+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Charlton’s no15 should have scored first
    He fired over the bar from four yards out 🫣
    Surely a header would have been the better option?

That was a mad final few minutes.

0 - 2 (but very nearly 1 - 1)

Finished 2-0 - yet another boring afternoon in this boring season spent watching boring Cardiff City making the scoring of a goal look impossible. Good to see Cian Ashford back and providing the odd touch of class amongst all of the humdrum stuff. Ashford’s shot against the post in added time was City’s best moment, Crole somehow failed to put away the rebound and then Charlton broke away and made the game safe within another ten seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Finished 2-0 - yet another boring afternoon in this boring season spent watching boring Cardiff City making the scoring of a goal look impossible. Good to see Cian Ashford back and providing the odd touch of class amongst all of the humdrum stuff. Ashford’s shot against the post in added time was City’s best moment, Crole somehow failed to put away the rebound and then Charlton broke away and made the game safe within another ten seconds.
    Have lost interest lately. Can only take so much malaise. Crole back from his loan or just allowed to nip back as and when?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Have lost interest lately. Can only take so much malaise. Crole back from his loan or just allowed to nip back as and when?
    See above, had a bust up with Gary Johnson it seems.

See above, had a bust up with Gary Johnson it seems.
    Ah cheers, missed that at the time. I'd noticed Crole tends to moan a bit on the pitch and hoped that was down to having high standards but obviously an issue if he's irritating people. Nice to see the U18s turn it around though.

Hopefully Ashford can stay fit now, still a teenager isn't he and was highly rated

I only seen a bit but Zimba seems to chase with such little conviction, almost like a token gesture.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Hopefully Ashford can stay fit now, still a teenager isn't he and was highly rated
    And not be poached by a premier league side

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    And not be poached by a premier league side
    He’s 18 so I guess we can offer him any kind of contract we want.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Which he's under no obligation to sign.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Obviously, no one is under an obligation to sign.

I assume the comment was in regards to the lad who signed for United who we couldn’t sign on a professional contract until the same time United could sign him despite him being in out academy for so many years.

he signed a professional contract with us back in June

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Ah yes, that's a better position to be in.

Good thing he's already signed it then

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Good thing he's already signed it then
    Sign another for us in a couple of years and, you never know, he may be ready for the first team by the time that one runs out.

Sign another for us in a couple of years and, you never know, he may be ready for the first team by the time that one runs out.
    With all our striker issues I wondered from the start of the season why he wasn't in and around the squad, I realise loan was a good opportunity for him but since January I wonder if it may have been worthwhile him being in and around the team, who knows what he may do if given the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    With all our striker issues I wondered from the start of the season why he wasn't in and around the squad, I realise loan was a good opportunity for him but since January I wonder if it may have been worthwhile him being in and around the team, who knows what he may do if given the opportunity.
    Seems that he’s been injured, maybe more growing pains, who knows?

Young Player of the Season 2026/27

Watched the u21 regularly this season and only Crole and King stand out. Not sure why we dont start Etete and Davies upfront to see if they can form a partnership that could benefit the first team in the future.

Yesterday match was really scrappy with a few half chances for both team but Charlton missed some sitters second half. We seem to be playing Antwi as a number 10 when he was a Defensive mid before xmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiwbina Blues View Post
    Watched the u21 regularly this season and only Crole and King stand out. Not sure why we dont start Etete and Davies upfront to see if they can form a partnership that could benefit the first team in the future.

Yesterday match was really scrappy with a few half chances for both team but Charlton missed some sitters second half. We seem to be playing Antwi as a number 10 when he was a Defensive mid before xmas.
    Increasingly, I find myself agreeing with those querying the standard of coaching at age levels football at City - the first team has struggled to find a number 10 all season and you’d have thought the staff at under 21 would be trying to identify players best suited for the role, Antwi’s not a number ten based on what I’ve seen of him.

The under 18s are at home to Ipswich today, kick off 11 o clock.

1 - 0 up after 58 seconds!

Japhet Matondo.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    1 - 0 up after 58 seconds!

Japhet Matondo.
    Nice one.
    Oh for the same this afternoon!

Oh. 1-1