+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    In terms of ball retention, we’re making last season’s first team look like Barcelona - this really is awful.

None of the players brought in from other clubs are improvements on what we had here already.
    Exactly. Whenever I see the u21s our own products look better than these signings who are often older! All these guys are doing is blocking younger players' development

Marvellous goal by Leahy, but great chasing from Wigley to win the ball back and pull the ball back in the first place.

Superb goal from twenty five yards from Jack Leahy - somehow, City are 4-3 up!

Swansea, who’ve not used any subs, look out on their feet.

Nice

Who was the manager who took the u21s on a record breaking run, what’s he doing these days.

Finished 4-3, credit to City for coming back and for some good substitutions, but we used a few games worth of luck up this afternoon.

Imagine what sort of state we'll be in if the 1st team derby is like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Imagine what sort of state we'll be in if the 1st team derby is like that!
    We’ve beaten them at under 18s, under 21s and women’s team level in the past few weeks - it’s in the bag, Swansea may as well concede

We’ve beaten them at under 18s, under 21s and women’s team level in the past few weeks - it’s in the bag, Swansea may as well concede
    Leahy likely to make the first team bench on a regular basis soon ?

A bit of dishonesty in the Swansea match report:

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/rep...ea-city-u21s-3

The penalty drama didn’t stop there as moments later, the Swans were awarded a spot-kick up the other end for a handball. Cotterill was the one to convert for the Swans, pulling a goal back to halve the deficit.

In the aftermath, the visitors were reduced to 10 men. As a melee between Josh Thomas and Cardiff keeper Matthew Turner saw the striker dismissed.

'A melee'? Makes it sound like a 50:50 tussle and their player was dismissed for no obvious reason.

At best it was a push in the face; at worst a punch. Right in front of the (admittedly poor) referee. Clear red, no argument.

Excellent game. Better side lost.
    Lovely right hook to fell our goalie.
    That open goal miss must be the worst I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    A bit of dishonesty in the Swansea match report:

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/rep...ea-city-u21s-3

The penalty drama didn’t stop there as moments later, the Swans were awarded a spot-kick up the other end for a handball. Cotterill was the one to convert for the Swans, pulling a goal back to halve the deficit.

In the aftermath, the visitors were reduced to 10 men. As a melee between Josh Thomas and Cardiff keeper Matthew Turner saw the striker dismissed.

'A melee'? Makes it sound like a 50:50 tussle and their player was dismissed for no obvious reason.

At best it was a push in the face; at worst a punch. Right in front of the (admittedly poor) referee. Clear red, no argument.
    More than a little misleading!

9 City players called up to the Wales u17s squad - 45% of the squad!

https://twitter.com/CF11Academy/stat...k8r99TUfKsQE3A

Craig Knight has chosen his 20-player squad to represent Cymru in the qualifying round for the 2023 European U17 Championship in Poreč, Croatia next week.
    Cymru are in Group 7 alongside Croatia, Sweden, and Albania.

The qualifying round will begin on the 20 October where Cymru will face Croatia at Stadion Veli Jože (KO 12:00). They will then take on Sweden at Stadion Lako on October 23 (KO 10:00).

Cymru will return to Stadion Lako on October 26 for the final game of their qualifying campaign against Albania (KO 12:00).

Cymru U17: Alfie TUCK (Queen’s Park Rangers), Alyas DEBONO (Cardiff City), Brayden CLARKE (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Callum HARDY (Crewe Alexandra), Charlie CREW (Leeds United), Cody TWOSE (Cardiff City), Dakarai MAFICO (Cardiff City), Dylan LAWLOR (Cardiff City), Ewan GRIFFITHS (Swansea City), Freddie ISSAKA (Plymouth Argyle), Gabriele BIANCHERI (Cardiff City), Jacob COOK (Swansea City), Joe ANDREWS (Southampton), Joe BELMONT (Liverpool), Joe HATCH (Plymouth Argyle), Luey GILES (Cardiff City), Luke ARMSTRONG (Cardiff City), Rhys THOMAS (Manchester City), Troy PERRETT (Cardiff City), Zach GIGGS (Manchester United)

Quote Originally Posted by Rontomuk View Post
    Craig Knight has chosen his 20-player squad to represent Cymru in the qualifying round for the 2023 European U17 Championship in Poreč, Croatia next week.
    Cymru are in Group 7 alongside Croatia, Sweden, and Albania.

The qualifying round will begin on the 20 October where Cymru will face Croatia at Stadion Veli Jože (KO 12:00). They will then take on Sweden at Stadion Lako on October 23 (KO 10:00).

Cymru will return to Stadion Lako on October 26 for the final game of their qualifying campaign against Albania (KO 12:00).

Cymru U17: Alfie TUCK (Queen’s Park Rangers), Alyas DEBONO (Cardiff City), Brayden CLARKE (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Callum HARDY (Crewe Alexandra), Charlie CREW (Leeds United), Cody TWOSE (Cardiff City), Dakarai MAFICO (Cardiff City), Dylan LAWLOR (Cardiff City), Ewan GRIFFITHS (Swansea City), Freddie ISSAKA (Plymouth Argyle), Gabriele BIANCHERI (Cardiff City), Jacob COOK (Swansea City), Joe ANDREWS (Southampton), Joe BELMONT (Liverpool), Joe HATCH (Plymouth Argyle), Luey GILES (Cardiff City), Luke ARMSTRONG (Cardiff City), Rhys THOMAS (Manchester City), Troy PERRETT (Cardiff City), Zach GIGGS (Manchester United)
    2-0 up at HT. Perrett with 1 of the goals.

This is our winner against Watford. Cracking run and cross to Conte. Can't work out who it is though. I think they're wearing 1-11 numbers, so 12 makes him a sub. It's obviously not the goalie Turner or Conte, and the other subs were Macnamara and Wigley, who I don't think it is, and a trialist. If it's the trialist, he looks good.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/CF11Acade...65085651521537

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    This is our winner against Watford. Cracking run and cross to Conte. Can't work out who it is though. I think they're wearing 1-11 numbers, so 12 makes him a sub. It's obviously not the goalie Turner or Conte, and the other subs were Macnamara and Wigley, who I don't think it is, and a trialist. If it's the trialist, he looks good.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/CF11Acade...65085651521537
    Think that’s the trialist.

Think that’s the trialist.
    Confirmed by the commentary in these highlights https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/video/player/0_ipqgkpwd

The consequences of signing 17 players! An under 21 side almost completely devoid of academy products

I make that 7 of our "best transfer window ever" in that starting XI?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    The consequences of signing 17 players! An under 21 side almost completely devoid of academy products

I make that 7 of our "best transfer window ever" in that starting XI?
    I make it 5?

Why are we weakening our u21s with that lot?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I make it 5?
    Apologies I think it may be 6, not 7. Alnwick, Campbell, Antwi, Tanner, Etete, Philogene

Though Benjamin was also signed this summer

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Apologies I think it may be 6, not 7. Alnwick, Campbell, Antwi, Tanner, Etete, Philogene

Though Benjamin was also signed this summer
    ah I was only counting players announced as part of the first team squad - antwi was announced as u21s