+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 48 of 164 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898148 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 4078

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: Mark Harris. There was an article the other day about how NH likes a strong lad up front - Morison, Matt Smith and now Moore, and I'm not sure how MH would fit into this idea (if it's true - he's played Ward up front on his own, after all). Perhaps they'll try MH as a number 10? Although that would mean another case of trying to find a new position for a promising youngster, and that hasn't been so successful recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    New deals for Tom Sang and Mark Harris

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...sign-new-deals
    Sang turned 21 at the end of June. Is there any chance that he will make the grade for us?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Re: Mark Harris. There was an article the other day about how NH likes a strong lad up front - Morison, Matt Smith and now Moore, and I'm not sure how MH would fit into this idea (if it's true - he's played Ward up front on his own, after all). Perhaps they'll try MH as a number 10? Although that would mean another case of trying to find a new position for a promising youngster, and that hasn't been so successful recently.
    Harris did a pretty good job of playing up front by himself in the small number of games he played for the Under 23s early in the year after returning from Wrexham, but, like I said earlier in the thread, I'm surprised he was offered another extension to his contract - I'd love him to prove me wrong, but I don't see him making an impact in the first team in the coming season.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Sang turned 21 at the end of June. Is there any chance that he will make the grade for us?
    He's adaptable and has played at right back for the Under 23s, but I think it's more likely that he is loaned out over 20/21 than him playing any Championship football for us.

U23s currently 3-0 down to Swansea at HT. Pretty strong team too - Day, Flint, Cunningham, Bagan, Sang, D'almeida, Harris all starting.

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint! View Post
    U23s currently 3-0 down to Swansea at HT. Pretty strong team too - Day, Flint, Cunningham, Bagan, Sang, D'almeida, Harris all starting.
    Ended 5-1 to Swansea. Not sure how strong a team they put out but that doesn't look good. New lad from Blackburn, Zimba, scored ours.

Ended 5-1 to Swansea. Not sure how strong a team they put out but that doesn't look good. New lad from Blackburn, Zimba, scored ours.
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-city-18931516

Two limp and miserable performances from the first team and now this - do the city players and staff realise that competitive football started nine days ago? Neil Harris, his staff and the first team received justified praise for the way they were out of the starting blocks so quaickly after lockdown, this time they're like the sprinter who is left behind waiting for a false start gun which is never fired.

Can't comment on the performance, but that was a pitiful result given the team that was selected.

Here's some good City related news in this new season - a big win for the Under 18s over the wurzels.

Cian Ashford may only be fifteen now, but he was scoring winning goals at this level back in January 2019.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...1-bristol-city

James Waite back on loan to Weston. Good luck to the lad, I can't see him coming back here.

James Waite back on loan to Weston. Good luck to the lad, I can't see him coming back here.
    He's far better than that level - I can only assume that his stature, or lack of it, is putting other teams off him.

Just saw this on Twitter. Whilst short term deals might work, this one’s for the season, so I agree with ewe.

The Under 18s are away to the jacks today - the game has just kicked off.

1-0 to City, James Crole with a penalty.

Doh, 1-1 as soon as I stopped typing.

Still 1-1 into the second half.

Lost 3-1

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/video/live

Have got to this late but U23s game being streamed today. Currently 1-0 down to Bristol City after 35 mins.

Having plenty of the game but our final ball is awful - constantly overhit.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/video/live

Have got to this late but U23s game being streamed today. Currently 1-0 down to Bristol City after 35 mins.
    Thanks for that, I see Tomlin is playing.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Thanks for that, I see Tomlin is playing.
    any idea who else is playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    https://twitter.com/CF11Academy/stat...936679936?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Day; McWilliams, Denham, Margetson, Cunningham; D'Almeda, Bowen, Evans, Tomlin, Whyte, Harris

McWilliams seems lively

FFS we were well on top

What a dreadful own goal by Denham!