+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 50 of 164 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100150 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 4078

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Sam Bowen off to Barry on loan, not sure for how long.

A 5-2 hammering at home for the Under 18s by Sheffield United yesterday - we're really struggling for results below first team level this season.

A very young Development team currently playing at Sheffield Wednesday - the team includes a new name to me Roland Idowu an eighteen year old midfielder formerly at Southampton's Academy.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    A very young Development team currently playing at Sheffield Wednesday - the team includes a new name to me Roland Idowu an eighteen year old midfielder formerly at Southampton's Academy.
    Lost 1-0. Not much info off the twitter feed, George Ratcliffe had a decent game by the sound of it but missed a chance to equalise in the final minute.

No point in trying to read too much into the players who were missing today but both full backs, Joel Bagan and Camron McWilliams, were absent along with Mark Harris and Tavio d'Almeida. No sign of Ntanza Mayembe in the past few weeks, I assume he's injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Lost 1-0. Not much info off the twitter feed, George Ratcliffe had a decent game by the sound of it but missed a chance to equalise in the final minute.

No point in trying to read too much into the players who were missing today but both full backs, Joel Bagan and Camron McWilliams, were absent along with Mark Harris and Tavio d'Almeida. No sign of Ntanza Mayembe in the past few weeks, I assume he's injured.
    So, Ratcliffe had a chance in the last minute?

Mayembe was captain of the Under 18s in the season opener against the wurzels I think, but I'm not aware of him playing at any level for us since then.

So, Ratcliffe had a chance in the last minute?

Mayembe was captain of the Under 18s in the season opener against the wurzels I think, but I'm not aware of him playing at any level for us since then.
    I was surprised to see Mayembe in the Academy side at the start of the season. When I noticed he wasn't there one week I assumed he was moving back up to the under-23s but instead of that he's disappeared altogether. Maybe he got played at full back and pulled a hammy.

Not sure what Ratcliffe was up to today, I'd like to think he ran 70 yards with it then hit the crossbar from outside the box but it was probably more mundane than that.

Sang off the bench for Cheltenham after 39 minutes.

The highlights of this game are up on the City site now. Looks like we played well, plenty of chances created with Chanka Zimba getting in good positions a number of times. Rubin Colwill put some nice passes through and had a shot blocked. Ratcliffe's chance was a decent one, he could be waiting a very long time for a better one.

I heard a good report about Sam Bowen's debut for Barry on Saturday in a 0-0 draw against Connah's Quay. Made a positive impression and showed good strength to match his technical ability which is encouraging.

https://t.co/qmqlXFNyPD?amp=1

Youngster Caleb Hughes signs pro deal with the club

The Academy team are 2-1 up at Barnsley at half time having also missed a penalty - they've been in front at the break in their previous two games I think and ended up losing, so let's hope they break the sequence today.

Oops they did it again - 2-1 up at half time and the Academy team lose yet again, this time 3-2 at Barnsley and that's their fourth consecutive loss.

Benkovic starts today for the under-23s. We're spoiling him.

1 of a back 5? It's on the website to watch.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/video/live

Anyone wanting to watch some football this afternoon can watch the game on the club website - it kicks off in 1o minutes.

Here's the team;-

Team syheet.jpg

There's a crowd of four watching it.

1-0 to City - Zimba from a right cock up by Hull.

What's happened to Tavio D'Almeida - was involved with the first(ish) team pre-season but now seems to have disappeared altogether

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    What's happened to Tavio D'Almeida - was involved with the first(ish) team pre-season but now seems to have disappeared altogether
    The same applies to Mark Harris, it may be that they're both involved with the first team if, as often happens, they operate with a twenty man squad.

1-0 at half time, City the better side for most of the time, but they were hanging on a bit towards half time - Dan Martin the stand out player for me so far.

There's a crowd of four watching it.
    Reminds me of the Hill at Sydney. I might take some tinnies down and join them for the second half.

The same applies to Mark Harris, it may be that they're both involved with the first team if, as often happens, they operate with a twenty man squad.

1-0 at half time, City the better side for most of the time, but they were hanging on a bit towards half time - Dan Martin the stand out player for me so far.
    Is he the left back who replaced Cunningham in the game the other week (was it bristol?)
    I thought he looked pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Is he the left back who replaced Cunningham in the game the other week (was it bristol?)
    I thought he looked pretty good
    Yes it was, shame he's another left back, we could do with someone like him playing right back at the moment.

2-0, header by Isaak Davies from a cross by Keiron Evans.

FT 2 - 0.

I enjoyed that. The u23s played some good stuff at times.

Finished 2-0, pretty comfortable for City in the second half with only an excellent late George Ratcliffe save to suggest that Hull could get back into things. Benkovic had a good second half before going off towards the end and I was impressed by Denham alongside him. Dan Martin, not quite as impressive after the break as he was before it, but I'd still give him Man of the Match.

Yes it was, shame he's another left back, we could do with someone like him playing right back at the moment.
    Play him on the right and we'll get a series in the Athletic gushing over our inverted wing backs