+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 59 of 164 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109159 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 4078

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Very interesting interview with Steve Morison from WOL today:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...eping-19914167

"The odds of people coming through academies and making it as a fully fledged pro is 0.01 percent, something crazy," he says.

"Look, Rubin and Isaak haven't made it – I've told them both that. I told them the hard work starts now.
    "Winning for us, in the grand scheme of things, is Rubin Colwill making his debut, Isaak Davies being in the squad, that is winning for this football club," he says.

"We just have to keep working hard and we are by no means done yet. We are working round the clock, grafting to make sure we make this football club better from within.
    i) It's always a bit funny when UK players are called cr*p online considering they're the best 0.01% in the UK
    ii) Winning youth games means you play harder youth teams which helps development, but success at youth level is always about how many make the first team and have good careers.

iii) Neil Harris clearly has some strengths - I wonder if he's one who is better suited to being a youth manager? There are some mid-level or worse managers (Lee Johnson the classic example) who are just waiting for youth manager to be considered as prestigious a role in order to have their best career.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    i) It's always a bit funny when UK players are called cr*p online considering they're the best 0.01% in the UK
    ii) Winning youth games means you play harder youth teams which helps development, but success at youth level is always about how many make the first team and have good careers.

iii) Neil Harris clearly has some strengths - I wonder if he's one who is better suited to being a youth manager? There are some mid-level or worse managers (Lee Johnson the classic example) who are just waiting for youth manager to be considered as prestigious a role in order to have their best career.
    Based on his signings, Neil Harris would be an excellent scout

Fully agreed City123! I said on another thread somewhere that Neil Harris would make an excellent scout. You and I are absolutely right!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Very interesting interview with Steve Morison from WOL today:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...eping-19914167
    Terrific interview this, thanks for putting it up.

I thought it was a cert that Morison would follow Harris out of the club, but, reading that article, it looks like our ex manager kept a bit of distance between the two men. While the winning run is great, Morison repeats what you hear from so many at age group level - developing players takes priority over results, but I don't see how results can be ignored - we're playing well individually and collectively and beating teams comfortably at the moment, I do hope we don't just revert to type when it comes to first team selection now we're getting long term injured senior players back.

The Under 18s are at Ipswich today hoping to extend their winning run to four - kick off at 1 o clock.

KO. at 11.00 and currently losing.

https://twitter.com/cf11academy/stat...441969669?s=21

3-1 now about halfway through the second half - looks like the fourteen game winning run is over.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    3-1 now about halfway through the second half - looks like the fourteen game winning run is over.
    4-1 now. Hope this isn't an omen. 😥

The Under 23 match against Charlton scheduled for tomorrow has been brought forward to 2 o clock today - hopefully, it will be shown on the club website as normal.

Don't know if Lee Tomlin will be in the team again, but Mick McCarthy has said that Max Watters and Ciaron Brown will probably play the full ninety minutes.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rlton-19938522

Cardiff City XI : Ratcliffe; Pritchard, Trialist, Bodenham, Brown, Martin; Bowen, Patten; Watters, Davies, Evans.

Subs : Thomas, Cogman, King, Idowu.

Senior players Max Watters and Ciaron Brown will feature for the young Bluebirds this afternoon, both of whom have a point to prove to McCarthy.

The young duo have had precious few minutes in the senior team over the last month or so and McCarthy is eager to see how they get on.

However, there is no Lee Tomlin, who has played each of the last two games, meaning one of two things; he has suffered an injury setback or, Cardiff fans will hope, he is being lined up for some involvement against Derby County with the senior team on Tuesday night.

no colwill either

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    no colwill either
    Or McWilliams.

or McWilliams, who has been pretty impressive at right wing back lately.
    trying to work out the formation as they have Pritchard,"trialist" and bodenham who have been the three centre backs for possibly the last couple of games (depending on if it's the same triallist) , then Brown as well, who you'd have thought was at centre back, but he can also play left back, but then there is Martin who is a left back.
    would Pritchard have been moved to right back maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    or McWilliams, who has been pretty impressive at right wing back lately.
    trying to work out the formation as they have Pritchard,"trialist" and bodenham who have been the three centre backs for possibly the last couple of games (depending on if it's the same triallist) , then Brown as well, who you'd have thought was at centre back, but he can also play left back, but then there is Martin who is a left back.
    would Pritchard have been moved to right back maybe?
    That's what I'd go for, I think Pritchard is pretty versatile.

So far, I've had the commentator say "good afternoon and welcome to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,," twice and then a blue circle which keeps on going round and around appears, so I'm wondering how much of this match we're going to see.

1-0 to Charlton, hang on 1-1 - Sam Bowen's just scored.

2-1 Charlton - I'm afraid George Ratcliffe was probably at fault with both goals.

3-1 penalty to Charlton.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

However, there is no Lee Tomlin, who has played each of the last two games, meaning one of two things; he has suffered an injury setback or, Cardiff fans will hope, he is being lined up for some involvement against Derby County with the senior team on Tuesday night.[/COLOR]
    In the same article, there’s a Twitter posting from today, which placed him in Leicestershire, so I doubt he’s going to be on the team sheet tomorrow night!

Watters not playing himself into contention.

1 - 4 HT. Bubble burst!

4-1 to Charlton half time - officials not giving City a thing, but we're second best all over the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    4-1 to Charlton half time - officials not giving City a thing, but we're second best all over the pitch.
    still saying 1-3 at the top of the screen?

DAvies just missed a good chance

Watters scores!

We seem to have tweaked the formation a bit and we are doing much better

4-3, Owen Pritchard.

4-3 now, excellent recycling of the ball around the opposing box