+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Would you prefer Bulut to stay or go?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Prefer Bulut to stay

24 54.55%
  • Prefer Bulut to go

20 45.45%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you want Bulut to stay of go

International

Would you want Bulut to stay of go

Stay or Go

Re: Would you want Bulut to stay of go

I'd prefer a new manager with a more positive approach but aren't bothered if he stays as it means a period of relative stability.
    Polls like this aren't helpful IMHO as they can't capture the whole picture of how fans feel about the current situation and the "quality" of football on offer.

Go. He hasnt made us as better defensively as some are suggesting. Hes turned a few losses / draws into wins - more by luck than judgement in my opinion, I mean the Southampton game was a joke we should, not could, have been at least 4 nil down half time - and we are probaby 12-15 points better off than our performances have warranted. Weve been very, very lucky to amass the points we have and I dont attirbute that to Buluts coaching

Stay

We are not leeds or Leicester, we need a period of treading water

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Stay
    In
    We are not leeds or Leicester, we need a period of treading water
    Even after a period of treading water I suspect we are not a Leeds especially in terms of fanbase - not even a derby who are in our league next year

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Even after a period of treading water I suspect we are not a Leeds especially in terms of fanbase - not even a derby who are in our league next year
    We are not even a Norwich or Ipswich

That doesn't me We can't be ambitious but at present I think a few tweaks to the squad might put us in contention for the top 8 and then anything can happen

I think we are halfway there with bulut and it seems like armchair manager on here clammering for a change after we look like finishing mid table

Stay, otherwise I worry we'll have Darren Purse, Tom Ramsult and/or the tea lady.

If we were guaranteed a proper manager I'd at least be on the fence.

I think he’s done well all things considered and probably deserves a new deal. Personally though if I owned the club I would certainly look at the options first. Points wise great, but the performances have generally been poor, we sit far too deep imo and I’ve been frustrated that the youngsters have never really been given a shot until the mass injuries.

The other concern is who they would appoint.

Go. Definitely. 100%.

"We need stability," some claim. Under Bulut, I'm fairly certain stability will equate to more tedious, sterile mediocrity. Of course, there are those among us who actively embrace mediocrity, but it should be noted that some of loudest in that respect never actually go to matches, so they don't have to watch the garbage that is being served up on a regular basis.

If Bulut ends up staying (and I believe he will), I sincerely hope the entertainment levels will increase, and significantly, but based on the raft of evidence from this season, I very much doubt they will.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Go. Definitely. 100%.

"We need stability," some claim. Under Bulut, I'm fairly certain stability will equate to more tedious, sterile mediocrity. Of course, there are those among us who actively embrace mediocrity, but it should be noted that some of loudest in that respect never actually go to matches, so they don't have to watch the garbage that is being served up on a regular basis.

If Bulut ends up staying (and I believe he will), I sincerely hope the entertainment levels will increase, and significantly, but based on the raft of evidence from this season, I very much doubt they will.
    If he does stay then the football won't get better, how can it, he has a way of playing and I don't think he will ever deviate from that. The only crumb of hope is if he can identify a group of players who can implement what he wants. It will still be tedious, but maybe affective.

People on here going on about someone like josh Bowler getting doubled up on and things just fizzing out,saying how can that change with any player we have. It can, Bulut might not care about Bowler or whoever getting doubled up on or isolated, but he might want a player who has the intelligence to get something out of a situation like that. A free kick, even a throw in or a corner. People make the mistake of thinking that a wide players role is to just go past a defender. The other thing is that when Bowler was doubled up on there's a space left because someone has come out. Bulut may want a midfield player with the intelligence to exploit that space.

I want him gone, I can't even watch games anymore, they vote me senseless. Although I do believe that Bulut is tactical, and he's no dummy, he just has this awful way of playing football.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Go. He hasnt made us as better defensively as some are suggesting. Hes turned a few losses / draws into wins - more by luck than judgement in my opinion, I mean the Southampton game was a joke we should, not could, have been at least 4 nil down half time - and we are probaby 12-15 points better off than our performances have warranted. Weve been very, very lucky to amass the points we have and I dont attirbute that to Buluts coaching
    Yes it's all luck

Am I the only one who doesn't really care?
    It will be what it will be.... not much discussion there though.

I'd like to see him get the players HE wants through the door next season and then judge him.

Stay. Give him a whole pre-season and see what he does by Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    I'd like to see him get the players HE wants through the door next season and then judge him.
    Another excuse that is becoming common. Hes been allowed to bring in plenty of players he wanted and dont tell me he wouldnt want the likes of Phillips and Grant on loan.

The new progressive managers at both QPR and Sheffield Wednesday havent done bad with squads theyve had to work with. Wednesday especially. They were relegation certainties and Rohl has got them getting results and playing better football with largely a league one squad. Thats what good coaches do, they make players better. Look at the tune hes got out of Ugbo compared to Bulut.

You could say any manager in the division would have done better had he been allowed to bring in better quality players. Bring in a 20 goal a season striker.etc.

Getting boring now the excuses being made for this charlatan.

Another excuse that is becoming common. Hes been allowed to bring in plenty of players he wanted and dont tell me he wouldnt want the likes of Phillips and Grant on loan.

The new progressive managers at both QPR and Sheffield Wednesday havent done bad with squads theyve had to work with. Wednesday especially. They were relegation certainties and Rohl has got them getting results and playing better football with largely a league one squad. Thats what good coaches do, they make players better. Look at the tune hes got out of Ugbo compared to Bulut.

You could say any manager in the division would have done better had he been allowed to bring in better quality players. Bring in a 20 goal a season striker.etc.

You should post more opinions on football rather than abusing people all the time

Bit harsh, say how you really feel

International

Yep, value in Greece, Turkey, and Germany could make the difference in this transfer window without both hands tied behind his back.

50/50 so far interesting!

But that proves the logic that Bulut has done exactly what you praise Sheff Weds of doing, Shirley. We were in a relegation dog fights for 2 season which suggests we had players just slightly above league 1. Now we are mid table championship, never been in any real danger of sinking to the depth of the previous 2 seasons, an amazing turn around i'm sure you'd agree?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Go. Definitely. 100%.

Entertainment is subjective, finding joy often requires a shift in focus from seeking mere entertainment to embracing the things that bring true fulfillment.

You've been going to the city a very long time, i doubt for most of that, it was ever the actual football.

International

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    But that proves the logic that Bulut has done exactly what you praise Sheff Weds of doing, Shirley. We were in a relegation dog fights for 2 season which suggests we had players just slightly above league 1. Now we are mid table championship, never been in any real danger of sinking to the depth of the previous 2 seasons, an amazing turn around i'm sure you'd agree?
    Top half potentially ninth with a win on Saturday!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Pretty much as i see it, same feeling as i had with Lamouchi last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Yeah kind of how I feel tbh, if he stays he stays, if he goes he goes.

I don’t think he’s as good as some people make out or as bad as others do.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Entertainment is subjective, finding joy often requires a shift in focus from seeking mere entertainment to embracing the things that bring true fulfillment.

You've been going to the city a very long time, i doubt for most of that, it was ever the actual football.
    No, I’ve been bored stiff for most of this season. If you’d have told me back in August we’d get around fifteen more points and finish about ten places higher, I would have assumed the entertainment factor would be much higher than the previous season, but, with two or three exceptions, I’ve seen no great difference from 22/23 except we’re scoring from corners again - I’ve never liked teams that play with just one genuine attacking player in home games and that’s not changed because it’s my team that's now doing it.

I'm sure any manager would be good if they could get all the players they want.