+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 82 of 166 FirstFirst ... 32727374757677787980818283848586878889909192132 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 4149

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    unlucky for the u18s hope the injury to mpadi isn't too bad
    Unlucky is pushing it, a really disappointing performance. I was expecting a lot more, I'm struggling to come up with positives other than Crole taking his goal well. Ashdown looks to have loads of talent but spent a lot of time walking and his body language suggested he'd just come off a twelve hour shift down a coal mine, which is unlikely. Definitely one to keep an eye on though.

Mpadi was fine, just a bit of cramp. He'd struggled to get involved and was probably lucky not to be subbed earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Unlucky is pushing it, a really disappointing performance. I was expecting a lot more, I'm struggling to come up with positives other than Crole taking his goal well. Ashdown looks to have loads of talent but spent a lot of time walking and his body language suggested he'd just come off a twelve hour shift down a coal mine, which is unlikely. Definitely one to keep an eye on though.

Mpadi was fine, just a bit of cramp. He'd struggled to get involved and was probably lucky not to be subbed earlier.
    Ashford, sorry. Long day.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post

I agree with you, was there a goal attempt from City worthy of the name in the first half when we played like a group of individuals? Second half was better, I thought we shaded that, but two bad individual errors did for us and I don’t think we could have any complaints at the outcome. I also agree about Ashford regarding his demeanour, but, not having seen him play too often, maybe that’s just the way he is. Either way, I thought he was our best player - people talk about the lack of players able to run with the ball from central midfield, well he has a mixture of strength and skill which enables him to do that at age group level, he also has an eye for a pass. Also thought Schwank did well on the right and Clay looked a good prospect, overall though, disappointing and underwhelming are two words that spring to mind.

Watched the second half. Thought our lads played some decent football but virtually all their players looked bigger and stronger than ours. Their first goal was a disaster you could see coming in slow motion. Our defender, can't remember his name, got the ball by our penalty area and panicked with no options he should of just lumped the ball upfield instead he tried to run past one Watford player which he wasn't quick enough to do and ran into another nearby Watford player in front of him lost the ball and they scored. Absolute idiocy.

James Crole is an excellent finisher and will score goals for someone. Cian Asford looks very skillful and an excellent passer not surprised Leeds were willing to pay a million for him, he looks like a future very good player certainly the most exciting prospect since Cowill.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewsbury Blue View Post
    Watched the second half. Thought our lads played some decent football but virtually all their players looked bigger and stronger than ours. Their first goal was a disaster you could see coming in slow motion. Our defender, can't remember his name, got the ball by our penalty area and panicked with no options he should of just lumped the ball upfield instead he tried to run past one Watford player which he wasn't quick enough to do and ran into another nearby Watford player in front of him lost the ball and they scored. Absolute idiocy.

James Crole is an excellent finisher and will score goals for someone. Cian Asford looks very skillful and an excellent passer not surprised Leeds were willing to pay a million for him, he looks like a future very good player certainly the most exciting prospect since Cowill.
    It's a good job the idiots are still learning ;)

Second game of the week for the under 23s at Millwall tomorrow.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...cardiff-city-0

1-0 down at half-time, could this be the end of the run?

As noted elsewhere no Denham in the squad today, with Bakare stepping into the back 3

Lost 1 - 0. The run is over.

Had to end sometime. The test now is to pick themselves up for the next one.

The bubble has well and truly burst with both the u18s and u23s losing. Possibly as a result of players moving into senior squad.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    1-0 down at half-time, could this be the end of the run?

As noted elsewhere no Denham in the squad today, with Bakare stepping into the back 3
    Interesting to see how Bakare got on.

So Sang and Denham have probably travelled to Birmingham as part of the first team squad then. Millwall are third in the table and so not really a side to drop points against, but, although it’s probably happened at some level in the last fifty eight years during my time supporting the club, I can’t remember a time when the first team or the two senior age group sides at City have won eleven straight matches, so congratulations to all involved for a fantastic run which featured some great, entertaining football.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    The bubble has well and truly burst with both the u18s and u23s losing. Possibly as a result of players moving into senior squad.
    Yes, one loss. Disaster. Bubble burst.

A 1-1 draw at Leckwith this lunchtime for our under 18s against the team they lost to on Wednesday, Watford. Both goals were scored early on with Cian Ashford equalising before the twenty minute mark. Unfortunately, James Crole “skied” a late penalty that could have won the game for City.

U18s are 3-0 up against the wurzels, who are now also down to 10 men.

4-0 now. HT

4-1 FT. Another nice derby win.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    4-1 FT. Another nice derby win.
    A return to form for the under 18s after three matches without a win - goalscorers were Hughes, Ashford, Crole (pen) and Schwank.

Also, the under 23 match scheduled for Monday at Charlton has been called off, so City have played their last football it seems until Boxing Day at the earliest.

If anyone is missing watching City action, the highlights of the under 18s win over the wurzels on Saturday are on the club site including a very nice chipped goal by Caleb Hughes.

City's Under 23s begin the second half of their season after the Christmas break with a home match with Ipswich tomorrow which the club website is showing as an eleven o clock kick off. The team which began the season so well will have changed a lot with some players now in the first team squad and others out on loan, so it'll be like a fresh start for those who play tomorrow and that may mean a dip in results and performance levels - hopefully, tomorrows match will be streamed as per usual by the club.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    City's Under 23s begin the second half of their season after the Christmas break with a home match with Ipswich tomorrow which the club website is showing as an eleven o clock kick off. The team which began the season so well will have changed a lot with some players now in the first team squad and others out on loan, so it'll be like a fresh start for those who play tomorrow and that may mean a dip in results and performance levels - hopefully, tomorrows match will be streamed as per usual by the club.
    Could we see the return of Bowen? Morison said something along the lines of him having to earn his place back in the senior squad (which seemed a little harsh considering he's been injured and had been performing well, but there we go)

Could we see the return of Bowen? Morison said something along the lines of him having to earn his place back in the senior squad (which seemed a little harsh considering he's been injured and had been performing well, but there we go)
    makes sense to me, he only had a couple of appearances before his injury and while promising he wasn't guaranteed to play then.

You’d think so based on what was said by our manager on Friday. He’s been out for more than three months though and so I wouldn’t be surprised to see him on the bench and maybe playing for half an hour or forty five minutes.

Are they still top of the league, the u23 team?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Are they still top of the league, the u23 team?
    Eleven points clear, the wurzels do have a couple of games in hand on us though.

http://youthhawk.co.uk/w/index.php/2...pment_League_2