Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
Fair play that seems like a great amount, do you think he could make the step up Paul? Maybe a short loan to a league 1/2 side
Good shout. Griffiths doesn't strike me as a Warnock type centre forward but he's very combative and I wouldn't think he'd be fazed by a first team spell in the lower leagues, even at his age. There's a bit more to him than just being a fox-in-the box but he's obviously going to be more effective in a team that creates chances, probably best he stays away from our first team for a bit.

As for his future here, a lot will depend on the direction the club moves in at the end of the season. That goes for other youngsters too, of course. I think there's a fair bit of talent here but there have been so many injury problems at youth level, coupled with the stark contrast between the youngsters' style of play and the first team's, that it's hard to actually pick one out and say he could play first team football for us next season as it stands. However, if the club does want to change things and the lads have a good pre-season then there could be a much more positive outlook for the youngsters here.