+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 72 of 164 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182122 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 4098

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

A poor weekend for Cardiff City continued yesterday with the Women's team being beaten 4-0 by the jacks (they always beat us heavily in this fixture), but, hopefully, the Under 23s can lighten the mood by maintaining their fine start to the season in their game with Millwall today which is being played at Leckwith. Kick off is at 1 o clock and there is free entry for any fans who go along - the game will also be streamed on the club website;-

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...ty-vs-millwall

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    A poor weekend for Cardiff City continued yesterday with the Women's team being beaten 4-0 by the jacks (they always beat us heavily in this fixture), but, hopefully, the Under 23s can lighten the mood by maintaining their fine start to the season in their game with Millwall today which is being played at Leckwith. Kick off is at 1 o clock and there is free entry for any fans who go along - the game will also be streamed on the club website;-

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...ty-vs-millwall
    Nice one will put it on in the background while working at home today.

Only seen highlights this season so would be nice to see what a few of them are about.

1-0, Zimba again, lovely pass from Evans.

I like the look of zimba, a proper centre forward.

jai semenyo is really quick too

1-0 at half time, the only concern really is that it should be more.

1-0, Zimba again, lovely pass from Evans.
    Another cracking goal.

2-0, Isaak Davies.

Davies and Semenyo as the wingbacks now, should be good

centre backs comfortable to bring the ball out when it opens up which is great to see.
    it means that the midfield have to close them down which gives more space for our forward players.
    it is still getting the ball forward quickly, just a little bit more sophisticated than the hoof option.

Thought Connolly was very impressive

Big game next Tuesday - away to the wurzels, I wonder if we'll take any away fans ?

Think we may well have gone above the wurzels at the top of the league on goal difference today.

http://youthhawk.co.uk/w/index.php/2...pment_League_2

Cardiff go top of Development league as Under 23 success only highlights first team woes more,

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Cardiff go top of Development league as Under 23 success only highlights first team woes more,

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/
    Playing 3,4,3 under someone who want's it to be played on the floor is far different to playing it under the likes of hoofball McCarthy.
    Even with the squad we have i believe if passing and keeping the ball was encouraged we would still fair better in most games than the recent tactics

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Playing 3,4,3 under someone who want's it to be played on the floor is far different to playing it under the likes of hoofball McCarthy.
    Even with the squad we have i believe if passing and keeping the ball was encouraged we would still fair better in most games than the recent tactics
    Out of interest because I’m not sure about this, do you think the Under 23s would be playing like the first team if McCarthy was in charge of them?

Out of interest because I’m not sure about this, do you think the Under 23s would be playing like the first team if McCarthy was in charge of them?
    I think so i'm not sure he knows any other way.
    Tough question because he hasn't had much time and money here to change things a great deal.
    But Ipswich were not known for their passing football more bland and hoof despite him being there years and having the chance to bring players in to play better football.
    So not 100% sure but if i had to pick i'd go with yes under Mick the under 23s would be playing more of an hoof type game..

I don't think they would.

I think a lot of what dictates how we play this season is the players we have (influenced by budget, previous mistakes, years of short termism etc etc, not that MM hasn't played a part) and MMs job to win games at any cost.

I'm not saying he would have the u23s playing like Brazil 1970 but in the very nature of development you let those players express themselves, without the pressures of the result.

From what I've seen they naturally look good on the ball. Of course the pressure to perform, to get a result and that of the opponent also isnt there.

MM is far from blameless but I also have my doubts anyone would really come in and have us playing even the style of the u23 this season without sizeable changes to the squad.

What he can do is try to make a start but I fear we are destined for a team of defenders, particularly whilst results remain poor. The way we set up, even when not working is something he will probably end up going for.

It's just grim.

The attendance tonight with the weather results and entertainment will be awful.

It should be a no brainer that the first team would play like the under 23s if they were able to. Our first and second strings are like chalk and cheese at the moment and it’s telling that, apart perhaps from Pack, it is younger players like Giles and Colwill that are providing what little class we’re seeing from the first team.

It should be a no brainer that the first team would play like the under 23s if they were able to. Our first and second strings are like chalk and cheese at the moment and it’s telling that, apart perhaps from Pack, it is younger players like Giles and Colwill that are providing what little class we’re seeing from the first team.
    I guess the only reason it wouldn't be a no brainer is if the manager thinks we will do better with these players by playing a percentages game this season.
    not that long ago we were on the fringes of the playoffs. perhaps once promotion and relegation are both genuinely off the table we will give the players more license to express themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I guess the only reason it wouldn't be a no brainer is if the manager thinks we will do better with these players by playing a percentages game this season.
    not that long ago we were on the fringes of the playoffs. perhaps once promotion and relegation are both genuinely off the table we will give the players more license to express themselves
    The first team clearly cannot play 3-4-3 like the youngsters do, so the percentage game it is then, but, for me, we’ve played what looks like relegation scrapping football since we got promoted the first time!

The first team clearly cannot play 3-4-3 like the youngsters do, so the percentage game it is then, but, for me, we’ve played what looks like relegation scrapping football since we got promoted the first time!
    yeah don't get me wrong, I'd much prefer a bit more football being played by us, but I can understand why we haven't seen it so far.

George Ratcliffe, Keenan Patten, Sam Bowen & Isaak Davies all selected for the Wales Under 21 squad, Kieron Evans has been dropped for some reason

Sion Spence is in there as well after scoring his first goal for Bristol Rovers, I recall an utterly bizarre red card in his last Wales appearance. I wonder what would have happened with Colwill had Spence stayed with us? Would Spence be in the Wales squad right now or still overlooked at the City? Would Colwill have even been given a pro contract?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    George Ratcliffe, Keenan Patten, Sam Bowen & Isaak Davies all selected for the Wales Under 21 squad, Kieron Evans has been dropped for some reason

Sion Spence is in there as well after scoring his first goal for Bristol Rovers, I recall an utterly bizarre red card in his last Wales appearance. I wonder what would have happened with Colwill had Spence stayed with us? Would Spence be in the Wales squad right now or still overlooked at the City? Would Colwill have even been given a pro contract?
    Still think the fact that Colwill is the height he is had a lot to do with his first team breakthrough. Would Spence have made it into the first team squad here - it’s easy to be cynical and say no, but Keiron Evans (who I think may be smaller than Spence) has done so.

Really disappointing that about Evans and the under 21s, I suppose it has something to do with Spence being available again.

The Under 23s travel to Bristol City for a top of the table clash with the wurzels tomorrow, kick off at 1 o clock and it looks like we should be able to watch a stream of the game;-

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/bluebird...for-under-23s/

Still think the fact that Colwill is the height he is had a lot to do with his first team breakthrough. Would Spence have made it into the first team squad here - it’s easy to be cynical and say no, but Keiron Evans (who I think may be smaller than Spence) has done so.

Really disappointing that about Evans and the under 21s, I suppose it has something to do with Spence being available again.
    Yeah I agree on the height. As well as any physical advantage it makes it easier to stand out.

Keenan Patten has been withdrawn from the Wales U21s, I'm guessing he's injured

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Yeah I agree on the height. As well as any physical advantage it makes it easier to stand out.

Keenan Patten has been withdrawn from the Wales U21s, I'm guessing he's injured
    Three City players in the Wales Under 19 squad for a mini tournament in Norway this week;-

https://www.faw.cymru/en/news/rob-ed...lifying-round/

Two of those, Jones and Davies, would I'm sure have been involved with our Under 23s tomorrow - looks like it's going to be a long way short of our strongest team, but it'll be a good test for those left behind.