+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 49 of 167 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999149 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 4158

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

2-1 with a move out of context with what they'd been doing before then - good finish by Keiron Evans, after sub Dan Martin and Tomlin combined well.

Nice move for the goal - much easier for Tomlin to do damage with is passes after the play has been switched like that.

The left back who came on has already been mentioned more times than cunningham

Finished 2-1 to the wurzels, we scored a good goal and could have had an equaliser within seconds, but it was all pretty easy for Bristol after that - can't say any of the new players looked to be an improvement on what we already have.

To be fair to Tomlin, I thought he played well and was our only creative spark. Once he'd left, we had nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    To be fair to Tomlin, I thought he played well and was our only creative spark. Once he'd left, we had nothing.
    Yes he was certainly trying a lot, he ended a lot of possession though without making too many clear cut chances.
    But it is fair to say that the Bristol defence had an easier time of it after he went off.

One good thing I took from the game was that Joe Day's kicking is nowhere near as awful as has been reported.

Confirmation that our former Academy player Harry Pinchard had a trial with Man City last month. It was my understanding that he turned down City's offer of a new contract, but this piece says he was released by us - an odd decision if true.

https://clwbpeldroed.org/2020/09/05/...er-city-trial/

City's Under 18s 1-0 up at half time against Watford at Leckwith today.

Finished 3-2 to Watford - we're a club in definite need of a win or two at the moment.

A promising debut for Tom Sang at Cheltenham last night as they beat Plymouth 2-0 in the Leasing.com Trophy South Group F. (It pulled the same attendance as the Champions League Final so don't knock it). Tom played right wing back in the first half but shifted to number 10 after half time as Cheltenham went to a 4-3-3 formation. He impressed throughout but made more of an impact in the second half and set up Reuben Reid for the first of his two goals. He seems happy in either position and while that versatility can sometimes be a curse rather than a blessing it looks like he's gone to a club that will make good use of it.

There's a report and an interesting interview with Tom in this link.

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.u...argyle-4580153

Worth mentioning that Tom's taken the number 27 shirt at Cheltenham, a nice touch when City players do that out on loan. Kadeem Harris did it at Barnsley and David Tutonda did it at both Newport and York.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    A promising debut for Tom Sang at Cheltenham last night as they beat Plymouth 2-0 in the Leasing.com Trophy South Group F. (It pulled the same attendance as the Champions League Final so don't knock it). Tom played right wing back in the first half but shifted to number 10 after half time as Cheltenham went to a 4-3-3 formation. He impressed throughout but made more of an impact in the second half and set up Reuben Reid for the first of his two goals. He seems happy in either position and while that versatility can sometimes be a curse rather than a blessing it looks like he's gone to a club that will make good use of it.

There's a report and an interesting interview with Tom in this link.

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.u...argyle-4580153

Worth mentioning that Tom's taken the number 27 shirt at Cheltenham, a nice touch when City players do that out on loan. Kadeem Harris did it at Barnsley and David Tutonda did it at both Newport and York.
    Interesting to notice that David Tutonda is playing at league one level now, and seems to be mostly playing in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Interesting to notice that David Tutonda is playing at league one level now, and seems to be mostly playing in midfield.

I think the problem here was that he mostly played in midfield, even when he was meant to be playing in defence. I'm not saying he'll ever reach Championship level but he's the kind of slightly unorthodox player that we're wary of giving a chance to here. While him and Oshilaja maybe weren't quite good enough, what's happened with Ajayi will hopefully see us being a bit more broad minded with that kind of player in the future.

Tutonda played left wing back for his debut on Saturday, everyone seemed very impressed with him and I saw he didn't feature in Rovers' Leasing.com Trophy South Group D game on Tuesday so I assume that means he's lined up for their next league game. Wing back should be the perfect position for him. Not defensively perfect but he's full of energy and enthusiasm and is always itching to get forward, a very enjoyable player to watch.

For all we comment on here about how Malky, Slade and Warnock didn't want the kind of football that would've suited the youngsters here, when Trollope had the chance to bring Ajayi and Tutonda into his system (they'd played most of pre-season due to injuries) he lost his nerve and rushed the regulars back in. It was too late to send them out on loan by then too and it pretty much ended both of their careers here. As with Oshilaja, when Malky chose Ben Nugent ahead of him, it makes you wonder how their futures would have panned out here if they'd been given a chance then.

