+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Hope that's not true, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was - played for the under 23s at fifteen last season and I believe he was captain of Wales at his age group. He's a midfield player who is probably best suited to a sitting role.
    This is very disappointing. Leeds have also just pinched West Ham's best youth player, Sonny Perkins. This type of poaching should be harshly penalised. We got only £500k compensation for Rabbi Matondo from Man City and they sold him less that 2 years later for £11m and he never played a 1st team game for them. How can that be right?

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    This is very disappointing. Leeds have also just pinched West Ham's best youth player, Sonny Perkins. This type of poaching should be harshly penalised. We got only £500k compensation for Rabbi Matondo from Man City and they sold him less that 2 years later for £11m and he never played a 1st team game for them. How can that be right?
    Agreed, but the trend in recent years has been to make it easier for bigger clubs to do such things hasn’t it.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    they should enforce a mandatory sell on fee, split by the proportion of their time spent in the academies at the selling and buying clubs:

i.e. if a player spends 3 years with us then 2 years with man city and then they sell him for 20 million we should get 60% of that or something like that