+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 47 of 164 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797147 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 4099

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

A 2-2 draw for the Academy v second placed Watford today. Lacking a bit of fire power now with Kieron Evans and Ntazana Mayembe playing under-23s and Isaak Davies presumably injured, Ryan Kavanagh pulled out just before kick off today too. 2-0 down early in the second half so it was a creditable result. I only saw the first half, we were a bit loose early on and conceded a poor goal but came back into it and were on top by half time. Ligendza was leading the line manfully, Pinchard sprayed some nice passes around and the full backs were pushing on well. Rubin Colwill and Owen Pritchard got our goals.

I didn't see Neil Harris there today but Steve Morison was making his way in as I left at half time. I was slightly rattled by seeing him stand in a hailstorm on Tuesday night without his hood up and was rather hoping his mum would've been told and had a word with him about it. Obviously not, it was pouring with rain today but he didn't even have a coat on. He's a loose cannon that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    A 2-2 draw for the Academy v second placed Watford today. Lacking a bit of fire power now with Kieron Evans and Ntazana Mayembe playing under-23s and Isaak Davies presumably injured, Ryan Kavanagh pulled out just before kick off today too. 2-0 down early in the second half so it was a creditable result. I only saw the first half, we were a bit loose early on and conceded a poor goal but came back into it and were on top by half time. Ligendza was leading the line manfully, Pinchard sprayed some nice passes around and the full backs were pushing on well. Rubin Colwill and Owen Pritchard got our goals.

I didn't see Neil Harris there today but Steve Morison was making his way in as I left at half time. I was slightly rattled by seeing him stand in a hailstorm on Tuesday night without his hood up and was rather hoping his mum would've been told and had a word with him about it. Obviously not, it was pouring with rain today but he didn't even have a coat on. He's a loose cannon that guy.
    I was shocked to learn he made more appearances for Wales than Darcy Blake!

Dan Martin has gone on loan to Bath City, who are third in the National League South. He was previously on loan at Weston, who play in the league below, so it's a step up for Dan. He set up the second on his debut last night in a 2-0 win at Maidstone and impressed his new manager, who'd been tracking him for a while.

I was going to put up an interview with him from last night that I saw earlier but it seems to have disappeared. Maybe Bath weren't happy he was wearing a City top instead of a Bath one, I've no idea. Wasn't much there anyway, he was saying how he can play left back, left wing back and on the left side of a back three (get him) and how he'd played week in week out this season which has obviously helped his fitness and confidence.

He's still playing four levels below the Championship so there's no point in reading too much into his form this season but I've only seen good things said about him and with some signs here that our full back play might be moving into the 21st century then it could turn out he's in the right place at the right time in the near future.

2-2 draw for the Academy at Coventry today, Keiron Evans with both the goals.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...2-cardiff-city

Two more goals for James Waite at Weston last night, I make it 11 in his last 13 games for them. Of course I wouldn't expect him to replicate that kind of form at Championship level but he's probably the closest we've got to another Tomlin type player at the club, I'd be disappointed if Harris hasn't at least considered him. There'd be the shock value as much as anything else, imagine if we'd suddenly brought on a technically gifted, inventive player with an eye for goal last night. It would've been the last thing Forest expected.

The Academy game was called off today but Joel Bagan got his first start for Notts County as they won their FA Trophy quarter-final 5-0. An online player ratings thingy gave him a 7, saying

'Showed why Cardiff rate him as a great prospect as he showed some lovely feet in the attacking areas. Showed maturity on the ball and always looked for the right pass.'

It's not often you see 'Cardiff' and 'showed some lovely feet in the attacking areas' in the same sentence so well done Joel.

An article on Ntazana Mayembe here.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...could-17863663

The Academy game was called off today but Joel Bagan got his first start for Notts County as they won their FA Trophy quarter-final 5-0. An online player ratings thingy gave him a 7, saying

'Showed why Cardiff rate him as a great prospect as he showed some lovely feet in the attacking areas. Showed maturity on the ball and always looked for the right pass.'

It's not often you see 'Cardiff' and 'showed some lovely feet in the attacking areas' in the same sentence so well done Joel.
    A first league start for Joel yesterday. In at the deep end, Notts County were away to league leaders Barrow. He played at wing back as County went with three at the back. A couple of key incidents went their way, Wayne Rooney's brother missed a first half penalty and then Barrow had a player sent off early in the second. County took advantage and went on to win 2-0.

Bagan seemed to come through it well. I'm not sure who does the ratings after County games, it might be his missus for all I know, but they're impressed. Joel was given a 9 with this very encouraging write-up.

'Defended with maturity given his young years. Had a tough opponent in Josh Kay, but kept him under wraps for large spells in the first half. Such a great prospect. Wonderful performance.'

