+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 70 of 164 FirstFirst ... 20606162636465666768697071727374757677787980120 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 4078

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

"As I've mentioned before, we look for players that won't block any existing pathways for development, and that's exactly what we've done here. We want our U23 players to have that clear pathway so that they can develop well into senior professionals."
    Now that's an interesting quote. Are we the anti-Chelsea in refusing to stockpile players?

Might it extend to senior side too: if we've got two young LB's we believe in we're not going to sign an older head to create competition?

The Under 23 team try to make it three wins out of three this morning when they face Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough, kick off is at 11 o clock.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The Under 23 team try to make it three wins out of three this morning when they face Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough, kick off is at 11 o clock.
    We are two nil up at half time.... Predictably Evans and Zimba.

3-0 up in added time, a second for Evans that draws a "what a goal" from City's Academy Twitter account!

3-0 up in added time, a second for Evans that draws a "what a goal" from City's Academy Twitter account!
    Can't wait to see if these lads get a breakthrough into the first team this year.

Good start to the season, and good to see the players pushing for first team spots doing well.

Do they do extended highlights for the youth matches? I'll never watch them live and the snippets don't offer much bar the obvious action.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Do they do extended highlights for the youth matches? I'll never watch them live and the snippets don't offer much bar the obvious action.
    Away games are rarely live unless we are playing clubs who stream their u23 games. All our home games are streamed live in Cardiff city TV

As for highlights, we are very much at the mercy of the home side, in this case Wednesday.

Evans second goal (our third) sounded very good. A free kick.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Away games are rarely live unless we are playing clubs who stream their u23 games. All our home games are streamed live in Cardiff city TV

As for highlights, we are very much at the mercy of the home side, in this case Wednesday.

Evans second goal (our third) sounded very good. A free kick.
    There’s a thread been started showing a video of the goal.

Sure it’ll be the normal five minute highlights package on the club website - our next two games are both at home, against Sheffield United a week on Tuesday and then Millwall the following Monday, so they’ll both be shown live.

Under 18s kicking off at Wigan at 11 o clock - looking at the team sheet makes me realise that it's been a long time since I saw the Academy play live, most of the names mean nothing to me.

What's happened to Mayembe? He seemed on the verge of the first team under Neil Harris

Under 18s kicking off at Wigan at 11 o clock - looking at the team sheet makes me realise that it's been a long time since I saw the Academy play live, most of the names mean nothing to me.
    Getting a bit of a thumping.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Getting a bit of a thumping.
    6-1 and still 15mins to go.😥

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    What's happened to Mayembe? He seemed on the verge of the first team under Neil Harris
    There was some talk of off field problems last year when he missed a lot of games through injury. He played in some of the pre season matches and I think he may have played in the Under 18s first league game,.

By the end of last season, he had made the progression to the Under 23s squad on a regular basis and had done well as a sub a few times, but he's not featured for them at all in their league games so far.

Finished 7-1 - "a big learning curve for a very youthful Bluebirds side" according to the Academy Twitter site - to be fair, they did have a few Under 16s in apparently.

Morning all
    Anyone planning on going to the Academy game midday kick off at leckwith v Watford go back to bed for an hour
    It’s been cancelled!!!!!

1 9 clock kick off for the Development teams match with Sheffield United which is being streamed on the club website. MacGuiness, Kieron Evans, Chanda Zimba and Isaak Davies all starting.

1 9 clock kick off for the Development teams match with Sheffield United which is being streamed on the club website. MacGuiness, Kieron Evans, Chanda Zimba and Isaak Davies all starting.
    is that 1 o clock? or 7pm?

Lovely goal by Zimba to put us 1 up - we're playing well so far.

Like the look of Semenyo at left wing back.

Like the look of Semenyo at left wing back.
    is he a recent signing,?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    is he a recent signing,?
    Signed in the summer.

Signed in the summer.
    what happened to the other young wing back who played in the carabao cup game?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    what happened to the other young wing back who played in the carabao cup game?
    D'Almeida - playing on the other flank. Also looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    D'Almeida - playing on the other flank. Also looks good.
    no I meant Tom Davies was it?