+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Champions league semis

Champions league semis

Dotmund knock out PSG 0-1 (0-2 agg).

Serial failures.

How they haven't scored in either leg is unbelievable.

Dotmund v Bayern final looks favourite at Wembley?
    Last edited by MacAdder; Yesterday at 20:59. Reason: ? mark

Re: Champions league semis

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

An Englishman’s dream

Didn’t know it was on, too busy watching Bolton just beating Barnsley 6-5 on aggregate

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Didn’t know it was on, too busy watching Bolton just beating Barnsley 6-5 on aggregate
    I too forgot it was on and missed the start.

Eurovision qualifiers were on

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    An Englishman’s dream
    Chocks away!

Much rather watch the Play Offs, all of the money PSG have thrown at getting a Champions League winning team only to still not even have reached a Final is very funny mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    5-4, wasn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    5-4, wasn’t it?
    He was watching it on Sky +

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Much rather watch the Play Offs, all of the money PSG have thrown at getting a Champions League winning team only to still not even have reached a Final is very funny mind.
    They lost the 2020 final to Bayern.

It says a lot about Ligue 1 that Europe's top bauble has been won only once in 68 years by a French club (i.e. Marseille), especially as France produces such a successful national side.

That puts France up there with Scotland (Celtic), Romania (Steaua Bucharest) and Yugoslavia (RedStar Belgrade) whereas teams from the more modest Eredivisie have won it six times with three different clubs.

On the other hand, England's haul of 15 trophies (and with 6 different clubs) belies the lack of success of the national team - and we know why regarding recent decades.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Dotmund knock out PSG 0-1 (0-2 agg).

Serial failures.

How they haven't scored in either leg is unbelievable.

to be fair they hit the woodwork 6 times and had 30 shots in the second leg - sometimes this happens though

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    to be fair they hit the woodwork 6 times and had 30 shots in the second leg - sometimes this happens though
    Very few what you'd call good chances though, and the big one they did have was down to a deflection

Resorted to shots from range and whipping in hopeless crosses - very disappointing considering the talent on the pitch

Mad that the Champions League final could be contested by 2 German clubs and not include their champions

Crazy last 5 minutes

Jude Bellingham ?? Great press , watched him in the last 4 champions league games . He isn't that all that for what I have seen .
    Harry Kane is a tremendous player and manages to keep neck and neck with me for winning trophies for another season.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Crazy last 5 minutes
    scripted

Both Bellingham and Kane were very ordinary tonight although I have watched Bellingham about half a dozen games and he has impressed me.

Although Real scored two very late goals I thought they probably did just enough to win the tie even though Bayern can count themselves very unlucky with the appalling offside decision against them very late on.

Thomas Tuchel had a night to forget with his substitutions with 3 minutes of normal time left.
    Probably one of the reasons he's been shown the door.

I'd like to see Dortmund lift the trophy but I can only see one winner.