Another goal for Isaak Davies today as a young under-23 side went down 2-1 at Charlton.

Joel Bagan has had his loan at Notts County extended to the end of the season, which is an interesting concept. He played in a 4-0 win over Eastleigh today, receiving a 7 on the player ratings with this summary.

'Another impressive display from the on-loan Cardiff defender. May still be a teenager but his maturity and understanding of the game is evident. Great news that he is here until the end of the season.'

A brief update on Joel Bagan's progress at Notts County here from manager Neal Ardley. He's urging us to give him time, maybe he's confusing us with a club who rush their youngsters through.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...e-back-3975122

I've just come across this thread gathering dust in the attic, better use it before my missus throws it out.

Joel Bagan has been recalled by Notts County and is in the running for a place in the play off semi against Barnet this Saturday. The local paper wants to see him start.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...d-pick-4351930

I noticed Barnet, who were eleventh in the National League table when fixtures stopped in March, were playing Yeovil in a Play Off match on Saturday and that was the first I knew about them taking place - I can remember hearing about relief at Macclesfield a few weeks ago because it had been confirmed they were staying up, but this means that they have been relegated doesn't it?

Hope Bagan plays - I'm guessing he will because I'm not sure Notts County would have recalled him if they weren't going to pick him.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I noticed Barnet, who were eleventh in the National League table when fixtures stopped in March, were playing Yeovil in a Play Off match on Saturday and that was the first I knew about them taking place - I can remember hearing about relief at Macclesfield a few weeks ago because it had been confirmed they were staying up, but this means that they have been relegated doesn't it?

Hope Bagan plays - I'm guessing he will because I'm not sure Notts County would have recalled him if they weren't going to pick him.
    No. Macclesfield are safe, Stevenage (and Bury) are gone.

I'd seen reports that Bagan had returned from his loan spell, he wasn't in the original squad for the play offs, but one of the Notts County players picked up an injury so they got permission to recall him as cover. I think they were surprised how fit he'd kept himself and he definitely seems to be in contention for a place on Saturday.

Matt Hall, keeper we signed from Bangor, released today. Also Danny Williams signed on loan at Haverfordwest for 6 months. Williams is 20; is he likely to return?

No. Macclesfield are safe, Stevenage (and Bury) are gone.

I'd seen reports that Bagan had returned from his loan spell, he wasn't in the original squad for the play offs, but one of the Notts County players picked up an injury so they got permission to recall him as cover. I think they were surprised how fit he'd kept himself and he definitely seems to be in contention for a place on Saturday.
    Macclesfield gone. Stevenage stay up

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Macclesfield gone. Stevenage stay up
    My mistake.

Stevenage were seven points adrift when Revell took over. He managed them for two games, lost them both and still kept them up. Hopefully he's demanding a pay rise now, he's a miracle worker.

The Under 23s are playing the first in a series of pre season matches today against Connahs Quay Nomads behind closed doors;-

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...ures-confirmed

The Under 23s are playing the first in a series of pre season matches today against Connahs Quay Nomads behind closed doors;-

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...ures-confirmed
    Nomads are facing FK Sarajevo at CCS next week in a Champions League qualifier

New deals for Tom Sang and Mark Harris

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...sign-new-deals

New deals for Tom Sang and Mark Harris

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...sign-new-deals
    The contract for Mark Harris surprises me - he's gone from being loaned out to League Two clubs to going to struggling for goals in a National League side that only just stayed up in recent seasons and seems further away from our first team than he was three years ago.

https://twitter.com/the_nomads/statu...11852447055876

I was looking for the result or any info about our team after the Connah's Quay Nomads game on Weds, but even though they had their own media there they aren't telling anyone the score. Our twitter weren't following it either; maybe no-one was counting. A few new faces (to me) in the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    https://twitter.com/the_nomads/statu...11852447055876

I was looking for the result or any info about our team after the Connah's Quay Nomads game on Weds, but even though they had their own media there they aren't telling anyone the score. Our twitter weren't following it either; maybe no-one was counting. A few new faces (to me) in the pics.
    Looking at those pictures, I'm sure that was the game going on in the background during Keiffer Moore's interview on the City website.

The contract for Mark Harris surprises me - he's gone from being loaned out to League Two clubs to going to struggling for goals in a National League side that only just stayed up in recent seasons and seems further away from our first team than he was three years ago.
    Perhaps he's the Ward replacement as 4th choice striker?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Perhaps he's the Ward replacement as 4th choice striker?
    Two or three years ago, I'd have thought yes he might be, but, on the face of it, there's little sign of him having developed much during that time while he's been out on loan.