Although I see Macauley Southam has now moved on to Stockport after being signed by Fleetwood earlier this year, it does seem to be a bit of a recurring theme with players we release that they sign for clubs at a certain level and then work their way upwards at a decent rate. Lormaski mentions Ajayi, Oshilala and Tutonda, but there's also Rollin Menayese (now at Mansfield after he signed for Weston after we released him), Tom James has played, and scored, for Wigan this season and Tom Lockyer at Luton - there's probably others I'm forgetting as well. I'm not saying all of these players were potential first teamers, but with that chart saying our net spend over 10 years has been something like £88 million, we may have been able to knock a, very small, chunk off that figure if we had been less keen to let those players go when they were youngsters.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Although I see Macauley Southam has now moved on to Stockport after being signed by Fleetwood earlier this year, it does seem to be a bit of a recurring theme with players we release that they sign for clubs at a certain level and then work their way upwards at a decent rate. Lormaski mentions Ajayi, Oshilala and Tutonda, but there's also Rollin Menayese (now at Mansfield after he signed for Weston after we released him), Tom James has played, and scored, for Wigan this season and Tom Lockyer at Luton - there's probably others I'm forgetting as well. I'm not saying all of these players were potential first teamers, but with that chart saying our net spend over 10 years has been something like £88 million, we may have been able to knock a, very small, chunk off that figure if we had been less keen to let those players go when they were youngsters.
    Or we could have still spent 88 million, but concentrated over a smaller number of players if we had 3 or 4 academy players in the side would mean we'd be getting a better quality of player in.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Was Deli Alli there just to watch or was he checking us out as a possible loan move?

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    Was Deli Alli there just to watch or was he checking us out as a possible loan move?
    Camron McWilliams?

Leicester always seem to have good youth sides

Tom Sang made a first Football League appearance this afternoon when he came on as a half time sub in Cheltenham's 2-0 win over Crawley this afternoon- they've got a game on Tuesday in which he'll hopefully start.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Tom Sang made a first Football League appearance this afternoon when he came on as a half time sub in Cheltenham's 2-0 win over Crawley this afternoon- they've got a game on Tuesday in which he'll hopefully start.
    Not even in the squad unfortunately. A bit surprising so perhaps he has a knock or they are introducing him gently.

Sam Bowen, Kieron Evans and Isaak Davies all started for Wales under-19s in a 2-0 defeat by England today.

https://www.faw.cymru/en/news/positi...d-defeat-u19s/

No idea what's happened to Dan Griffiths lately, I'm sure I saw him playing for our under-23 side pre-season but I've lost track of him for now. Ryan Reynolds has had serious injury problems in the last couple of seasons and I don't know what his situation is for now either (it's a fool's errand trying to google him). Harry Pinchard came on in the second half today, I saw him listed as a Swansea City player on one team sheet, anyone got confirmation of that?

James Waite had a hat trick for Weston in the FA Cup tonight and has been scoring regularly. Deserves a better class of football from what I've seen but I think Harris has said nobody else came in for him on loan.

James Waite had a hat trick for Weston in the FA Cup tonight and has been scoring regularly. Deserves a better class of football from what I've seen but I think Harris has said nobody else came in for him on loan.
    Match report here.

https://www.westonsmareafc.co.uk/fix...hall-athletic/

Seems like he's buzzing, a couple of those goals sounded useful. Ridiculous that he's still playing at that level, hopefully the weight of goals he scores there will catch someone's eye.

In answer to BlueToujours, Tom Sang rolled his ankle in Saturday's game which ruled him out last night. He's been given the nickname Sangy by manager Michael Duff but I shall respect the dignity of this thread and continue to call him either Tom or Sang. Or, on occasion, both.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Match report here.

https://www.westonsmareafc.co.uk/fix...hall-athletic/

Seems like he's buzzing, a couple of those goals sounded useful. Ridiculous that he's still playing at that level, hopefully the weight of goals he scores there will catch someone's eye.

In answer to BlueToujours, Tom Sang rolled his ankle in Saturday's game which ruled him out last night. He's been given the nickname Sangy by manager Michael Duff but I shall respect the dignity of this thread and continue to call him either Tom or Sang. Or, on occasion, both.
    Was that Lloyd Humphries playing as well?

Was that Lloyd Humphries playing as well?
    Yes, he's their player now.

https://www.thewestonmercury.co.uk/s...-him-1-6831046