+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 81 of 165 FirstFirst ... 31717273747576777879808182838485868788899091131 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 4110

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

2-0, Zimba. Good poacher's goal

Watford have been sitting pretty deep

are we playing Watford again this week in the youth cup?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    That's a shame, Bowen was impressing and I think he'd have gotten plenty of games under Morison
    Yes, he can pass the ball which gives him a head start over some.

3-0 Connolly (who's been good today), great shot which got a deflection.

Fantastic clearance off the line by Connolly to prevent a Taylor Jones own goal.

4-0, Bagan.

Finished 4-0 and it felt like just a routine win.

I mentioned Connolly in another thread as a possibility to replace Morrison. What do you think Bob?

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    I mentioned Connolly in another thread as a possibility to replace Morrison. What do you think Bob?
    He certainly has a bit of pace and likes to overlap. I like him.

Not seen as much as others, bits and bits so can't comment on his readiness but he's be a breath of fresh air.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    4-0, Bagan.
    Bagan seems determined to prove you wrong about him playing at the back, by popping up with goals and assists in the last couple of games and regularly getting into the opposition's box

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Bagan seems determined to prove you wrong about him playing at the back, by popping up with goals and assists in the last couple of games and regularly getting into the opposition's box
    Nice to see from a wing back

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    On today’s form you have to say he has a chance, he was excellent. One thing in his favour is that he plays on the left, they’re quite valuable commodities these days which might explain some of the interest there’s supposed to be in Ciaron Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I said on here last week that I think Bagan offers more of a goal threat than Giles and if he goes on to make a career for himself as a wing back, I reckon he’d be good for four or five goals a season. Both of his goals have come from good, contrasting, finishes as well - I think the commentators were right when they said Steve Morison would have no issues about picking Bagan if Giles was unavailable for any reason.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I said on here last week that I think Bagan offers more of a goal threat than Giles and if he goes on to make a career for himself as a wing back, I reckon he’d be good for four or five goals a season. Both of his goals have come from good, contrasting, finishes as well - I think the commentators were right when they said Steve Morison would have no issues about picking Bagan if Giles was unavailable for any reason.
    yes that bodes well for next season, as it is looking increasingly unlikely that we will be getting Giles back next season

Captain Connolly stars as City under 23’s maintain 100 per cent record.

"Routine" win for all conquering youngsters.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

First Team

I vaguely remember City’s youth teaming getting to the FA Youth Cup Final years ago. Who was in that team at the time and what happened to them subsequently?

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    I vaguely remember City’s youth teaming getting to the FA Youth Cup Final years ago. Who was in that team at the time and what happened to them subsequently?
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FA_Y...s_of_the_1970s

Phil Dwyer obviously, Derek Showers I think as well, had a fair few first team outings. Jimmy Hobby, lives in Fairwater, retired now, had a bad leg break playing Sunday League football while playing out of position in goal. Jimmy McInch, later played a few first team games and for Bath City. Nigel Rees, famous for that cross.

City were beaten 2-0 on aggregate in the Final of the 70/71 Youth Cup.

Off the top of my head, the following played some part in the Cup run.

The keeper was called Williams, never played for the first team. Phil Dwyer was right back, john Impey, who played about 500 games for various West Country clubs was captain and played about twenty times for us. Alan Shaw was alongside Impey at the back and was described as our man of the match in one of the legs of the Final, but never played for the first team, nor did Jimmy Hobby who Splott Parker mentioned (he lived around the corner when he was City).

In midfield, Alan Couch was from Briton Ferry and played about ten times for our senior team. Billy Kellock was a Scot who was signed by Norwich after playing about fifty times, he drifted into non league then, but came back to play for Peterborough and Wolves among others. Nigel Rees made his debut for City at 17 and made the goal against Real Madrid, but was playing Welsh League football in his early twenties. There was another Rees, Brian who played on the right wing, he was from Coventry and his one game for the first team was against Sunderland in a Cup match in front of 40,000 at Roker Park.

Up front was Danny Showers who went on to play for Wales and Jimmy McInch another Scot who played about ten times for the first team and settled in South Wales when he was released by us. There was also a kid called George Gibbs I think it was who scored in the Semi Final, but played the Final knowing he’d been given a free transfer.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Phil Dwyer obviously, Derek Showers I think as well, had a fair few first team outings. Jimmy Hobby, lives in Fairwater, retired now, had a bad leg break playing Sunday League football while playing out of position in goal. Jimmy McInch, later played a few first team games and for Bath City. Nigel Rees, famous for that cross.
    Would it be too much to hope for the current team to emulate the '70/'71 team in part tribute to Phil Dwyer?

Would it be too much to hope for the current team to emulate the '70/'71 team in part tribute to Phil Dwyer?
    Yes, I think it probably would, but I think we’ll all have a better idea about that if we attend, or watch a stream of, tonight’s match.

unlucky for the u18s hope the injury to mpadi isn't too bad