+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Agreed about the summariser and the 2nd half summarise was just as good

In terms of team again agree with keeper and dakari but also though Benjamin at centre half and the number 10 gave solid performances as well

Enjoyable watch and I thoughthe ref was unfussy as well and seem to have a good rapport with the players
    Yes, I agree about both Jac Clay as second half summariser and also about Antwi (number 10), who has been increasingly effective as the season has gone on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Wasn't able to catch the game but saw Semenyo played. Was he any good? With all the talk about Sang at RB and Campbell not being worth a go, it was forgotten we had someone who this time last year was given a taste of first team action - albeit for 2 minutes - at Liverpool. Presumably, if he was fairly close last year who should be even closer this time.
    Semenyo played on the left and did well there - he suffered from cramp late on, it was something which illustrated how hard the team worked. I’d say that Semenyo is more a candidate to be loaned out than a first team contender though.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Semenyo played on the left and did well there - he suffered from cramp late on, it was something which illustrated how hard the team worked. I’d say that Semenyo is more a candidate to be loaned out than a first team contender though.
    Didn’t Morison say as much in the summer about Semenyo?

Will Spiers puts City a goal up in the Youth Cup game at Oxford in just three minutes.

1-0 to City at half time.

2-1 to Oxford now. 2 goals in 2 minutes!

3-1 to Oxford, game over it seems.

3-1 FT - bit disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    3-1 FT - bit disappointing.
    Yes, we’ve not done well in the Youth Cup lately.

I've just watched the U21 game. A very good performance. The three schoolboys did well. Lewys Benjamin is impressive, he's the 1st 6ft+ goalkeeper we have had in our U18 academy for years. I can't believe he hasn't ever been selected by Wales at Schoolboy or U16 level.

Eli King really is a class apart. Antwi, Zimba, Leahy and Campbell are OK, but they are all 21 now and nowhere near the 1st team, Colwill, Denham (I hope he's back soon) and King are all younger. The three centre halves did well, but none of them appear to be tall enough for league football.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes, we’ve not done well in the Youth Cup lately.
    This is a group that should have done better. They are probably not the strongest at the back and would have missed Lawlor (who I presume is injured).

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    I've just watched the U21 game. A very good performance. The three schoolboys did well. Lewys Benjamin is impressive, he's the 1st 6ft+ goalkeeper we have had in our U18 academy for years. I can't believe he hasn't ever been selected by Wales at Schoolboy or U16 level.

Eli King really is a class apart. Antwi, Zimba, Leahy and Campbell are OK, but they are all 21 now and nowhere near the 1st team, Colwill, Denham (I hope he's back soon) and King are all younger. The three centre halves did well, but none of them appear to be tall enough for league football.
    Growth spurts. Just saying!

Highlights of the u21s win yesterday https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/vide...a-cc2bf408ded3

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I hope Denham is back soon. He's a good player. He should be even better now he's 6'7"

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    It’s a little know fact that Stanley Matthews retired at 14’ 2”

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It’s a little know fact that Stanley Matthews retired at 14’ 2”
    No troubles getting on the grass, but it was a bit of a struggle to get in the building by the end

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    No troubles getting on the grass, but it was a bit of a struggle to get in the building by the end

It all worked out ok, the group carried him in length ways.

Reported on Twitter that several clubs, including Man City, Villa & Southampton, are interested in Troy Perrett

Reported on Twitter that several clubs, including Man City, Villa & Southampton, are interested in Troy Perrett
    made his u21 debut the other day I think

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Ms8UzlG4...SIkaIECMiOmarE

Bianchieri as well seen some rumors on Twitter could be off?

At what point do you do a Brentford and bin off the academy. Seems like it’s basically just a way to develop highly rated young players for the Prem. Not that the Brentford model would work for us the way the club is run, but if we lose 3 highly rated youngsters in under a year before they have a chance to play for us what is the point.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Bianchieri as well seen some rumors on Twitter could be off?

At what point do you do a Brentford and bin off the academy. Seems like it’s basically just a way to develop highly rated young players for the Prem. Not that the Brentford model would work for us the way the club is run, but if we lose 3 highly rated youngsters in under a year before they have a chance to play for us what is the point.
    It is disheartening isn't it if we lose the best of the young players we develop.
    It seems like a broken system if bigger clubs can poach the best of smaller clubs' academies before they can even get any decent money for them, then just loan their academy stars out for a few years before letting them go.

Not quite the same thing, but I wonder what’s happened to Cian Ashford?