+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Slight Driving Scare

Slight Driving Scare

Dropped my missus and her friend off at their friend's birthday party. Was driving home on the Eastern Avenue, bonnet flew up and smashed the windscreen. Luckily no other traffic about and I got over, unscathed, to the hard shoulder, using my rear view mirror with hazards on. Drove home with a shattered windscreen. Been over an hour talking to a ‘bot’ or whatever they’re called re. insurance to no avail. Sort it out tomorrow, hopefully. Just glad to be home safe, not an experience I’d wish on anyone.

Re: Slight Driving Scare

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Dropped my missus and her friend off at their friend's birthday party. Was driving home on the Eastern Avenue, bonnet flew up and smashed the windscreen. Luckily no other traffic about and I got over, unscathed, to the hard shoulder, using my rear view mirror with hazards on. Drove home with a shattered windscreen. Been over an hour talking to a ‘bot’ or whatever they’re called re. insurance to no avail. Sort it out tomorrow, hopefully. Just glad to be home safe, not an experience I’d wish on anyone.
    That is one scare glad you are safe

Happened to me once driving a hired van. Bastard hire co owner tried to blame me until he inspected the van and saw the bonnet hinges rusted through.
    Needless to say I didn't use that company again.

wow that must have got the adrenaline flowing!

seems suspicious though, has anyone recently encouraged you to extend your life insurance cover

About 40 years ago I had a summer job cleaning second hand cars for a dealer. Now and again I had to move cars between sites. One time I was driving a VW Passat and it happened to me. No broken windscreen and I wasn't going very fast so was able to stop ok.

Definitely grounds for compensation from the wife, and possibly her friend.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Definitely grounds for compensation from the wife, and possibly her friend.
    It is being looked into

Not Bonnet related but I had the scare of my driving life a few months back.
    It was my last day of work before going on holiday I was driving to work about 5.30 in the morning took the Talbot green turn off on the M4 came up the slip road, I was turning right for Talbot Green so looked right as I turned around a white Transit van was driving towards me it had come out of the turn off for the road towards the Vale Glamorgan hotel and was going the wrong way around the round about. I swerved at the last moment and missed it. Tbh I shit myself. When i got to work I was in shock it took me a good few hours to stop reliving the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Not Bonnet related but I had the scare of my driving life a few months back.
    It was my last day of work before going on holiday I was driving to work about 5.30 in the morning took the Talbot green turn off on the M4 came up the slip road, I was turning right for Talbot Green so looked right as I turned around a white Transit van was driving towards me it had come out of the turn off for the road towards the Vale Glamorgan hotel and was going the wrong way around the round about. I swerved at the last moment and missed it. Tbh I shit myself. When i got to work I was in shock it took me a good few hours to stop reliving the moment.
    A few hours to get over it? I'd have gone on the sick for three months.

That happened to my step daughter on the motor way , she was in one hell of a state when we got there , thank god the kids were not in the car , and was put through an MOT 3 weeks before this incident .

Her car is a write off .. due to its low value .

Do feel for you , scary moment ... flecking bots

Windscreen being replaced tomorrow morning. Underpants being removed & replaced on Wednesday under gas and air.

Windscreen being replaced tomorrow morning. Underpants being removed & replaced on Wednesday under gas and air.
    You still milking this

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    You still milking this
    My butler has been muttering under his breath today……the ungrateful c*nt!!!!