swansea U18 No.1 position with Kit Margetson, son of Martyn. Ewan has captained the Swans U18 team on times.

I presume they have plumped for Margetson, but it would appear that we have actually given Griffiths a pro contract:-

https://www.southwalesgk.co.uk/success-stories

He has played for us in the two recent U21 matches against Wigan and Birmingham and for the U18's yesterday (he was actually named by the Club Academy twitter account in their published starting line up) against Burnley.

I'm not sure where this leaves Luke Armstrong, but they do appear to like a lot of Goalkeepers in the U21 squad (4 this season) so maybe he will also get a pro contract.

As Griffiths is from Ponty, I wonder how we missed him 1st time around? We didn't have another goalie in that age group and Armstrong was signed late, age 16, after his release by Wolves.
Let's hope we've pinched a real talent from them. You're right though, seems strange that he was with them and not us in the first place.