+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Cian Ashford is a name I've been keeping an eye on ever since I saw him come on and score a match winning goal for the Under 18s three seasons ago, but he has been missing from the team for months and I was beginning to think he'd been released or moved elsewhere. However, the sixteen year old is back for today's match at Crewe - turned out he had an operation following an ankle injury in December.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Cian Ashford is a name I've been keeping an eye on ever since I saw him come on and score a match winning goal for the Under 18s three seasons ago, but he has been missing from the team for months and I was beginning to think he'd been released or moved elsewhere. However, the sixteen year old is back for today's match at Crewe - turned out he had an operation following an ankle injury in December.
    he scored for the under 18s at 13?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    he scored for the under 18s at 13?
    Well, he was 13 or 14, good goal as well. He was taken off at half time today, hopefully not with a recurrence of his injury, with City 3-0 down and a last minute James Crole penalty helped us “win” the second half 1-0.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    scored a good goal.today apparently

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    scored a good goal.today apparently
    He was taken off at half time in his comeback match at Crewe last weekend and when he wasn’t in the squad for the match at Millwall in midweek, I was thinking he’d had a recurrence.

There was a Wales Online article recently saying that Ashford would be featuring for the under 23s next season.